Search this Thread

Old 10-19-20, 12:36 PM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Lexus RC F Fuji Speedway Edition Limited to 60 Examples

Lexus RC F Fuji Speedway Edition Limited to 60 Examples
By Brett Foote

The rare RC F Fuji Speedway Edition is a car that pays homage to an iconic track.

Old 10-19-20, 01:24 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,950 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Much discussion here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...announced.html

Lou
Old 10-22-20, 07:12 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

Over-priced. Who in their right mind is going to want to pay for a brake job on that.

There are several units in the Toronto area sitting on dealer lots that haven't moved.
The following users liked this post:
SickAF (10-24-20)
Old 10-23-20, 12:53 PM
sensai
Advanced

Received 662 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by brendanf
Over-priced. Who in their right mind is going to want to pay for a brake job on that.

There are several units in the Toronto area sitting on dealer lots that haven't moved.
Interesting. Which Toronto dealers have several Fuji Edition units?
Old 10-23-20, 06:46 PM
SickAF
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Good lol. I remember when I worked at my Lexus dealership. It just sat, and sat, and sat. No one is paying $30k+ for just carbon fiber and a faster 0-60 time by 0.1 seconds. You’re better off buying a pre owned RC F and using that money modding it to your liking lol. Those were my exact thoughts also when we first got it in.
Daniels927 (10-27-20)
Old 10-23-20, 07:13 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by SickAF
Good lol. I remember when I worked at my Lexus dealership. It just sat, and sat, and sat. No one is paying $30k+ for just carbon fiber and a faster 0-60 time by 0.1 seconds. You’re better off buying a pre owned RC F and using that money modding it to your liking lol. Those were my exact thoughts also when we first got it in.
I know people are not a big fan of the track edition, but lets not diminish what Lexus did for the TE. The car weighs 170 lbs less than our RCFs at ~ 3800 lbs while still maintaining majority of the luxury we have. Also, the carbon brakes are $16,000. There are still very rare (my RCF is already very rare, which makes the TE is super rare). Compared to my RCF carbon/TVD, the RCF TE is only another $8000 more (without mark ups) so considering what you can buy for that money, that makes all RCFs overpriced except the base model.
Ismelllike (10-23-20)
Old 10-23-20, 07:20 PM
SickAF
Rookie

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I know people are not a big fan of the track edition, but lets not diminish what Lexus did for the TE. The car weighs 170 lbs less than our RCFs at ~ 3800 lbs while still maintaining majority of the luxury we have. Also, the carbon brakes are $16,000. There are still very rare (my RCF is already very rare, which makes the TE is super rare). Compared to my RCF carbon/TVD, the RCF TE is only another $8000 more (without mark ups) so considering what you can buy for that money, that makes all RCFs overpriced except the base model.
Imagine lol. And it’s still heavier than the M4 by 175lbs. I know I know, the M4 is a little less reliable but still. There’s a lot of rich people in the world. I wonder why not many people buy these. Probably because around that price range you’re hitting GTR money or Hellcat even which is way better. Limited availability isn’t helping it sell faster either (when it usually should) and that’s saying something lol because they still don’t sell fast.

Last edited by SickAF; 10-23-20 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-23-20, 07:27 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Imagine lol. And it’s still heavier than the M4 by 175lbs. I know I know, the M4 is a little less reliable but still. There’s a lot of rich people in the world. I wonder why not many people buy these. Probably because around that price range you’re hitting GTR money or Hellcat even which is way better.
Still a German test showed, RCF TE is slightly quicker around Saschsenring track than a standard M4. Almost on par with an M4 competition, but slower than an M4 CS on Cup 2 sllck tires (which costs $110,000 MSRP anyway). All I am saying, Lexus did an admirable job with the RCF TE regardless of the fact that it is overpriced.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-23-20 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-23-20, 08:03 PM
Kev99sv
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 37 Posts

