RR Racing | RC F R2 Air/Oil Separator

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-20, 09:43 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,401 Likes on 643 Posts
Default RR Racing | RC F R2 Air/Oil Separator

Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce the R2 release of our famous Air/Oil Separator with improved hoses available in Black, Blue and Red. This revision also allows the Air/Oil Separator to be installed with no modifications to the engine cover.

The RC F and GS F Air/Oil separator is a by product of our F track development program. During on track testing and data logging, it became clear that the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) was allowing for significant ingestion of oil into the engine. Oil ingestion results in ignition retard due to the low octane of engine oil as it burns up. Additionally, oil burning in the engine results in carbon deposits on the intake valves, pistons, and combustion chamber which further increases the propensity for power-robbing detonation. You don't have to take your F-car to the track to benefit from our Air/Oil Separator. Anyone who drives aggressively on twisty roads with hard acceleration and deceleration will benefit from avoiding oil ingestion into the engine.

The RR-Racing Air/Oil Separator is an fully sealed design featuring an advanced zero maintenance air oil separator with a level indicator for easy inspection. We utilize only the finest quality fittings and urethane hoses. All you have to do is check the level indicator and periodically empty the canister.

In this version the canister has almost three times the capacity, and we made a change in the bracket design to better fit Lexus RC F.

NOTE: if you own our original Air/Oil Separator, you can still upgrade your hoses here:

RED
https://www.rr-racing.com/product-p/rrr-aoshsk3.htm

BLACK
https://www.rr-racing.com/product-p/rrr-aoshsk1.htm

BLUE
https://www.rr-racing.com/product-p/rrr-aoshsk2.htm

All components in this product are proudly engineered and manufactured here in the United States of America.

https://www.rr-racing.com/Lexus-Air-...rcfaos0002.htm
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 10-13-20 at 09:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
1wacko (10-13-20)
Old 10-13-20, 07:54 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Did the quick release feature got lost? at the track, that feature is very handy.

How does these hoses disconnect from the barbs?
or the catch canister has to be spun off the cap?
That would not be so fun with the motor hot.

Bet the silicone hoses would seal better vs the current ones.
Old 12-21-20, 09:51 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 778 Likes on 482 Posts

Does the one hose that has two 90 degree bends in it affect anything? I always thought 90 degree turns were bad for flow/air movement... Wouldn't just a simple u-shaped bend would have been better?

Looks like the blue matches the intake manifold blue color? Anyone chime in on real life if it's a true enough match?

Thanks,
-Nigel
2Insane (01-05-21)
Old 01-02-21, 03:49 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,401 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by Mingofish
Did the quick release feature got lost? at the track, that feature is very handy.

How does these hoses disconnect from the barbs?
or the catch canister has to be spun off the cap?
That would not be so fun with the motor hot.

Bet the silicone hoses would seal better vs the current ones.

The issue we had with the previous hoses is that people were always asking about small Oil residue at the connection points, and also the hoses would potentially need to be replaced every few years. So these new hoses are more maintenance free.

Originally Posted by nigel821
Does the one hose that has two 90 degree bends in it affect anything? I always thought 90 degree turns were bad for flow/air movement... Wouldn't just a simple u-shaped bend would have been better?

Looks like the blue matches the intake manifold blue color? Anyone chime in on real life if it's a true enough match?

Thanks,
-Nigel
Internally, the AOS canister is made to be restrictive because it uses swirl effect and some turbulence to separate the air/oil. The new lines are very thick and firm to prevent collapse under vacuum, and internally very smooth. The blue is not meant to be a perfect match to the manifold. I think goes well with the blue exterior paint though.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
05RollaXRS (01-02-21), 1wacko (01-04-21)
Old 01-03-21, 09:12 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 778 Likes on 482 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by RRRacing
The issue we had with the previous hoses is that people were always asking about small Oil residue at the connection points, and also the hoses would potentially need to be replaced every few years. So these new hoses are more maintenance free.

Internally, the AOS canister is made to be restrictive because it uses swirl effect and some turbulence to separate the air/oil. The new lines are very thick and firm to prevent collapse under vacuum, and internally very smooth. The blue is not meant to be a perfect match to the manifold. I think goes well with the blue exterior paint though.

Rafi

Thanks Rafi,

I ended up ordering the cf heatshield and the AOS but with black hoses. After finding a picture of someone else I ended up liking the stock / low profile look of something that wasn't too bright in the engine bay. Pretty much the only blue is going to be my tom's oil cap and the blue in the intake manifold.

can't' wait to get the items from you.

-Nigel
Old 01-03-21, 09:22 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,362 Posts

I had one in my ISF and it did scavenge some oil. I tried to fit one I bought from Amazon and could not find a way accomplish the task. I contacted RRRacing and they showed no interest I would still like to find a way to install a catch can to my LC

Lou
2Insane (01-05-21)