RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F to 911

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-20, 06:07 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
I would get the 911. You only live once. Plus those new 911's are sweet cars.

I also would love a 911, but I am not sure it would be any better for me in terms of what I use my car for. The RCF is perfect for my lifestyle. Plus my RCF has been reliable and trouble free. I have really bonded with it.
Therein lies my problem - I love my F, and it still makes me smile every time I fire her up. Like you, I'm not sure the Porsche will do that much more for me. However, like women, they don't have to be better, just different!
Old 12-31-20, 06:48 AM
SC430inVA
Pit Crew

Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyJames
Therein lies my problem - I love my F, and it still makes me smile every time I fire her up. Like you, I'm not sure the Porsche will do that much more for me. However, like women, they don't have to be better, just different!
I will almost guarantee that you will love the 911 more (except for the money difference). Both are great DD's, both are reliable, both are fun to drive, but the 911 will take driving to a whole new level..even on city streets and especially on the backroads. and if you want to do HPDE's, there is no comparison.

The following users liked this post:
rblover69 (07-31-23)
Old 12-31-20, 06:58 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SC430inVA
I will almost guarantee that you will love the 911 more (except for the money difference). Both are great DD's, both are reliable, both are fun to drive, but the 911 will take driving to a whole new level..even on city streets and especially on the backroads. and if you want to do HPDE's, there is no comparison.
Welp, that may seal the deal for me! I've gone to a few Porsche meetups and the community is generally fantastic as well.
Old 12-31-20, 07:50 PM
Ismelllike
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

The feel between the two is completely different. My Carrera T is pretty loud and relatively firm. Fun, much more sporty, but my wife thinks its manual can be a bit of a chore to drive. My RCF feels a lot heavier, the description of a Japanese muscle car I feel is appropriate though some or many will disagree on here. My T has sound deadening removed too so it can get pretty loud after awhile.
Old 01-01-21, 07:59 AM
winterturb
Lead Lap

Received 169 Likes on 100 Posts

the Porsche DOES do that for a lot of people which is why it is so popular and has such a long manufacturing run. It’s an iconic car a special car and excellent car. You will enjoy driving it. If the ISF didn’t exist you wouldn’t be having this conversation as you would have all ready bought and be driving a 911. They are great cars. It’s not like your going to a Hyundai Pony.

you’ll miss your ISF but you won’t not enjoy the 911

just do it. When you get nearer the end of your life you won’t be wondering if I should have or could have or would have. There is something satisfying about being happy with your daily driver Mine is a Tundra now. Have had many man fancy SUV’s and fine cars. Much more than most and I’m very content driving what I drive and have no need to change. That’s mainly because I know and don’t wonder what if I was driving something else. There is a peace of mind you get from trying things for yourself.

the only daily driver I’d prefer is a 911 turbo raised 6 inches and widened 4 inches with serious off road rally suspension but I don’t want to pay the price of entry and the cost to stay.

( we have winter 6 months of the year)

Happy New Year!

Last edited by winterturb; 01-01-21 at 08:05 AM.
DadzIS (05-27-24)
Old 11-03-21, 02:24 PM
sensai
Advanced

Received 662 Likes on 230 Posts

Welp, that may seal the deal for me! I've gone to a few Porsche meetups and the community is generally fantastic as well.
what did you end up deciding? if you picked up a 911 any thoughts to share?

Last edited by sensai; 11-03-21 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-12-22, 06:37 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sensai
what did you end up deciding? if you picked up a 911 any thoughts to share?
I bought a new 911 GTS. I plan on posting pics and doing a writeup here once the break-in period ends. I only have about 300 miles on it. Maybe the best way to describe the 911 thus far is extremely "focused."
The following 2 users liked this post by CodyJames:
rp2000r (07-12-22), SC430inVA (07-12-22)
Old 07-12-22, 06:39 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

In the meantime...

The following 6 users liked this post by CodyJames:
ALargeTom (07-12-22), BS ISF (07-12-22), initiald2k (07-12-22), JT2MA71 (07-13-22), nigel821 (07-13-22), SUNNYRCF (07-12-22) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-12-22, 07:32 AM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Its been my experience that once you start asking other folks about a decision, you already have decided and just want confirmation that you aren't too crazy.

A homeless person is panhandling a neighborhood and asks a lady for a handout at her back door. The lady doesn't believe in free giveaways, so asks the guy to paint her porch. She tells him that the paint is in the garage. A couple hours later the homeless guy knocks on the back door and says he's done and "by the way, that's a BMW, not a porche."

The following 2 users liked this post by SailorTPD:
ALargeTom (07-12-22), Vitveet (07-15-22)
Old 07-12-22, 08:01 AM
SC430inVA
Pit Crew

Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Awesome Buy

I bought a new 911 GTS. I plan on posting pics and doing a writeup here once the break-in period ends. I only have about 300 miles on it. Maybe the best way to describe the 911 thus far is extremely "focused."
IMO, the GTS is the sweet spot in the 911 lineup. You will love it.
The following 2 users liked this post by SC430inVA:
CodyJames (07-12-22), rp2000r (07-12-22)
Old 07-12-22, 08:04 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,969 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Originally Posted by SailorTPD

A homeless person is panhandling a neighborhood and asks a lady for a handout at her back door. The lady doesn't believe in free giveaways, so asks the guy to paint her porch. She tells him that the paint is in the garage. A couple hours later the homeless guy knocks on the back door and says he's done and "by the way, that's a BMW, not a porche."
I saw this joke in a movie and it's not a homeless person it's an Irishman.
Old 07-12-22, 08:54 AM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

First time I heard the joke it was a hobo, but not too many people even know what a hobo is anymore.
Old 07-12-22, 09:10 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SailorTPD
Its been my experience that once you start asking other folks about a decision, you already have decided and just want confirmation that you aren't too crazy.

Interesting observation and analogy. At the time, I was truly undecided, as evidenced by the time between my original post and when I posted today. Quite frankly, if I had the garage space and the time (I have neither), I'd keep both the F and the 911.
Old 07-12-22, 02:16 PM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

It is like flipping a coin to decide something. You say heads I'll do X and tails I'll do Y. Most people will flip and if it doesn't come up what they "want" they'll say to themselves, "best two out of three". If it still isn't what they want, "best 3 of 5". If it STILL comes up "wrong", most will say, that deity doesn't think this is a good idea. Folks are funny--it is said that humans are the only rational animal...I think it is more accurate to say that humans are the only rationalizing animal.
ALargeTom (07-12-22)
Old 07-12-22, 09:48 PM
RandallNYC
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

I didn’t know the 911 was as reliable as a RC-F? That’s hard for me to believe after my experience with a Macan S and my mechanic’s Panamera Turbo S.

Quick Reply: RC-F to 911