RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2021 RCF Announced

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-20 | 11:30 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Default 2021 RCF Announced

https://pressroom.lexus.com/the-ulti...edway-edition/

Track Edition replaced by The RC F Fuji Speedway Edition.

Lou
The following 3 users liked this post by flowrider:
05RollaXRS (09-10-20), 1wacko (09-10-20), Ctrl-F (09-10-20)
Old 09-10-20 | 11:52 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

So, I guess Lexus did continue with the track edition in 2021. It is the same car, but with a different name limited to 60 units. This might be the last year for the RCF.
Old 09-10-20 | 01:10 PM
Teutonic
Intermediate

Although the TVD requires the premium package for $5500, I don't get how the TVD is then a $1,250 add on, yet a replacement unit is ~$25k? I guess the CF hood was similar.
Old 09-10-20 | 02:06 PM
Roche
Driver

Doesn't really seem like they are adding anything? Blind spot and cross traffic alert? My 2015 has that.

Also I'm having a hard time figuring out what the 60 unit special edition has. Looks like a custom paint color, but the performance parts are all the same as the 2020?
Old 09-10-20 | 02:28 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter
CL Folding 1M

Included with the purchase of every RC F Fuji Speedway Edition will be a limited production MSTR automatic movement watch. The timepiece features RC F-inspired elements such as a gunmetal bezel, red stitching on its band, and Fuji Speedway and F logos.

Well I want the ****ing watch now
The following 2 users liked this post by vraa:
05RollaXRS (09-10-20), rp2000r (09-11-20)
Old 09-10-20 | 02:32 PM
DreDilla
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Roche
Doesn't really seem like they are adding anything? Blind spot and cross traffic alert? My 2015 has that.

Also I'm having a hard time figuring out what the 60 unit special edition has. Looks like a custom paint color, but the performance parts are all the same as the 2020?
Looks like Android Auto is new for 2021!
Old 09-10-20 | 03:09 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Roche
It was optional previously in the US. They are making it standard in 2021.

It is essentially the same as the 2020 Track Edition. They just renamed it to 'Fuji Speedway Edition' and added a watch with special exterior colors etc. with a 60 unit limit.

Originally Posted by vraa
I

Well I want the ****ing watch now
I am sure if you raise your concerns with Lexus that you feel disappointed since you bought a 2020 RCF Track Edition and then give additional watch in 2021 for the same model. In all likelihood, they will do something about it.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 09-10-20 at 04:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rp2000r (09-11-20)
Old 09-11-20 | 07:10 AM
rp2000r
Pit Crew

Glad to see the RCF get another year of production.

I also want that watch Hahahaha!
05RollaXRS (09-11-20)
Old 09-12-20 | 09:43 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Good news in a special way...

Bad news is they still have 2020 Track Edition units sitting in the dealership..

Approx one per State is not too bad, just need the right buyer for each one.
And hope the dealerships don't slap on the market adjustment / mark up..

THE ULTIMATE F: 2021 RC F AND RC F FUJI SPEEDWAY EDITION

• All-New 472-Horsepower RC F Fuji Speedway Edition
  • Standard Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Heated Electrochromic Exterior Mirrors, and Memory Driver’s Seat on RC F

PLANO, Texas (September 10, 2020) – The high-performance RC F races into the 2021 model year with its GT3-inspired looks and naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V8 producing 472 horsepower. New for 2021, the stunning coupe introduces the limited RC F Fuji Speedway Edition to its lineup, offering F enthusiasts a new way to express their bravura.

RC F is celebrated for having the best power-to-weight ratio offered in its class, the most powerful V8-powered Lexus to date boasts stunning looks, cunning dynamics, and a unique exhaust signature. Rated at 472 horsepower at 7,100 rpm and 395 pound-feet of torque at 4,800 rpm, the 5.0-liter V8 is a core element of the RC F’s athletic personality.

GONE IN 60 UNITS – THE 2021 RC F FUJI SPEEDWAY EDITION

Paying homage to the track where F began, the 2021 RC F Fuji Speedway Edition will be limited to just 60 units. Named after the world-renowned “Temple of Speed” in the foothills of Mount Fuji—the birthplace of Lexus high-performance—this unique edition embodies decades of development on this iconic track. Precisely engineered beyond the base RC F, this version of the performance coupe features master-crafted upgrades that work together seamlessly to push its performance to a new level. Featuring further weight reduction, Brembo Carbon Ceramic brakes, titanium exhaust, and an extensive use of carbon fiber aerodynamics, the RC F Fuji Speedway Edition is far more than an appearance package. The sum of the detailed enhancements can be experienced in the estimated 3.96 seconds it takes to accelerate to 60 mph from a standstill.

The RC F Fuji Speedway Edition will only be available in Arctic Blast Satin* or Cloudburst Gray*. Arctic Blast Satin – a Lexus-first – is a unique white paint possessing a semi-matte finish. The paint expresses a beautiful satin luster like that of a true matte finish, yet is durable enough go through an automatic car wash. Inside, every cockpit is decorated with Circuit Red leather-trimmed seats with Alcantara accents. Red Carbon Fiber ornamentation adorns the cabin for the ultimate distinction.

Included with the purchase of every RC F Fuji Speedway Edition will be a limited production MSTR automatic movement watch. The timepiece features RC F-inspired elements such as a gunmetal bezel, red stitching on its band, and Fuji Speedway and F logos.

WHAT’S NEW: 2021 RC F

New for 2021 is the inclusion of standard Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, heated electrochromic exterior mirrors, and a memory driver’s seat (excluding Fuji Speedway Edition). In addition, Intuitive Parking Assist is included to the available Premium Package. Other interior enhancements include a revised satin trim and steering horn pad design.
Android Auto compatibility is now included on the standard multimedia which already features Amazon Alexa integration, Apple CarPlay compatibility, Lexus Enform Wi-Fi (four gigabyte/one-year trial is included), and Lexus Enform Remote (three-year trial is included).

ONE EXHILARATING RIDE

The greatest measure of a vehicle’s response is the one it invokes in the driver. And it’s precisely why every element of the high-performance RC F is painstakingly scrutinized to minimize weight while maximizing aerodynamics. From hollow half shafts down to the smallest components like a compact air conditioning compressor, every gram was purposefully crafted for optimal performance.

Lexus engineers worked with the RC F GT3 racing team to create a unique aerodynamics strategy that increases downforce for better grip and control through every turn. Even the airflow inside the wheel wells was carefully calculated. Air exits through the fenders, allowing the suspension to perform without disruptive air pressure, simultaneously enhancing handling and stability. And taking traction to the next level, each tread line on the RC F’s Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires features a specially developed compound to maximize grip.

From its muscular stance and available Premium Triple-Beam LED headlamps and taillamps, to its driver-inspired cabin including aggressively styled high-back sport seats, the RC F is the ultimate F, inside and out – on and off the track.

(*Extra cost color)

Last edited by Joe Z; 09-12-20 at 09:47 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Joe Z:
05RollaXRS (09-12-20), 1wacko (09-13-20), ISF4life (09-12-20), JT2MA71 (09-12-20)
Old 09-13-20 | 12:19 PM
Kev99sv
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Good news in a special way...

Bad news is they still have 2020 Track Edition units sitting in the dealership..

Approx one per State is not too bad, just need the right buyer for each one.
And hope the dealerships don't slap on the market adjustment / mark up.
Looks like Lexus is jumping on the bandwagon with special editions every year now. They are limited production but not good for resale. Paying over MSRP for these cars is fine if you want to have one now but Lexus can't seem to sell all of 50 or 60 of a limited edition within a year. Just shows that rarity doesn't equal value.
Old 09-13-20 | 08:17 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Dealers are asking 50K over Monroney for 2021 Inspiration Series LC Convertibles:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...nvertible.html

Lou
Old 09-13-20 | 08:31 PM
rp2000r
Pit Crew

Most of the TE cars that sat for a while were because those dealers had them marked up $5k-50k over msrp. Insanity really...Msrp or a few thousand under I would assume they would’ve sold pretty quick but who knows.
The TE takes a certain buyer that’s forsure.
Lots of options for cars once your spending $100k.
Old 09-14-20 | 07:21 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter
CL Folding 1M

This won't sell

2020 RC-F TE at msrp still don't sell

2020 RC-F TE below msrp still don't sell

Lexus ****ed up. I hate my TE now, it's just another soul less lexus

I'm probably going to run it through the auction to get rid of it, **** lexus. They won't understand enthusiasts. No more LX, RX, RC, IS, or NX for me.....

60 units my ***, they never published how many 2020 RC-F TE's existed

Lexus is dead, once Tesla starts making nicer interiors there will be no reason to buy such a soul-less vehicle from a tone-deaf company
rp2000r (09-14-20)
Old 09-14-20 | 09:58 AM
rp2000r
Pit Crew

Definitely pisses me of as one of the reasons I purchased a TE was because they were supposed to be very limited and I like rare things. Then Lexus goes ahead and produced more WTF.

Auction/sell/trade time possibly for me and move to a Porsche GT3 hmmmmm....

Lexus can pack sand! Hahahah
Old 09-14-20 | 07:32 PM
Kev99sv
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rp2000r
Definitely pisses me of as one of the reasons I purchased a TE was because they were supposed to be very limited and I like rare things. Then Lexus goes ahead and produced more WTF.

Auction/sell/trade time possibly for me and move to a Porsche GT3 hmmmmm....

Lexus can pack sand! Hahahah
I like the TE and even if they make 60 more it’s still rare. My point was that these limited production series cars are cool from a rarity perspective but not any more valuable. It has taken years for the LFA to get past MSRP. Lexus is not Ferrari. I sold my Pista after a year for well over MSRP but the Lexus limited cars are just depreciating assets. I agree that all the limited series cars that are coming out is just fluff but I do love the Lexus experience both from sales and service.
vraa (09-15-20)

Quick Reply: 2021 RCF Announced