Search this Thread

Old 06-07-21, 07:18 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 778 Likes on 482 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by 504GSF
I love my invidia exhaust.

Here's some clips of the exhaust as well.

GS F stock/exhaust/headers sound clips - YouTube

I wish EVERYONE did videos just like this. It's super clear what is what, and most of all pretty much from the same angles and not 4" from the exhaust! A++!! Give a great comparison of sound! I can't remember if you sent me this video or posted it on facebook. But it's excellent!

Damn I want my invidia exhaust already....!

-Nigel
The following users liked this post:
504GSF (06-07-21)
Old 06-07-21, 09:12 PM
maubster16
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Anxiously waiting for the restock of the invidia q300 in stainless steel. I believe the titanium variant is available, but I am going to wait it out for the SS as I want the car to look at stock as possible. It also seems as if the invidia system is the only option for us in Canada. The only other exhaust I would consider would be the borla, but I believe that system was discontinued.
Old 06-07-21, 09:37 PM
504GSF
Intermediate

Received 235 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
I wish EVERYONE did videos just like this. It's super clear what is what, and most of all pretty much from the same angles and not 4" from the exhaust! A++!! Give a great comparison of sound! I can't remember if you sent me this video or posted it on facebook. But it's excellent!

Damn I want my invidia exhaust already....!

-Nigel
Damn bro you still don’t have it? Appreciate the feedback on the video also man 🙏🏽.
Old 06-07-21, 09:54 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Originally Posted by maubster16
Anxiously waiting for the restock of the invidia q300 in stainless steel. I believe the titanium variant is available, but I am going to wait it out for the SS as I want the car to look at stock as possible. It also seems as if the invidia system is the only option for us in Canada. The only other exhaust I would consider would be the borla, but I believe that system was discontinued.
I researched it a lot back in the day. Once you look at it in real life, it looks so much better than the SS. I looked at both back in the day. Also Titanium has a slightly different tone than the SS due to the Ti material difference in the muffler. The Titanium is slightly more snarly than the SS from what I found back in the day.

p.s. When I bought mine, both of them were available, but my decision was based on the fact that Invidia's build quality is so much better than Borla. The welds, muffler design, materials etc. It feels more expensive than it is. While Borla is louder/muscle car like bass driven noise and Invidia is more smooth/melodic and quieter at low rpms because of the resonator design, it is the Invidia that actually flows a lot better because the piping is 2.75 inches vs 2.5 inches.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-07-21 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-07-21, 10:00 PM
504GSF
Intermediate

I think only the tips are titanium, so that wouldn’t create a difference in tone. I researched it pretty heavily before I ended up with my stainless steel version because the titanium tipped variant wasn’t in stock anywhere.

Also, if the entire muffler was titanium the price difference would be a lot more.
Old 06-07-21, 10:05 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I think only the tips are titanium, so that wouldn’t create a difference in tone. I researched it pretty heavily before I ended up with my stainless steel version because the titanium tipped variant wasn’t in stock anywhere.

Also, if the entire muffler was titanium the price difference would be a lot more.
From what I found out, the exhaust pulses exits out through the muffler and tips, the density and acoustic properties of titanium and stainless are slightly different because Titanium is lighter/thinner. That is why it tends to sound a bit different.

Here is your video and my video. Both cold starts. Mine is in a garage so of course, it echoes more, but yeah the difference is not be much.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-07-21 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-08-21, 03:25 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 778 Likes on 482 Posts
Arrow

Damn bro you still don’t have it? Appreciate the feedback on the video also man 🙏🏽.
Nope :-(
And videos like yours aren't helping the wait time...lol j/k.

I think I'll probably appreciate it more when I finally get it. I'm HOPING this month... that's what I was told, but who knows.

-Nigel
Old 06-08-21, 07:30 AM
504GSF
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
From what I found out, the exhaust pulses exits out through the muffler and tips, the density and acoustic properties of titanium and stainless are slightly different because Titanium is lighter/thinner. That is why it tends to sound a bit different.

Here is your video and my video. Both cold starts. Mine is in a garage so of course, it echoes more, but yeah the difference is not be much.

Lexus GS F Cold Start Invidia Q300 - YouTube

Lexus RCF Invidia Full Exhaust Cold Start Up and Light Revs - YouTube

This is a terrible comparison, but I will oblige you. I legit have 2 videos of a cold start on my phone before headers that are not in a garage that sound just like your car in the garage. I will upload them to youtube when a get a second and post them here.

I have a friend locally that has the titanium tipped version on his RC F and our cars sound the exact same, even with headers now we sound the same.

2 inches of titanium piping at the very end of an exhaust will not do much to change tone. It's just for looks. If there was a tone difference I am almost certain it would be talked about more.
Old 06-08-21, 07:46 AM
504GSF
Intermediate

Old 06-08-21, 09:03 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

This is a terrible comparison, but I will oblige you. I legit have 2 videos of a cold start on my phone before headers that are not in a garage that sound just like your car in the garage. I will upload them to youtube when a get a second and post them here.

I have a friend locally that has the titanium tipped version on his RC F and our cars sound the exact same, even with headers now we sound the same.

2 inches of titanium piping at the very end of an exhaust will not do much to change tone. It's just for looks. If there was a tone difference I am almost certain it would be talked about more.
You did not read my post above. I already put a disclaimer that my car is in the garage so it will echo a lot more so I already said it is not an apples to apples comparison, but it is whatever was available for people to draw their own personal conclusions. Secondly, I carefully used 'a bit different'. I did not say the difference was significant nor did I say you were wrong. I agree, it is 100% intended just for aesthetic purpose. You are downplaying the difference also. There are 4 total tips where the sound exits from. We can agree to disagree here. I have nothing to gain from this.

They are definitely not only 2 inches. The entire tip sections are titanium. Not just the burnt blue part. Each of them are definitely longer than 2 inches and they are 4 inches in diameter. Then there are 4 of them in total. That will overall add up to some minor/small differences in acoustics due to the sheer volume having compounding effect. Again, it is the analogy of the muffler tips acting like the flute where the noise passes and exits from. I personally believe there is a difference albeit small due to the harmonic property difference between Titanium and SS. However, but all things being equal, the flutter that is caused in the muffler and tips as exhaust pulses pass, will cause a small difference in how the noise comes out at certain frequencies.

It is just my opinion. Rest, I am just leaving up to everyone to draw their own conclusions. You can't go wrong with either option.

Here is underbody pic of my RCF and you can see the tip size

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-08-21 at 03:37 PM.
Yri (06-08-21)
Old 06-09-21, 08:08 AM
504GSF
Intermediate

You did not read my post above. I already put a disclaimer that my car is in the garage so it will echo a lot more so I already said it is not an apples to apples comparison, but it is whatever was available for people to draw their own personal conclusions. Secondly, I carefully used 'a bit different'. I did not say the difference was significant nor did I say you were wrong. I agree, it is 100% intended just for aesthetic purpose. You are downplaying the difference also. There are 4 total tips where the sound exits from. We can agree to disagree here. I have nothing to gain from this.

They are definitely not only 2 inches. The entire tip sections are titanium. Not just the burnt blue part. Each of them are definitely longer than 2 inches and they are 4 inches in diameter. Then there are 4 of them in total. That will overall add up to some minor/small differences in acoustics due to the sheer volume having compounding effect. Again, it is the analogy of the muffler tips acting like the flute where the noise passes and exits from. I personally believe there is a difference albeit small due to the harmonic property difference between Titanium and SS. However, but all things being equal, the flutter that is caused in the muffler and tips as exhaust pulses pass, will cause a small difference in how the noise comes out at certain frequencies.

It is just my opinion. Rest, I am just leaving up to everyone to draw their own conclusions. You can't go wrong with either option.

Here is underbody pic of my RCF and you can see the tip size

No reason to continue poking holes in pure delusion. I’ve had a s2000 with a titanium exhaust and it sounded completely different from its stainless steel counterpart.

The tips won’t make an acoustic difference. It’s literally just riveted onto a stainless steel pipe exiting the muffler. But hey man, believe what you want. Your money was well spent either way as I stated, I was gunning for the titanium tip variant but covid backorder and non availability got in the way.

But they definitely sound the same, and that’s just facts.
AlexAviles (06-10-21)
Old 06-09-21, 08:30 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

No reason to continue poking holes in pure delusion. I’ve had a s2000 with a titanium exhaust and it sounded completely different from its stainless steel counterpart.

The tips won’t make an acoustic difference. It’s literally just riveted onto a stainless steel pipe exiting the muffler. But hey man, believe what you want. Your money was well spent either way as I stated, I was gunning for the titanium tip variant but covid backorder and non availability got in the way.

No matter how respectful I am, you want to continue to be an a**hole about then go ahead. I stand by what I wrote.
504GSF (06-09-21)
Old 06-09-21, 08:45 AM
504GSF
Intermediate

No matter how respectful I am, you want to continue to be an a**hole about then go ahead. I stand by what I wrote.
Sorry for just trying to make you look less like a fool bro. Lets just forget I said anything.

Titanium tips sound different. You win.
AlexAviles (06-10-21)
Old 06-09-21, 09:01 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry for just trying to make you look less like a fool bro. Lets just forget I said anything.

Titanium tips sound different. You win.
Make me look like less of a fool? I could have went there if I wanted to when you tried to claim the titanium part is "only 2 inches", but I did not.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-09-21 at 10:29 AM.
504GSF (06-09-21)
Old 06-09-21, 09:17 AM
Yri
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts

I've heard that by changing the diameter of an exhaust tip, it will change the 'pitch' of the exiting exhaust, smaller will make it more raspy and larger will make it more throaty.

Quick Reply: Time for an exhaust