RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Used 2015 price and opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-21, 03:34 PM
angcd3
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Used 2015 price and opinion

Ok so I got their final offer of 43,900 out the door for a 2015 with 28,000 miles premium package and mark levinson nav package. It also has an apexi exhaust and intake and it’s already tinted all things I would do anyway. It’s a like a 2 hour 45 min drive so just wanted everyone’s opinion before I went to see it and If it’s worth it. Here are a few pics. Also he said for 1500 he’d through in a 24 month 24,000 miles warranty (powertrain only) so idk if that’s worth it for a Lexus I’m used to owning bmws and Mercedes so you know how that goes ..lol.

what do you guys think?

Old 03-25-21, 03:47 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Looks good overall. Well kept car. I am not a fan of those 10 spoke wheels, but that is just a subjective thing. Have you test driven it? Hard to tell, but it is on stock springs or lowered about 0.8 - 0.8 inch? Maybe, that is something to look into.
The following users liked this post:
Vitveet (03-26-21)
Old 03-25-21, 03:57 PM
angcd3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Looks good overall. Well kept car. I am not a fan of those 10 spoke wheels, but that is just a subjective thing. Have you test driven it? Hard to tell, but it is on stock springs or lowered about 0.8 - 0.8 inch? Maybe, that is something to look into.
I never would have noticed that and didn’t think to ask about the springs so your thinking it’s on aftermarket springs? Good eye my friend! No I haven’t driven it yet since it’s not super close and only just found it two days ago. Was just trying to decide if it was worth the trip and if the deal was decent enough. I don’t mind the rims they aren’t my favorite but not a deal breaker.
Old 03-25-21, 04:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by angcd3
I never would have noticed that and didn’t think to ask about the springs so your thinking it’s on aftermarket springs? Good eye my friend! No I haven’t driven it yet since it’s not super close and only just found it two days ago. Was just trying to decide if it was worth the trip and if the deal was decent enough. I don’t mind the rims they aren’t my favorite but not a deal breaker.
Definitely, something to check. Lowering springs tend to age the dampers faster so you might want to get clarification. It might be on stock springs, but it is difficult to tell in the pictures.

Mine here is on stock suspension. You can see the gap in the front seems to be a bit bigger, but it could be the angle of the picture, which is why I think it is good to check

Old 03-25-21, 04:53 PM
angcd3
Driver School Candidate

Definitely, something to check. Lowering springs tend to age the dampers faster so you might want to get clarification. It might be on stock springs, but it is difficult to tell in the pictures.

Mine here is on stock suspension. You can see the gap in the front seems to be a bit bigger, but it could be the angle of the picture, which is why I think it is good to check

Thanks I appreciate the info. Yeah yours does look a little higher. Awesome car by the way!
05RollaXRS (03-25-21)
Old 03-25-21, 05:46 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by angcd3
Thanks I appreciate the info. Yeah yours does look a little higher. Awesome car by the way!
Thanks man. Looks like a good deal and has an Apexi exhaust on it. Ask any other questions, if it can help you make the right decision for you.
angcd3 (03-25-21)
Old 03-25-21, 08:27 PM
cvt
Racer

Received 545 Likes on 361 Posts

It’s definitely lowered. When I bought mine it came with RSR springs. Got them replaced immediately with OEM and it handles so much better.
The following 2 users liked this post by cvt:
05RollaXRS (03-25-21), angcd3 (03-26-21)
Old 03-25-21, 08:35 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cvt
It’s definitely lowered. When I bought mine it came with RSR springs. Got them replaced immediately with OEM and it handles so much better.
RSR are garbage. They have really weak spring rates to let the car sit lower. People have blown their shocks. Swift springs are much better as they have much better spring rates. Typically, when the car is lowered, it needs much more aggressive spring rates than OEM due to the stroke of the suspension stroke reduces so in order to stop the car from bobbling up and down constantly, much more aggressive spring rates are needed. The over-working of the OEM shocks is what causes them to fail prematurely (oil leak).

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-26-21 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-25-21, 09:44 PM
AlexAviles
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 81 Posts

Looks like a great deal to me! Congratulations and welcome to the rc f gang.
angcd3 (03-26-21)
Old 03-26-21, 05:22 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Not a bad price, but the wheels would be a deal breaker for me, lol. Horrible (IMO). I'm not s fan of doing aftermarket wheels on 'higher end' vehicles..... only reason why it's be a deal breaker for me personally.

V.
Old 03-26-21, 06:46 AM
AlexAviles
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Not a bad price, but the wheels would be a deal breaker for me, lol. Horrible (IMO). I'm not s fan of doing aftermarket wheels on 'higher end' vehicles..... only reason why it's be a deal breaker for me personally.

V.
I don’t think those wheels are aftermarket. There are two options the hand polished wheels and these ones. I think they both look great and personalizing a car with wheels is a safe easy way for people who don’t want to get into the more important details around performance, handling and aero.
Old 03-26-21, 06:52 AM
angcd3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AlexAviles
I don’t think those wheels are aftermarket. There are two options the hand polished wheels and these ones. I think they both look great and personalizing a car with wheels is a safe easy way for people who don’t want to get into the more important details around performance, handling and aero.
Yeah agreed. These are definitely one of the stock options not as nice as the hand polished ones but still look good to me although not my favorite choice if I was buying it new. I think every car I've owned I've put aftermarket wheels on it, and your right it just personalizes the car and makes it your own.
Old 03-26-21, 07:28 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Looks nice. For reference, I'm likely listing mine for $45k. 33k miles, ultra white/circuit red/carbon package, immaculate condition. Almost full car PPF, ceramic coated, PTS exhaust, PPE headers, RR Racing chip, hi-flow cats, carbon steering wheel, and few other aftermarket pieces.
Old 03-26-21, 07:30 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CodyJames
Looks nice. For reference, I'm likely listing mine for $45k. 33k miles, ultra white/circuit red/carbon package, immaculate condition. Almost full car PPF, ceramic coated, PTS exhaust, PPE headers, RR Racing chip, hi-flow cats, carbon steering wheel, and few other aftermarket pieces.
I would go for this one. Carbon/TVD package and all of the tasteful mods.
Old 03-26-21, 07:44 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

I would go for this one. Carbon/TVD package and all of the tasteful mods.
Thanks Rolla. This is the best car I've ever had, but having owned it since new in 2015, I have wandering eyes. Love your Molten Pearl - such a beautiful beast.
05RollaXRS (03-26-21)

Quick Reply: Used 2015 price and opinion