RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Used RC F

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-21, 10:41 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Used RC F

I recently sold my IS 350 FSport and in the market now for an ultra white with red interior RC F. I would most likely get used with low miles, under 20k miles. I’ve been wanting this car for a while and finally got around to it. I started looking to what’s available and I mostly see 2015-2017. I was looking at the features that the 2018 came with and I wonder if the bigger nav screen and safety features is worth the wait until more 2018s used are available. I’m not in a rush since I have other vehicles I can use in the mean time. Do you think it’s worth the wait until lease on 2018s are starting to come back to dealerships or If I come across a good 2017 should I get it over waiting for an 18’. When do you think 2018s would become kore available this year? TIA!
Old 03-08-21, 11:10 AM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 345 Likes on 227 Posts

They built less every year since 2015.

I feel if you find one in great condition that meets your needs the year is less important.

These are the build numbers year to year.
The following users liked this post:
vraa (03-08-21)
Old 03-08-21, 11:27 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Wow that explains the availability, it makes sense now. Thanks for your input.

Originally Posted by CAHWY128
They built less every year since 2015.

I feel if you find one in great condition that meets your needs the year is less important.

These are the build numbers year to year.
Old 03-11-21, 11:08 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Found a UW Exterior / Black Interior (really want red interior, but it's hard to find one atm) 2017 with 12k miles for $54k. Do you think this is a fair deal? I've yet to look at the car, but that low of miles I expect it should be in good condition.
Old 03-11-21, 12:12 PM
CK9887
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 3ISRC
Found a UW Exterior / Black Interior (really want red interior, but it's hard to find one atm) 2017 with 12k miles for $54k. Do you think this is a fair deal? I've yet to look at the car, but that low of miles I expect it should be in good condition.

Depends on what options it has... There was $15K-$20K in possible factory options when new.
3ISRC (03-11-21)
Old 03-11-21, 12:17 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CK9887
Depends on what options it has... There was $15K-$20K in possible factory options when new.
It seems loaded minus cf roof and spoiler. Unless I’m missing some other optional features available that year? Here is the list it has:

Pre-Collision System w/Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
Leather Trimmed Interior (Seats)
Premium Triple Beam LED Headlamps
Accessory Package
All Weather Package
Orange Brake Calipers
Premium Package
19" Hand Polished 20-Spoke Forged Alloy Wheels
Navigation System w/Mark Levinson Premium Audio
Moonroof
Old 03-11-21, 12:51 PM
Yri
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts

It seems loaded minus cf roof and spoiler. Unless I’m missing some other optional features available that year? Here is the list it has:

Pre-Collision System w/Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
Leather Trimmed Interior (Seats)
Premium Triple Beam LED Headlamps
Accessory Package
All Weather Package
Orange Brake Calipers
Premium Package
19" Hand Polished 20-Spoke Forged Alloy Wheels
Navigation System w/Mark Levinson Premium Audio
Moonroof
The pre collision system and all that comes standard with the car, the Mark Levinson and Navigation package alone makes that car a fairly decent offer.

The carbon fiber roof and spoiler come with the TVD in those years. That was known as the Performance Package. From what I remember, the Premium Package with the Performance Package added to it costed something like $15k more.
3ISRC (03-11-21)
Old 03-11-21, 01:38 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Yri
The pre collision system and all that comes standard with the car, the Mark Levinson and Navigation package alone makes that car a fairly decent offer.

The carbon fiber roof and spoiler come with the TVD in those years. That was known as the Performance Package. From what I remember, the Premium Package with the Performance Package added to it costed something like $15k more.
Thanks I reviewed the 2017 brochure to get more familiar what’s standard and optional. It does appear this car is loaded.
Yri (03-12-21)
Old 03-11-21, 01:41 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Carbon fiber/TVD is a great option to have, if you can find one in low mileage/good condition and in the price range you want.
3ISRC (03-11-21)
Old 03-11-21, 04:27 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Carbon fiber/TVD is a great option to have, if you can find one in low mileage/good condition and in the price range you want.
Those have been rare based on my search thus far. I wouldn’t mind having it but I live in AZ which is my only concern. In the past cars I’ve had, CF would always fade due to the extreme summer heat, despite parking in garage. But then again the RC F won’t be my DD, so it’s less likely to happen.
Old 03-11-21, 07:51 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Those have been rare based on my search thus far. I wouldn’t mind having it but I live in AZ which is my only concern. In the past cars I’ve had, CF would always fade due to the extreme summer heat, despite parking in garage. But then again the RC F won’t be my DD, so it’s less likely to happen.
As long as you keep it garaged and don't keep it parked for extended amount of time outdoors, you should be fine. Mine is kept in the garage and I only drive 2000 KM per spring and summer. Still looks as good as new. Only if you daily drive and park outside (say, in an office for the whole day), there would be concern.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05RollaXRS:
3ISRC (03-11-21), Yri (03-12-21)
Old 03-11-21, 10:11 PM
cvt
Racer

Received 545 Likes on 361 Posts

look into PPF for additional UV protection
Yri (03-12-21)
Old 03-11-21, 10:27 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cvt
look into PPF for additional UV protection
ah didn’t think of that. Good idea!
Old 03-20-21, 10:05 AM
dingyibvs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I just bought a 2017 RC F! I bought it from a Texas dealership, shipped to my friend's place yesterday (I'm on a road trip with my wife right now), can't wait to drive it It's an UW with red interior, loaded except for the cold weather package, and currently wrapped in a matte-ish gray wrap. I'm the 3rd owner, and the 2nd owner bought it was a Lexus CPO about a year ago so I think the wrap is pretty new, and also looks pretty good so I'll leave it for now. I'm gonna use it as my DD, and my work only has outdoor parking in 100F heat so I'll need to put a PPF on the CF roof and the wrap probably won't last long.

It was listed at $49k with 24k miles and I thought that was a pretty good price so I didn't try to negotiate it down further. Clean Carfax, and I had an inspection done remotely via Lemonsquad. The inspector seemed pretty thorough, noted the recently replaced shocks which I already knew by looking through the Lexus service records. Dealer put on new rear tires.

I wasn't too picky with the color, just didn't want black since it hides the lines and curves except under certain lighting conditions. I was eyeing a red 2018 for $54K as well for similar mileage, but didn't think the updated Nav/screen was worth it since it still doesn't have AA/CP which is what I'd really want from the Nav.

The following 3 users liked this post by dingyibvs:
05RollaXRS (03-20-21), 1wacko (03-21-21), CAHWY128 (03-20-21)
Old 03-20-21, 10:16 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats! Are you going to keep the wrap or you are going to go back to white? The wheels also have been painted to give it the anniversary edition look.

p.s. when you are driving it. skip all of the modes and put it in sport+/manual (especially with your car having AVS) and TVD in slalom mode. It is the goldilocks setting in the RCF.

Quick Reply: Used RC F