RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Supercharged kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-20 | 01:53 PM
joshuaj683
Driver School Candidate

Default Supercharged kit

Hello guys I was wondering the supercharged hit from rr racing it says it’s for the RCF. GSF I was looking into seeing if it’s possible to put the supercharged kit on a LC500 considering it has the same engine and the RCF and the GSF if anyone can plz help me I haven’t seen anything for the LC 500 and I’m stuck between getting a LC500 or getting a GTR R35 both are used but it’s like I like the speed of the GTR but I like the V8 from the LC500 I like to drift and do burnout and I was told that the GTR can drift since it’s awd what do you guys think
Old 07-31-20 | 06:48 PM
vbb

I'm going to take a guess that no, the RR Racing supercharger will not work on an LC500. Ask RR to be sure. More importantly, I think the GTR and LC500 are very different vehicles. If you are prioritizing speed and power, the GTR will win. If you're prioritizing burnouts and drifting, maybe a mustang?
The following users liked this post:
br116 (08-02-20)
Old 07-31-20 | 06:56 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

If you want supercharger and really want this V8 engine then you might have to go with RCF (which is not a bad thing since you save about 350 lbs and a smaller size compared to the LC500). I realize the exterior styling and more luxury might be a selling point, but RR racing has not made one yet. Engine is the same, but the packaging in the engine bay is very different. You might have to go with the GTR otherwise.
Old 08-01-20 | 01:48 PM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

Dude, these cars are as different as comparing a Honda civic with a 7 series.

You really must test drive and spend some time with them.
Me personally, I really tried to like the GTR because it was a dream car since childhood. That's a car you get in your 20s, except no one can afford it then. What a shame.

I also considered upgrading to LC after my RC lease expired, but the only thing I really liked about over the RCF was the exterior and exhaust note.

Anyway, my only real point is that they are just completely different cars.
Old 08-02-20 | 11:16 AM
br116
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by djeayzonne
Dude, these cars are as different as comparing a Honda civic with a 7 series.

You really must test drive and spend some time with them.
Me personally, I really tried to like the GTR because it was a dream car since childhood. That's a car you get in your 20s, except no one can afford it then. What a shame.

I also considered upgrading to LC after my RC lease expired, but the only thing I really liked about over the RCF was the exterior and exhaust note.

Anyway, my only real point is that they are just completely different cars.
Couldn't agree more with all of you, but sometimes (like this video) it's hard not to want one
Old 08-02-20 | 11:19 AM
br116
Driver School Candidate

Actually, does anyone here have the RR street kit installed? How do you like? or what don't you like?