Takeda Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-20, 06:36 AM
Dribble
Driver

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Takeda Air Intake

aFe Power TR-2017L-D - Takeda Stage-2 Pro DRY S Intake System

Dumb question - when I was looking at the Takeda air intake for my 2019 RCF - it only lists up to 2018 compatibility. Was there a change to the 2019 that would not allow this kit to work for me? Or do you think the website was not updated?
Old 07-23-20, 06:55 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,802 Posts

I think they just did not do any updates on their site. The 2019 intake is the same from what i know as the 2015 to 2018. The 2020 has minor differences, but it still can use the same aftermarket intakes from what I know.
The following users liked this post:
Dribble (07-23-20)
Old 07-23-20, 10:28 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Yes it will fit.

Let us know if you'd like pricing on it.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
05RollaXRS (07-23-20)
Old 07-23-20, 01:38 PM
RCFNN
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

does anyone know a company that will ship a takeda intake to california because most companys are telling me no or is anyone selling one
Old 07-23-20, 01:39 PM
RCFNN
Driver

i live in riverside california how much for a takeda intake
Old 07-23-20, 08:15 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RCFNN
i live in riverside california how much for a takeda intake
You will have to PM Meraki (if they sell it to your region).
Meraki Autoworks (07-23-20)
Old 07-24-20, 08:47 PM
bajong
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
You will have to PM Meraki (if they sell it to your region).
I bought the same Takeda intake back in 2017 from Meraki for my 2017 RC-F. Had no problems in sending it to Hawaii. I love my RC-F,
Meraki Autoworks (07-25-20)
Old 07-24-20, 09:01 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bajong
I bought the same Takeda intake back in 2017 from Meraki for my 2017 RC-F. Had no problems in sending it to Hawaii. I love my RC-F,
How do you like the Takeda CAI? Did you get the dry or the wet one? How do you like the noise of the intake once the baffles open up at 3600?
Old 07-25-20, 07:58 AM
bajong
Driver

How do you like the Takeda CAI? Did you get the dry or the wet one? How do you like the noise of the intake once the baffles open up at 3600?
I got the dry version. It does make a throaty, howling sound when it open up. They say it doesn’t give the car any more HP, but it does sound nice. How do you like your Invidia Exhaust? I’m considering that, but don’t want something too loud. In your opinion, how much louder (percentage) is it than stock? Thanks.
05RollaXRS (07-25-20)
Old 07-25-20, 08:52 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I got the dry version. It does make a throaty, howling sound when it open up. They say it doesn’t give the car any more HP, but it does sound nice. How do you like your Invidia Exhaust? I’m considering that, but don’t want something too loud. In your opinion, how much louder (percentage) is it than stock? Thanks.
Hey man, thanks for the feedback. That sounds good. I would be happy with a more metallic induction sound. I am considering the wet version since it has longer maintenance intervals and has slightly better airflow. I think it will really nicely complement my Invidia full catback. Regarding your questions of Invidia, I have had it for over 2 years and it is perfect for me. It is more on the sophisticated, melodic and musical type tone than brutal, muscle car like noise. The noise tends to be strained in higher frequencies/octaves That is exactly what I wanted. It flows very well with the large diameter piping (2.75 inch vs 2.0 inch stock) and has a high flow resonators and mufflers. No secondary cats. I feel a very noticeable power bump compared to stock especially over 3500 rpm. Regarding loudness, I would say it is about 20% louder than stock. It is perfect since it is quieter than many other exhausts on the RCF like Borla, for example. Definitely noticeably louder than stock especially when you roll the window down slightly and hear the noise echo off other cars and walls, but not a lot louder. I personally find it 10x more enjoyable than with the stock exhaust. Hope that helps.

Here is my cold start and light revs video

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 07-25-20 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-25-20, 12:22 PM
bajong
Driver

Hey man, thanks for the feedback. That sounds good. I would be happy with a more metallic induction sound. I am considering the wet version since it has longer maintenance intervals and has slightly better airflow. I think it will really nicely complement my Invidia full catback. Regarding your questions of Invidia, I have had it for over 2 years and it is perfect for me. It is more on the sophisticated, melodic and musical type tone than brutal, muscle car like noise. The noise tends to be strained in higher frequencies/octaves That is exactly what I wanted. It flows very well with the large diameter piping (2.75 inch vs 2.0 inch stock) and has a high flow resonators and mufflers. No secondary cats. I feel a very noticeable power bump compared to stock especially over 3500 rpm. Regarding loudness, I would say it is about 20% louder than stock. It is perfect since it is quieter than many other exhausts on the RCF like Borla, for example. Definitely noticeably louder than stock especially when you roll the window down slightly and hear the noise echo off other cars and walls, but not a lot louder. I personally find it 10x more enjoyable than with the stock exhaust. Hope that helps.

Here is my cold start and light revs video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buOy7ENzLaY
Wow bro...I love that sound! I think I will go with the Invidia as I don’t want anything too loud as my wife will not like it. Bring back memories of years ago when I had a V8 Vega as my street racer. I love the sound of a V8! Thanks so much for posting the video. I think Josh at Meraki had that exhaust on sale this month. BTW...I’m finally getting some different rims for my car. I ordered a set of Titan 7 TS-5 wheels that should be coming in soon. I’ll post some pics as soon as I get them mounted.

If I didn’t live all the way in Hawaii, I would love to send my car to RR Racing and have the supercharger installed. Where I live, there is no speed shop or place that could install something like that. No way I would attempt it at this point either. The kids are now done with college so it’s time for dad to play with some hot rods again! I enjoy seeing what other RCF fanatics have done with their cars.
thanks again for the info and video on the Invidia exhaust.
Old 07-25-20, 04:09 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Wow bro...I love that sound! I think I will go with the Invidia as I don’t want anything too loud as my wife will not like it. Bring back memories of years ago when I had a V8 Vega as my street racer. I love the sound of a V8! Thanks so much for posting the video. I think Josh at Meraki had that exhaust on sale this month. BTW...I’m finally getting some different rims for my car. I ordered a set of Titan 7 TS-5 wheels that should be coming in soon. I’ll post some pics as soon as I get them mounted.

If I didn’t live all the way in Hawaii, I would love to send my car to RR Racing and have the supercharger installed. Where I live, there is no speed shop or place that could install something like that. No way I would attempt it at this point either. The kids are now done with college so it’s time for dad to play with some hot rods again! I enjoy seeing what other RCF fanatics have done with their cars.
thanks again for the info and video on the Invidia exhaust.
Yes, it is a great exhaust. Absolutely love it. It is quieter than the Borla because the mufflers are a bit more insulated and the high-flow resonators on the Invidia smoothen the noise out more than other exhausts like Borla etc. Still, there is a lot of texture and layers going on with the sound. In my opinion, it should have come stock like this. Likewise, I will be doing the Takeda stage 2 AFE power cold air intake most likely, the wet one.
Old 07-26-20, 07:09 PM
RCFNN
Driver

can anyone help me out? cali is no go to get it shipped
Old 07-26-20, 07:11 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RCFNN
can anyone help me out? cali is no go to get it shipped
Can you not go buy it in a neighboring state and then drive back with it?
Old 07-26-20, 07:12 PM
RCFNN
Driver

that would be a 8 hour drive

Quick Reply: Takeda Air Intake