RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Used RC F

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-21, 10:26 AM
dingyibvs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Congrats! Are you going to keep the wrap or you are going to go back to white? The wheels also have been painted to give it the anniversary edition look.

p.s. when you are driving it. skip all of the modes and put it in sport+/manual (especially with your car having AVS) and TVD in slalom mode. It is the goldilocks setting in the RCF.
Thanks man! I'm gonna keep the wrap for now, since NGP is actually my fav color for the car (white is second, really like silver too but already have a silver RX) and it'll protect the White paint underneath.

I test drove an UW with those settings, and it drove like a friggin dream, just need to get a radar detector first haha.
Old 03-20-21, 10:36 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Originally Posted by dingyibvs
Thanks man! I'm gonna keep the wrap for now, since NGP is actually my fav color for the car (white is second, really like silver too but already have a silver RX) and it'll protect the White paint underneath.

I test drove an UW with those settings, and it drove like a friggin dream, just need to get a radar detector first haha.
Great to hear. If you are going to mod it, it is only going to get much better. Every time I research and put a mod on, I always go "that is how it should have been from the factory" LOL
Old 03-21-21, 09:45 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

I just bought a 2017 RC F! I bought it from a Texas dealership, shipped to my friend's place yesterday (I'm on a road trip with my wife right now), can't wait to drive it It's an UW with red interior, loaded except for the cold weather package, and currently wrapped in a matte-ish gray wrap. I'm the 3rd owner, and the 2nd owner bought it was a Lexus CPO about a year ago so I think the wrap is pretty new, and also looks pretty good so I'll leave it for now. I'm gonna use it as my DD, and my work only has outdoor parking in 100F heat so I'll need to put a PPF on the CF roof and the wrap probably won't last long.

It was listed at $49k with 24k miles and I thought that was a pretty good price so I didn't try to negotiate it down further. Clean Carfax, and I had an inspection done remotely via Lemonsquad. The inspector seemed pretty thorough, noted the recently replaced shocks which I already knew by looking through the Lexus service records. Dealer put on new rear tires.

I wasn't too picky with the color, just didn't want black since it hides the lines and curves except under certain lighting conditions. I was eyeing a red 2018 for $54K as well for similar mileage, but didn't think the updated Nav/screen was worth it since it still doesn't have AA/CP which is what I'd really want from the Nav.

Congrats man! Car looks great! What site did you use to find it? I’m still searching. I cannot find a performance package one 😞.
Old 03-21-21, 11:15 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 3ISRC
Congrats man! Car looks great! What site did you use to find it? I’m still searching. I cannot find a performance package one 😞.
Yeah, carbon/TVD package ones are far more rare (RCF is rare to begin with). I would say, don't rush and patiently find the one that really checks all of the boxes for you. Better get the right one. It took me 10 months to find the one that made me want to jump on the purchase. I live in a smaller region where there are very few RCFs and far less carbon/TVD, but luckily it all worked out for me.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-21-21 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-21-21, 01:32 PM
dingyibvs
Pit Crew

I was using autotrader, found this one in Texas, contacted them before the pics were posted so they never bothered posting pics on autotrader or their website. It's hard to find a performance package one so I looked nationwide. I live in Cali, and everything was done remotely. Turns out that's becoming a lot more common in the pandemic so the dealership knew what to do and things went pretty smoothly. I'd been looking in earnest for like 8 months, so even looking nationwide it takes a while!
The following users liked this post:
3ISRC (03-22-21)
Old 03-21-21, 02:40 PM
dingyibvs
Pit Crew

Since this is my first full day with the car, I was taking a look around and found a toggle switch that's not stock. Then I remembered last night while I was driving it home from my friend's place it sounded louder than I remembered from the test drive, so I took a look in the back. What do you know, Meisterschaft tips! Must have the GT Haus exhaust, can't figure out if it's the stainless or titanium though.

When I saw pics of the engine bay everything looked stock, and the exhaust tips are silver so I figured everything was stock. What a pleasant surprise! The toggle works fine too, which I'm sure my neighbors will appreciate lol.
Yri (03-21-21)
Old 03-21-21, 04:07 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Since this is my first full day with the car, I was taking a look around and found a toggle switch that's not stock. Then I remembered last night while I was driving it home from my friend's place it sounded louder than I remembered from the test drive, so I took a look in the back. What do you know, Meisterschaft tips! Must have the GT Haus exhaust, can't figure out if it's the stainless or titanium though.

