RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Used RC F

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-21, 03:43 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Originally Posted by 3ISRC
Ah yes I didn’t mention the AVS. It was also a big factor in making a decision to at lease get 2017 rc F. My wife gets car sick way too easy, that AVS will come in handy lol. Although she mostly never like to ride my weekend fun car, she rather drive her RX, it will at lease make her comfortable when I do take car out with her.
I have the non-AVS damping and over anything less than smooth roads, the chassis/suspension firmness (I also have more aggressive PS4S tire setup) can be felt. It is not harsh at all and remains as solid as a brick even over bumpy roads, but you can feel it quite a bit. Most of the roads are smooth around here and I drive it only occasionally.

For AVS, I believe it is softer in ECO and NORMAL mode with AVS while it stiffens up in SPORT and then stiffest in SPORT+. I have read, even in SPORT+ it could change the damping forces depending on the driving conditions. It has something like 30-way adjustment for compression/rebound from what I remember in the press release. Though, SPORT+ also has other benefits like throttle response, brake response and steering tightness/heaviness, which is why it has become my default mode. TVD in slalom mode, from my experience is the best mode for city driving as it makes the nose turn in faster.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-19-21 at 04:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
3ISRC (04-19-21)
Old 04-19-21, 06:04 AM
Ab175
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

In my experience, changing to sport does not do anything for suspension stiffness. Only sport plus stiffens the ride noticeably.
Old 04-19-21, 09:13 AM
dingyibvs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Ah yes I didn’t mention the AVS. It was also a big factor in making a decision to at lease get 2017 rc F. My wife gets car sick way too easy, that AVS will come in handy lol. Although she mostly never like to ride my weekend fun car, she rather drive her RX, it will at lease make her comfortable when I do take car out with her.
My wife drives an RX as well, but she prefers not to drive when we're out together so I'm stuck with driving slow

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I have the non-AVS damping and over anything less than smooth roads, the chassis/suspension firmness (I also have more aggressive PS4S tire setup) can be felt. It is not harsh at all and remains as solid as a brick even over bumpy roads, but you can feel it quite a bit. Most of the roads are smooth around here and I drive it only occasionally.

For AVS, I believe it is softer in ECO and NORMAL mode with AVS while it stiffens up in SPORT and then stiffest in SPORT+. I have read, even in SPORT+ it could change the damping forces depending on the driving conditions. It has something like 30-way adjustment for compression/rebound from what I remember in the press release. Though, SPORT+ also has other benefits like throttle response, brake response and steering tightness/heaviness, which is why it has become my default mode. TVD in slalom mode, from my experience is the best mode for city driving as it makes the nose turn in faster.
The RC F is my DD, so I do use Normal (ECO is too sluggish) mode usually on my commute. Too much traffic usually to make use of Sport+ at rush hour. I agree it's actually not too harsh in Sport+, feels similar to a '15 I drove before in that mode.

Originally Posted by Ab175
In my experience, changing to sport does not do anything for suspension stiffness. Only sport plus stiffens the ride noticeably.
That's my experience as well. I can't really tell any difference in suspension in Sport, only Sport+. Sport is actually not a very sporty setting, holds a lower gear slightly longer in automatic mode, throttle response and steering a bit quicker. Most noticeable to me in Sport is quicker shifts in manual. It really becomes a different animal in Sport+.
Old 04-19-21, 09:23 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by dingyibvs
My wife drives an RX as well, but she prefers not to drive when we're out together so I'm stuck with driving slow

The RC F is my DD, so I do use Normal (ECO is too sluggish) mode usually on my commute. Too much traffic usually to make use of Sport+ at rush hour. I agree it's actually not too harsh in Sport+, feels similar to a '15 I drove before in that mode.

That's my experience as well. I can't really tell any difference in suspension in Sport, only Sport+. Sport is actually not a very sporty setting, holds a lower gear slightly longer in automatic mode, throttle response and steering a bit quicker. Most noticeable to me in Sport is quicker shifts in manual. It really becomes a different animal in Sport+.
Sounds like my wife, I always have to drive unless I had some drinks lol. I actually don’t mind driving the RX, yes it’s slow but very comfortable and has enough power to get around. My work is about 35 miles one way and I plan on not driving my rcF daily. I got a Toyota celica gts for that lol. I just love driving a manual and trying to keep this car alive as much as I can.
Old 04-19-21, 09:44 AM
dingyibvs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Sounds like my wife, I always have to drive unless I had some drinks lol. I actually don’t mind driving the RX, yes it’s slow but very comfortable and has enough power to get around. My work is about 35 miles one way and I plan on not driving my rcF daily. I got a Toyota celica gts for that lol. I just love driving a manual and trying to keep this car alive as much as I can.
The RX is comfy for sure, whenever I get back into the RX I'm like damn, it's like riding on pillows lol. My work is only 7 miles one way, and if we keep 3 cars we won't have enough curb space to place to garbage bins without parking on the other side of the street. A minor inconvenience, I know, but my old Camry has taken some serious abuse from my younger years and isn't doing so hot, so I do need to part with it sooner rather than later.
3ISRC (04-19-21)
Old 04-19-21, 09:54 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dingyibvs
The RX is comfy for sure, whenever I get back into the RX I'm like damn, it's like riding on pillows lol. My work is only 7 miles one way, and if we keep 3 cars we won't have enough curb space to place to garbage bins without parking on the other side of the street. A minor inconvenience, I know, but my old Camry has taken some serious abuse from my younger years and isn't doing so hot, so I do need to part with it sooner rather than later.

If my commute was less than 10miles to work, I would daily it as well lol.
Old 04-24-21, 07:12 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

She’s finally home!!! Man she is a blast to drive on sport+ And slalom. Thank you for those that encourage me to get performance package!
The following 2 users liked this post by 3ISRC:
05RollaXRS (04-24-21), dingyibvs (04-24-21)
Old 04-24-21, 07:14 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats. Looks great. Glad you are enjoying it. Sport+/manual and slalom mode is the magic combination, for sure. Good thing is, if you at any point get the urge to mod it, it gets much better with a few good mods. Cheers!

She’s finally home!!! Man she is a blast to drive on sport+ And slalom. Thank you for those that encourage me to get performance package!
3ISRC (04-24-21)
Old 04-24-21, 07:29 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Congrats. Looks great. Glad you are enjoying it. Sport+/manual and slalom mode is the magic combination, for sure. Good thing is, if you at any point get the urge to mod it, it gets much better with a few good mods. Cheers!
Exhaust! I need more sound lol.
Old 04-24-21, 07:35 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Exhaust! I need more sound lol.
That is exactly the first mod to do. It will also gain some decent HP as well
Old 04-24-21, 07:36 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

That is exactly the first mod to do. It will also gain some decent HP as well
This is one fine Lexus machine I tell you. I’m excited to finally own one. Time to find that invidia exhaust rolla!
Old 04-24-21, 08:18 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

This is one fine Lexus machine I tell you. I’m excited to finally own one. Time to find that invidia exhaust rolla!
Definitely, get it. You won't be disappointed as it makes even puttering around town at low revs more fun with slight window down. You will feel more torque/power in the rev range.
3ISRC (04-24-21)
Old 04-25-21, 01:42 PM
ALargeTom
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

May I know those numbers refer to North America market or global market or US market?

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
They built less every year since 2015.

I feel if you find one in great condition that meets your needs the year is less important.

These are the build numbers year to year.
Old 04-25-21, 01:55 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 345 Likes on 227 Posts

My understanding is that is US sales only. There is a thread that relates to build order and over all production here. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...our-build.html
Old 04-25-21, 02:19 PM
ALargeTom
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
My understanding is that is US sales only. There is a thread that relates to build order and over all production here. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...our-build.html

thanks for your info.