Imagine lol. And it’s still heavier than the M4 by 175lbs. I know I know, the M4 is a little less reliable but still. There’s a lot of rich people in the world. I wonder why not many people buy these. Probably because around that price range you’re hitting GTR money or Hellcat even which is way better. Limited availability isn’t helping it sell faster either (when it usually should) and that’s saying something lol because they still don’t sell fast.
I love these posts. I have a TE and I love it. No interest in cross shopping for a GTR (had one before) or a Hellcat (no interest). And BMW is a POS. You want to know what makes the difference. Service and reliability. You don’t get crap from Nissan or Dodge (I guess that’s who makes the hellcat) compared to Lexus. I heard the same stuff when I bought my LFA. Rich has nothing to do with it. It’s customer experience and quality that keep bringing me back to Lexus. I could have those other cars and choose not to.
The following 5 users liked this post by Kev99sv:
05RollaXRS (10-23-20), linpaul76 (10-24-20), Mingofish (10-26-20), rp2000r (10-24-20), Vitveet (10-27-20)
Old 10-23-20, 08:24 PM
Lurker9
Pole Position

Received 99 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Kev99sv
I love these posts. I have a TE and I love it. No interest in cross shopping for a GTR (had one before) or a Hellcat (no interest). And BMW is a POS. You want to know what makes the difference. Service and reliability. You don’t get crap from Nissan or Dodge (I guess that’s who makes the hellcat) compared to Lexus. I heard the same stuff when I bought my LFA. Rich has nothing to do with it. It’s customer experience and quality that keep bringing me back to Lexus. I could have those other cars and choose not to.
I love the look of the TE. How does it drive compared to your GS F?
Old 10-23-20, 08:25 PM
SickAF
Rookie

As always to each their own lol. I’m just saying I wouldn’t spend $103,000+ on this car. It’s not THAT much better than the $65,000 RC F. The TE is +$38,000 (or more) and not much changes lol.

Last edited by SickAF; 10-23-20 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-23-20, 08:37 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

It applies to all of us RCF owners. I also paid quite a lot for my RCF and could have purchased a few year Nissan GTR or a used C7 Z06, but it simply came down to what I wanted and what checked all of the boxes for me. As a matter of fact, a junior colleague in my team, bought a 650 HP C7 Z06 a few months ago for cheaper than what I paid for my RCF and amazing performance for the dollar. I simply wanted the RCF for a multitude of reasons. However, RCF is the car that compelled me to think about purchasing something I did not need.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-25-20 at 01:09 PM.
linpaul76 (10-24-20)
Old 10-23-20, 08:41 PM
cvt
Racer

Received 547 Likes on 363 Posts

I heard the same stuff when I bought my LFA.
That flex game tho!.....🤣👍🏻
Old 10-23-20, 10:11 PM
SickAF
Rookie

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
It applies to all of us RCF owners. I also paid quite a lot for my RCF and could have purchased a 2 - 3 year Nissan GTR or a used C7 Z06, but it simply came down to what I wanted and what checked all of the boxes for me. As a matter of fact, a junior colleague in my team, bought a 650 HP C7 Z06 a few months ago for cheaper than what I paid for my RCF. I simply wanted the RCF for a multitude of reasons. It is a bargain at that price. However, RCF is the car that compelled me to think about purchasing something I did not need.
You paid $50,000 for your 1 year old RC F with performance package correct? You didn’t pay much compared to the prices here (US). That’s a stupid good deal here in the states.

Last edited by SickAF; 10-23-20 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-23-20, 10:38 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

You paid $50,000 for your 1 year old RC F with performance package correct? You didn’t pay much compared to the prices here (US). That’s a stupid good deal here in the states.
I paid $67K CAD all in, but that was below market at the time as the seller did not want to store for the winter. I capitalized on the timing.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-23-20 at 10:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus RC F Fuji Speedway Edition Limited to 60 Examples