When I saw pics of the engine bay everything looked stock, and the exhaust tips are silver so I figured everything was stock. What a pleasant surprise! The toggle works fine too, which I'm sure my neighbors will appreciate lol.
That is a surprise. I believe, if it is a full catback version then it is $4000+ brand new. The switch is for the valvetronic flaps on the exhaust. If the tips don't have burnt blue color then it is most likely stainless. You can open an close it to make it louder or quieter.

p.s. Now that I looked closely in your pictures, the tips are definitely from the 2017 RCF.
Old 03-21-21, 06:07 PM
dingyibvs
Pit Crew

That is a surprise. I believe, if it is a full catback version then it is $4000+ brand new. The switch is for the valvetronic flaps on the exhaust. If the tips don't have burnt blue color then it is most likely stainless. You can open an close it to make it louder or quieter.

p.s. Now that I looked closely in your pictures, the tips are definitely from the 2017 RCF.
You know, I was zooming in on those same exact pics before I bought it to check if things are stock (with the wrap suspicion for mods were high, I'm obv OK with mods but just wanted to know), and I was pretty sure they were. But this really is what I see today.

Old 04-18-21, 09:33 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

I finally found one I like. It’s 2017 ultra white | circuit red performance package and premium package and only 11k miles. I’m just waiting for the paper work to get here tomorrow to sign the deal. I’m shipping the car from TX to Phoenix. I originally wanted a 2018 but I figured it will be tough to find one even next year. Sure the bigger screen would have been nice but finding out CarPlay wasn’t available until 2019, made it easier to pass on it. The car is bone stock which is what I wanted. I enjoy modding and wanted to start from scratch. I will post pics once the car is here.
Old 04-18-21, 09:56 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I finally found one I like. It’s 2017 ultra white | circuit red performance package and premium package and only 11k miles. I’m just waiting for the paper work to get here tomorrow to sign the deal. I’m shipping the car from TX to Phoenix. I originally wanted a 2018 but I figured it will be tough to find one even next year. Sure the bigger screen would have been nice but finding out CarPlay wasn’t available until 2019, made it easier to pass on it. The car is bone stock which is what I wanted. I enjoy modding and wanted to start from scratch. I will post pics once the car is here.
Great find. Definitely, seems to check all of the boxes and the 11K miles is icing on the cake. You can put the bigger screen in yourself as there are videos on youtube how to do it.
3ISRC (04-18-21)
Old 04-18-21, 10:04 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Great find. Definitely, seems to check all of the boxes and the 11K miles is icing on the cake. You can put the bigger screen in yourself as there are videos on youtube how to do it.
I got lucky as soon as they posted it I was able to contact them the next day from autotrader. It didn’t even have any pics yet or go through their inspection. They also listed it way lower than what’s out there listed in the market right now and even able to negotiate 1k off their listed price. I see you have the invidia and afe intake how are you liking it? I’m leaning on doing the same based on my previous experience from both company and also not wanting an exhaust that’s not too loud.
Old 04-18-21, 10:28 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I’m leaning on doing the same based on my previous experience from both company and also not wanting an exhaust that’s not too loud.
Really love them. Highly recommended. Have had the Invidia for 2 years now. It suits my taste well. It is louder than stock, but not too loud. There is the unmistakeable V8 rumble at low revs, but it turns to a high-pitched melodic noise at high revs. Initially, I thought I might do a resonator delete on it, but I dropped the idea because it really strikes a great balance. Also, you notice the power gains quite significantly especially over 4000 rpm to redline. Car pulls to redline more aggressively. Another thing I really like is, it does not sound like a muscle car. The LC500 OEM exhaust has that "fat" muscle car like noise while this is more higher pitched and more smooth/melodious. That is why, I actually like my Invidia noise more than the much praised LC500 OEM exhaust.

The cold air intake is good as well. Definitely, more snarl from the intake and some decent midrange gain with the stage 2 intake as well. At high rpms, the intake sounds similar to stock except maybe a bit louder. One thing I noticed is, since I did the AFE SprintBooster, I hear the snarl more mostly because of how I drive. I downshift less because it feels more torquey because the weight of the car in initial acceleration moves quicker and get more of a snarl in the process.

