RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anti gravity battery for RCF with re-start/jump start feature

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-20, 07:16 AM
jcruik
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

That's a beautiful car you have there 05RollaXRS. At the time of purchase in early 2018, the RS-30 was the only Antigravity battery designed for passenger vehicles. It was a universal design, which caused some mounting headaches, but fortunately the terminals were in the proper locations. I was initially worried that 30Ah wouldn't be sufficient, but the battery has proven to have more than enough capacity for my simple starting and driving requirements, and it has had no problem cranking the relatively large displacement 392 engine. I run the A/C regularly in Southern California without issue, even when sitting at idle for long periods.

At the request of the company owner, I performed a simple voltage test to document the performance of the battery when stressed by a 2015 Challenger's electrical system. Following installation of the RS-30, I drove the car for 20 minutes to freshen up the battery before parking for a two-week voltage discharge test. I was initially going to just leave the car unlocked and monitor the voltage daily, but decided to keep the car locked, which activates the alarm, and unlock the car once per day to take the voltage measurement. Since unlocking and locking the car also activates the dash and interior lights, I thought that would add a little additional stress to the battery. The car was not driven and no charge was applied to the battery at any time during the two-week test period. Although there was obviously a slow downward trend, the voltage reserve was incredibly steady. After two weeks, the battery voltage only dropped from an initial reading of 13.34V to a final reading of 13.26V. These readings were almost identical to another RS-30 lithium battery user on one of the Porsche forums that tested his car for four weeks, and recorded a similar voltage drop from 13.30V to 13.13V. At the completion of the test, I left the car unlocked all night and checked the voltage one more time the next morning. I was surprised to discover that the voltage actually recovered slightly to 13.29V. Looking at the simple regression equation from my two-week test, Volts = 13.308 - 0.0039(Days), it appears that after two months, the RS-30 would still retain more than 13.0V, which is truly amazing.
The following 2 users liked this post by jcruik:
05RollaXRS (12-02-20), vraa (12-02-20)
Old 12-02-20, 09:33 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Originally Posted by jcruik
That's a beautiful car you have there 05RollaXRS. At the time of purchase in early 2018, the RS-30 was the only Antigravity battery designed for passenger vehicles. It was a universal design, which caused some mounting headaches, but fortunately the terminals were in the proper locations. I was initially worried that 30Ah wouldn't be sufficient, but the battery has proven to have more than enough capacity for my simple starting and driving requirements, and it has had no problem cranking the relatively large displacement 392 engine. I run the A/C regularly in Southern California without issue, even when sitting at idle for long periods.

At the request of the company owner, I performed a simple voltage test to document the performance of the battery when stressed by a 2015 Challenger's electrical system. Following installation of the RS-30, I drove the car for 20 minutes to freshen up the battery before parking for a two-week voltage discharge test. I was initially going to just leave the car unlocked and monitor the voltage daily, but decided to keep the car locked, which activates the alarm, and unlock the car once per day to take the voltage measurement. Since unlocking and locking the car also activates the dash and interior lights, I thought that would add a little additional stress to the battery. The car was not driven and no charge was applied to the battery at any time during the two-week test period. Although there was obviously a slow downward trend, the voltage reserve was incredibly steady. After two weeks, the battery voltage only dropped from an initial reading of 13.34V to a final reading of 13.26V. These readings were almost identical to another RS-30 lithium battery user on one of the Porsche forums that tested his car for four weeks, and recorded a similar voltage drop from 13.30V to 13.13V. At the completion of the test, I left the car unlocked all night and checked the voltage one more time the next morning. I was surprised to discover that the voltage actually recovered slightly to 13.29V. Looking at the simple regression equation from my two-week test, Volts = 13.308 - 0.0039(Days), it appears that after two months, the RS-30 would still retain more than 13.0V, which is truly amazing.
Thanks man. Your input is much appreciated. Welcome to the board. That was great insight. Looks like the battery did great as part of your testing. Now, I have to figure out if the numbers could work for me. For the US customers, the 15% is a great deal. The duty and conversion rate from USD to CAD is really the killer for me. It makes it almost three times more expensive than how much the dealership is charging. Hmmmm....decisions

Here is a recent picture of it sleeping in its stall. Wish I had an outlet available, but our stalls don't have them underground.

Old 12-02-20, 10:17 AM
BretTravis
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep in mind our RCFs have reversed terminals, the R follow the battery type designation.
Old 12-02-20, 10:19 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Originally Posted by BretTravis
Keep in mind our RCFs have reversed terminals, the R follow the battery type designation.
Chad told me the battery we receive once we purchase, will be purpose-built for our cars including size as well as the terminal orientation. He said, it is a direct plug-n-play.