RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

New 2017 RC-F owner checking in

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-20, 10:36 AM
Ghostsnake
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New 2017 RC-F owner checking in

Grey interior, carbon roof and wing, tvd.

Love this car and hope to learn alot from you guys. I don't think I will change a thing except maybe the exhaust to hear the beautiful engine roar. I came from an Evo X to S2000 to c6 corvette grand sport to finally this RCF. Too bad i can't track this bad boy. Will probably have to look into a miata or something.
The following 5 users liked this post by Ghostsnake:
05RollaXRS (12-18-20), 1wacko (12-18-20), AlexAviles (12-24-20), br116 (12-23-20), Dribble (12-18-20)
Old 12-18-20, 10:45 AM
airlaird
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Nice angle..welcome!
Old 12-18-20, 10:55 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Congratulations - Great looking RCF. The base wheels are my favorite wheel. Welcome to the forum, lot's of GREAT information here and lot's of GREAT folks to share it with.

Lou
Old 12-18-20, 10:56 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Welcome! Great picture. Looks incredible. Any mods you are planning on it?
Old 12-18-20, 11:04 AM
Ghostsnake
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Welcome! Great picture. Looks incredible. Any mods you are planning on it?
I'm thinking a cat back Invidia exhaust and that's it. The car is very quiet.

My friends are going to try to pressure me to tracking this car lol. If I cave, I will probably have to change brake pads and brake fluid. Can this car survive 20 min session track days without overheating?
Old 12-18-20, 11:13 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ghostsnake
I'm thinking a cat back Invidia exhaust and that's it. The car is very quiet.

My friends are going to try to pressure me to tracking this car lol. If I cave, I will probably have to change brake pads and brake fluid. Can this car survive 20 min session track days without overheating?
I have had Invidia for 4+ years and absolutely love it. No complaints. Depends on what you are looking for. It won't be those very loud, muscular V8 sound. It is more melodic, smooth and higher-pitch softer sound. Yes, it is louder than stock by about 20%, but definitely not the bass-heavy noise. I personally got this exactly for that reason since I believe it suits the character of the RCF a lot with sophistication to the noise. Also, the piping is one of the biggest at 2.75 inches so that means much faster exhaust velocity at high rpms. Still, you can remove or replace high-flow resonator to get more volume. I personally never felt the need for it.

Depending on how much pad the previous owner used, yes the stock Brembo pad/rotors 6 piiston front and 4 piston back were designed for consistent track use without overheating. There is also good cooling for brakes so you can get a few sessions out of them and then you might have to replace them.

Since you have the 2017, you have the AVS so sport+ mode is the one to use and manual mode gives the fastest shifts with torque converter locked in. Also, I use TVD in slalom on streets as it gives the best "nose pointing" authority at slower speeds while track mode would be best for high energy/speed turning on a track setting.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 12-18-20 at 11:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Ghostsnake (12-18-20)
Old 12-18-20, 11:27 AM
Ghostsnake
Driver School Candidate

I have had Invidia for 4+ years and absolutely love it. No complaints. Depends on what you are looking for. It won't be those very loud, muscular V8 sound. It is more melodic, smooth and higher-pitch softer sound. Yes, it is louder than stock by about 20%, but definitely not the bass-heavy noise. I personally got this exactly for that reason since I believe it suits the character of the RCF a lot with sophistication to the noise. Also, the piping is one of the biggest at 2.75 inches so that means much faster exhaust velocity at high rpms. Still, you can remove or replace high-flow resonator to get more volume. I personally never felt the need for it.

Depending on how much pad the previous owner used, yes the stock Brembo pad/rotors 6 piiston front and 4 piston back were designed for consistent track use without overheating. There is also good cooling for brakes so you can get a few sessions out of them and then you might have to replace them.

Since you have the 2017, you have the AVS so sport+ mode is the one to use and manual mode gives the fastest shifts with torque converter locked in. Also, I use TVD in slalom on streets as it gives the best "nose pointing" authority at slower speeds while track mode would be best for high energy/speed turning on a track setting.
thanks for the info
Old 12-18-20, 11:37 AM
Aversed
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I am so jealous! Great choice in spec and color.

I swear, trying to find a 2017+ RCF with the performance package + navigation + ML + premium is INSANELY hard.

It's hard enough to find out with everything other than the performance package, but with it, it's like finding a unicorn of a unicorn.

And in white or USB 2.0! I've been looking for one for like half a year now, and I cannot for the life of me find the perfect one.
Old 12-18-20, 11:52 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Aversed

I swear, trying to find a 2017+ RCF with the performance package + navigation + ML + premium is INSANELY hard.

It's hard enough to find out with everything other than the performance package, but with it, it's like finding a unicorn of a unicorn.

And in white or USB 2.0! I've been looking for one for like half a year now, and I cannot for the life of me find the perfect one.
Yeah, I went through the same thing. I was also very specific about the mileage, options, color, wheels etc. and I live in a small market where RCFs are very rare to begin with. Took me about 10 months to find one where everything was right (but, paid significantly more than what I was planning to and it was totally worth it). You just have to keep waiting till the right one shows up. TX is a big market so I am sure you might see one you like in the next few months.
Old 12-18-20, 12:20 PM
Ghostsnake
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I went through the same thing. I was also very specific about the mileage, options, color, wheels etc. and I live in a small market where RCFs are very rare to begin with. Took me about 10 months to find one where everything was right (but, paid significantly more than what I was planning to and it was totally worth it). You just have to keep waiting till the right one shows up. TX is a big market so I am sure you might see one you like in the next few months.
Originally Posted by Aversed

Wow i guess i have to consider myself very lucky to stumble across this gem. I came across very few performance package rc-fs. And then finding my perfect color combo also had me texting the dealer on the spot...lol
Old 12-18-20, 07:47 PM
2017RCFGuy
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2017 same color, red interior including all the goodies. Put the Apexi resonates mid pipe on and it's amazing. The car is slightly quieter inside, no drone but when you get on it the sound is awesome. It has the H design so I find there is more torque in the lower end where the car needs a little help. Top end feels the same.
Old 12-18-20, 09:34 PM
someucsdki
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang it, you bought the one I was going to look at tomorrow . Its a nice spec, but was way overpriced for a while until earlier this week.

Did you get a chance to look at the other black on black one that dealer just got in?

Last edited by someucsdki; 12-18-20 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-18-20, 09:50 PM
2017RCFGuy
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had it close to 3 years. Bought it with 8,500 km on it and saved about $25,000 off of list price.
Old 12-18-20, 10:13 PM
Ghostsnake
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by someucsdki
Dang it, you bought the one I was going to look at tomorrow . Its a nice spec, but was way overpriced for a while until earlier this week.

Did you get a chance to look at the other black on black one that dealer just got in?
Doh! My bad! I saw the price drop on cargurus and texted them right away, lol.

I did not look at the black one. I specifically did not want black or a black interior. Good luck in your search.

Last edited by Ghostsnake; 12-18-20 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-20-20, 08:41 AM
SUNNYRCF
Pit Crew

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

"Can this car survive 20 min session track days without overheating?"
Not sure why you would think this car couldn't handle 20 minute track sessions. It might not be the fastest thing around the track, but it's a car you can drive to the track and be confident you can drive it home (unless you crash).

Quick Reply: New 2017 RC-F owner checking in