Here is a video I recent made of my intake/exhaust. Not quite to the redline, but still gives you an idea of how it sounds at high rpms

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-18-21 at 10:33 PM.
3ISRC (04-18-21)
Old 04-18-21, 11:28 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Really love them. Highly recommended. Have had the Invidia for 2 years now. It suits my taste well. It is louder than stock, but not too loud. There is the unmistakeable V8 rumble at low revs, but it turns to a high-pitched melodic noise at high revs. Initially, I thought I might do a resonator delete on it, but I dropped the idea because it really strikes a great balance. Also, you notice the power gains quite significantly especially over 4000 rpm to redline. Car pulls to redline more aggressively. Another thing I really like is, it does not sound like a muscle car. The LC500 OEM exhaust has that "fat" muscle car like noise while this is more higher pitched and more smooth/melodious. That is why, I actually like my Invidia noise more than the much praised LC500 OEM exhaust.

The cold air intake is good as well. Definitely, more snarl from the intake and some decent midrange gain with the stage 2 intake as well. At high rpms, the intake sounds similar to stock except maybe a bit louder. One thing I noticed is, since I did the AFE SprintBooster, I hear the snarl more mostly because of how I drive. I downshift less because it feels more torquey because the weight of the car in initial acceleration moves quicker and get more of a snarl in the process.

Here is a video I recent made of my intake/exhaust. Not quite to the redline, but still gives you an idea of how it sounds at high rpms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U1-06KuQYA

I love the sound of that. Thanks for your feedback.
Old 04-19-21, 01:15 AM
dingyibvs
Pit Crew

I got lucky as soon as they posted it I was able to contact them the next day from autotrader. It didn’t even have any pics yet or go through their inspection. They also listed it way lower than what’s out there listed in the market right now and even able to negotiate 1k off their listed price. I see you have the invidia and afe intake how are you liking it? I’m leaning on doing the same based on my previous experience from both company and also not wanting an exhaust that’s not too loud.
That's the way to do it! Works well IMO when it's not a Lexus dealership so they don't know exactly what it goes for. Just make sure you cross your t's and dot your i's. If I were living in Phoenix though I'd probably just go to Texas to pick it up and drive home with my new ride BTW, I used Lemonsquad to do my PPI, and they did a really good job. YMMV though since it's probably pretty heavily dependent on the technician.

2017 IMO hits the sweet spot because the AVS makes a big difference. The bigger screen in the 2018 is kinda meh, it's already outdated and it'll look even more so with all the new tech coming out like bigger screens (check out the new Mercedes EQS interior, the whole dash is screen!), 3D display, and soon curved screens, augmented reality, etc. There's no use chasing tech IMO if you plan on keeping the car, tech just move too fast these days.

I'm on a weekend trip right now from the Bay area to Mendocino, some nice fun roads along the way. Unfortunately my wife is getting car sick from my spirited driving, even when I keep it in Sport S mode (Sport S+ stiffens up the suspension a lot) and avoid 1st and 2nd gear! I guess I'll have to take it easy on the way back

Last edited by dingyibvs; 04-19-21 at 01:33 AM.
3ISRC (04-19-21)
Old 04-19-21, 02:05 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

That's the way to do it! Works well IMO when it's not a Lexus dealership so they don't know exactly what it goes for. Just make sure you cross your t's and dot your i's. If I were living in Phoenix though I'd probably just go to Texas to pick it up and drive home with my new ride BTW, I used Lemonsquad to do my PPI, and they did a really good job. YMMV though since it's probably pretty heavily dependent on the technician.

2017 IMO hits the sweet spot because the AVS makes a big difference. The bigger screen in the 2018 is kinda meh, it's already outdated and it'll look even more so with all the new tech coming out like bigger screens (check out the new Mercedes EQS interior, the whole dash is screen!), 3D display, and soon curved screens, augmented reality, etc. There's no use chasing tech IMO if you plan on keeping the car, tech just move too fast these days.

I'm on a weekend trip right now from the Bay area to Mendocino, some nice fun roads along the way. Unfortunately my wife is getting car sick from my spirited driving, even when I keep it in Sport S mode (Sport S+ stiffens up the suspension a lot) and avoid 1st and 2nd gear! I guess I'll have to take it easy on the way back
Ah yes I didn’t mention the AVS. It was also a big factor in making a decision to at lease get 2017 rc F. My wife gets car sick way too easy, that AVS will come in handy lol. Although she mostly never like to ride my weekend fun car, she rather drive her RX, it will at lease make her comfortable when I do take car out with her.

Quick Reply: Used RC F