RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RR Racing Road & Track R2 Coilover Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-21, 07:26 AM
Darrell2
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RR Racing Road & Track R2 Coilover Thoughts?

Has anyone tried these out yet? https://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-...rcxfsu0001.htm

I really really want Ohlins but I doubt my budget will ever allow it so I was looking for a solid alternative. I put some rather fat tires on my car so I bet I can only lower the car 1/2 at the moment, but since these are Coil overs I can adjust it later when I get different tires. I do do a lot of highway driving with the occasional weekend event so I need a solid dual duty setup. I really like the stock setup and would go swift springs but I think with my current tire situation I would likely rub quite a bit.
Old 03-26-21, 07:33 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,795 Posts

RR racing makes great stuff. I think I have read in the past, owners having great experience with those coilovers.
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (03-29-21)
Old 03-26-21, 10:15 AM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 346 Likes on 228 Posts

I will say I have ordered a few items ( Two Piece Rotors, Intake shield, Carbon fiber badge} from them over the years and they were excellent. Plus, I felt they were excellent with customer service. I have heard similar reports from other people and also that they are always helpful after the sale.

I would trust they did a good job with those struts.
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (03-29-21)
Old 03-26-21, 06:53 PM
Darrell2
Driver

I own a few RR Racing parts and have talked to them on the phone several times. They are a solid company. Just curious if anyone had any real world experience with these coil overs. I'm very glad there is a company doing the leg work on aftermarket parts.
The following 2 users liked this post by Darrell2:
21ce (08-05-23), RRRacing (03-29-21)
Old 03-26-21, 07:56 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I really like the stock setup and would go swift springs but I think with my current tire situation I would likely rub quite a bit.

I agree, the stock suspension feels so perfect. Firm without being harsh. I don't like the gap in the front, but I am willing to live with it. I did a lot of suspension mods previously on my cars including failed experiments with terrible parts and blown shocks etc, but with the RCF I felt it suit my taste really well. I will only do the SuperPRO 90 durometer bushings and leave the rest stock.

When I purchased my car in 2017, immediately my biggest gripe were the tires and I wrote a lot about it considering how much they rolled/chewed over the sidewalls. I quickly realized the inner/outer sidewalls are super soft on those Pilot Super Sport (confirmed by their load rating). I had a feel, the tires were not properly matched to a heavy car with short wheelbase. I got rid of them and good heavy-load rated ( 96F and 100F XL) PS4S and it made the car feel perfect. The "bump-steer/wallowing" while encountering mid-corner bumps completely vanished. It remains perfectly firm and without noticeable deformation when suddenly upset in a turn.

I remember reading on the forum a while back I read someone who put RR racing on saying they improve both the ride quality and handling. That person seemed very happy.

Edit: managed to find the thread for you. Enjoy!

RRRacing / Penske Coilover System for the RCF - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-27-21 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-28-21, 07:48 PM
Darrell2
Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS

I agree, the stock suspension feels so perfect. Firm without being harsh. I don't like the gap in the front, but I am willing to live with it. I did a lot of suspension mods previously on my cars including failed experiments with terrible parts and blown shocks etc, but with the RCF I felt it suit my taste really well. I will only do the SuperPRO 90 durometer bushings and leave the rest stock.

When I purchased my car in 2017, immediately my biggest gripe were the tires and I wrote a lot about it considering how much they rolled/chewed over the sidewalls. I quickly realized the inner/outer sidewalls are super soft on those Pilot Super Sport (confirmed by their load rating). I had a feel, the tires were not properly matched to a heavy car with short wheelbase. I got rid of them and good heavy-load rated ( 96F and 100F XL) PS4S and it made the car feel perfect. The "bump-steer/wallowing" while encountering mid-corner bumps completely vanished. It remains perfectly firm and without noticeable deformation when suddenly upset in a turn.

I remember reading on the forum a while back I read someone who put RR racing on saying they improve both the ride quality and handling. That person seemed very happy.

Edit: managed to find the thread for you. Enjoy!

RRRacing / Penske Coilover System for the RCF - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Thank you for the link. That is one solid write up. These are defiantly going to go on the parts list as I slowly modify the car.
Old 03-28-21, 07:58 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Darrell2
Thank you for the link. That is one solid write up. These are defiantly going to go on the parts list as I slowly modify the car.
Awesome. Do write a review if you end up putting it on. Would like to read your impressions.
Old 03-29-21, 06:37 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,412 Likes on 647 Posts

Thank you everyone for the kudos!

OP, there are a few write ups with first hand feedback of our Coilovers on the RC F Owners group if you are interested in checking that out.

Please feel free to give us a shout with any other questions.
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube