RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Used 2015 price and opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-21, 07:46 AM
angcd3
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyJames
Looks nice. For reference, I'm likely listing mine for $45k. 33k miles, ultra white/circuit red/carbon package, immaculate condition. Almost full car PPF, ceramic coated, PTS exhaust, PPE headers, RR Racing chip, hi-flow cats, carbon steering wheel, and few other aftermarket pieces.
Oh wow nice! wish you where closer Az is a bit far..lol
Old 03-26-21, 08:27 AM
RCFspeed
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Great car, hope you go for it! Same as mine - white with red interior, and also the same wheels, and yes - those are factory BBS wheels, not aftermarket. I think I am in the minority when I say that I love these wheels, even more so than the upgraded hand polished type. They have an elegant/sporty look and match the car style well. Don't know if you said so, but have you test drove it yet? If not, be prepared to bring your checkbook with you because the drive will sell you instantly.
Old 03-26-21, 08:34 AM
angcd3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RCFspeed
Great car, hope you go for it! Same as mine - white with red interior, and also the same wheels, and yes - those are factory BBS wheels, not aftermarket. I think I am in the minority when I say that I love these wheels, even more so than the upgraded hand polished type. They have an elegant/sporty look and match the car style well. Don't know if you said so, but have you test drove it yet? If not, be prepared to bring your checkbook with you because the drive will sell you instantly.
I have not yet I am waiting to hear back about the springs to see if they are aftermarket or not. If they are stock then Ill probably go tomorrow or Monday.
Old 03-26-21, 09:52 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by angcd3
Oh wow nice! wish you where closer Az is a bit far..lol
Road trip! Shipping in an enclosed trailer is actually pretty inexpensive these days. I'm on the fence on selling, but PM me if you'd like to know more about the car. Good luck on whatever you decide!
The following users liked this post:
angcd3 (03-26-21)
Old 03-26-21, 10:15 AM
angcd3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CodyJames
Road trip! Shipping in an enclosed trailer is actually pretty inexpensive these days. I'm on the fence on selling, but PM me if you'd like to know more about the car. Good luck on whatever you decide!

Will do and thanks! Agreed shipping a car is definitely a little pricey.
Old 03-30-21, 05:40 PM
SickAF
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If it’s USD then yeah. That’s a good price.
Old 03-30-21, 06:16 PM
angcd3
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately it sold first thing last Friday. I called to ask about the springs as soon as the dealership opened and some one was there putting a deposit on it. Guess that one wasn’t meant to be. The hunt continues. Thanks for everyone’s input!
Old 03-30-21, 07:14 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Originally Posted by angcd3
Unfortunately it sold first thing last Friday. I called to ask about the springs as soon as the dealership opened and some one was there putting a deposit on it. Guess that one wasn’t meant to be. The hunt continues. Thanks for everyone’s input!
I am sure you will find a better one. Definitely, it was on springs (while the exhaust, intake etc. were nice).It can take a while (took me 10 months to find the perfect one for me, but I am happy I did not rush).
angcd3 (03-30-21)
Old 03-30-21, 07:21 PM
angcd3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I am sure you will find a better one. Definitely, it was on springs (while the exhaust, intake etc. were nice).It can take a while (took me 10 months to find the perfect one for me, but I am happy I did not rush).
Same here. I’m not in any rush and when the right one comes along I’ll pull the trigger! Just have to do it quick!!!
Old 03-30-21, 07:34 PM
dingyibvs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Took me about the same amount of time! The one Cody is listing in this thread seems like a pretty good deal if the mods are what you're looking for. The one being listed in the classified section (the 2015 repainted matte nebula gray) is also quite a deal. I might have bought that one had I known it was still for sale. It was for sale last year around this time as well, but he added more mods later, so I thought he'd decided not to sell it anymore.

I'm very happy with the one I did buy though, and I did act pretty quickly. People looking for a RC F know the car and know what's a good deal. I contacted the dealership before the pictures were ever posted online, and sealed the deal before they were ever posted from 2 states away.
Old 03-31-21, 05:26 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I would go for this one. Carbon/TVD package and all of the tasteful mods.
Rolla, hey buddy haven't been on here in awhile & I respect your opinion as much as anybody else when it comes to the RCF but to me usually when a car has these kind of mods which would be great but they're usually put on there for a reason! Especially if you have a Racing Chip, just makes you wonder how much it's been dogged! jmo
05RollaXRS (03-31-21)
Old 03-31-21, 05:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Rolla, hey buddy haven't been on here in awhile & I respect your opinion as much as anybody else when it comes to the RCF but to me usually when a car has these kind of mods which would be great but they're usually put on there for a reason! Especially if you have a Racing Chip, just makes you wonder how much it's been dogged! jmo
Yeah. agreed. When I bought the RCF, I knew it was a great platform to start with, but I knew some things would have to be changed. I immediately knew I would need a full exhaust and much more aggressive tires on a rather small-ish 19 inch diameter etc. Still have more mods planned, but slowly but surely. I am enjoying the SprintBooster v3 a lot like you said. It makes the car feel like an absolute beast. You dash forward especially off the line so quickly and if it get too quick, simply lift of and the revs die and the car immediately losses all energy very quickly. Very direct in how it revs up and revs down. I was one of those skeptics who used to bash it, but I am a believer in it. Definitely switching it off and I can feel the difference in how much livelier the car becomes.
Old 03-31-21, 06:37 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

So is the SprintBooster v3 a chip to put on the RCF? Is it like the racing chip Cody put on his car? I still haven't put my car up for sale & it still only has 6k miles on it, so I mite think about putting a chip on it if it makes that much difference. I put the Apexi on it & that made a Big difference to me, no extra HP just a lil' boost in the SOTP feel
Old 03-31-21, 07:00 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

So is the SprintBooster v3 a chip to put on the RCF? Is it like the racing chip Cody put on his car? I still haven't put my car up for sale & it still only has 6k miles on it, so I mite think about putting a chip on it if it makes that much difference. I put the Apexi on it & that made a Big difference to me, no extra HP just a lil' boost in the SOTP feel
I have read you had an Apexi throttle controller. It is basically the same concept. Just a different brand. It is not an all-out tune like the RR racing tune or the delicious tune, but I am not looking to tune at this moment. Maybe, eventually I will as it does give you decent gains. I don't feel the need for more HP as it has more power than I could use (500+ HP and Octane 94 is more than enough), but I wanted to try it out and see how it works out. I am very happy with it. Even in race mode 4 or 5, it is too much. it gives it a very "torquey" feel since the first half of the throttle makes the car dash so fast from point A to B. It reduces overall reaction from the time you think to the time you are already there. Never tried race mode 9. Cheers.
Old 04-01-21, 07:00 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

In my case, the car has never been tracked, raced, or pushed hard. I'm fortunate enough to live close to PPE Engineering, which makes the best headers available for our Fs (in my opinion). Installing the RR Racing chip ensures the car runs optimally with the headers. With the exception of the exhaust (which was installed by the dealer), all work was done and tested by PPE. My F has lived a very, very easy life; heck, no one's ever even sat in the back seats. Some of us just enjoy modding.

Quick Reply: Used 2015 price and opinion