RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Time for an exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-21, 08:00 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts

Got update that the Invidia is already pushed to September, and probably later....arg :-(

I'm half tempted but not really 100% yet, but I feel like the Tom's rear titanium with the Apexi resonated mid pipe would be nice... Just not sure if people have that set up. My fear is spending $4k+ for an exhaust only to then hear drone. This is the SOLE purpose of me waiting for the Invidia. You can get loud exhausts all day/every day and as nice as that sounds it gets old to me rather quickly.

I've always heard that the Tom's axle back is quiet... quieter than what most people want actually, but that seems like could be a fix with the mid pipe.

I guess I should just assume and expect no exhaust this year with how things are going.

-Nigel
Old 07-08-21, 08:31 AM
Ab175
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

I kind of lost interest in pursuing an exhaust after learning about the severe lack of stock right now. I guess if stock is more plentiful next year I will think about it again but I am very happy with the factory exhaust note as of right now.
Old 07-08-21, 09:21 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Wish there was something like this for the RCF

https://ryft.co/collections/exhaust/...rmance-exhaust
Old 07-08-21, 09:29 AM
adreano17
Advanced

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

I would hold. Not being able to consult with anyone on drone is always going to be a gamble. Additionally, not having a total consensus across multiple owners is also something to consider.

If you’re looking for no drone, confirmed. Invidia is where you want to be. It is worth the wait.

Originally Posted by nigel821
Got update that the Invidia is already pushed to September, and probably later....arg :-(

I'm half tempted but not really 100% yet, but I feel like the Tom's rear titanium with the Apexi resonated mid pipe would be nice... Just not sure if people have that set up. My fear is spending $4k+ for an exhaust only to then hear drone. This is the SOLE purpose of me waiting for the Invidia. You can get loud exhausts all day/every day and as nice as that sounds it gets old to me rather quickly.

I've always heard that the Tom's axle back is quiet... quieter than what most people want actually, but that seems like could be a fix with the mid pipe.

I guess I should just assume and expect no exhaust this year with how things are going.

-Nigel
Old 07-08-21, 12:10 PM
504GSF
Intermediate

Received 235 Likes on 112 Posts

-Nigel

Im sure you’ve seen this video, but you’re right it’s not a very popular set up from what I can find videos of. I do think it sounds okay. But I’m pretty biased. However idk if I’d wait forever for Invidia either.

GTHaus sounds super dope too.
Old 07-12-21, 08:17 AM
nigel821
Racer

Yea I am just going to wait. I've waited since January so what's another couple/few months... My car has 135 miles on it so it's not like I'm going crazy...lol

Appreciate the videos! That does sound nice! I like the resonated sound better honestly. It doesn't sound like a mustang as much as the non-resonated.

I like that the Invidia seems to keep that higher pitched noise, where most other exhausts make it sound more American muscle which I want to not automatically go to.

*Sits down and waits for Invidia.

-Nigel
Old 07-12-21, 09:26 AM
Ab175
Intermediate

Yea I am just going to wait. I've waited since January so what's another couple/few months... My car has 135 miles on it so it's not like I'm going crazy...lol

Appreciate the videos! That does sound nice! I like the resonated sound better honestly. It doesn't sound like a mustang as much as the non-resonated.

I like that the Invidia seems to keep that higher pitched noise, where most other exhausts make it sound more American muscle which I want to not automatically go to.

*Sits down and waits for Invidia.

-Nigel
Just curious Nigel, is there a particular reason you haven't driven your RC F much? Lol Mine is also an extra car and I have still managed to put nearly 5,000 miles on it since I bought it in January, I can never resist driving it!
Old 07-12-21, 09:34 AM
504GSF
Intermediate

Received 235 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Ab175
Just curious Nigel, is there a particular reason you haven't driven your RC F much? Lol Mine is also an extra car and I have still managed to put nearly 5,000 miles on it since I bought it in January, I can never resist driving it!
Same here man anytime it's nice outside I already know what car I'm going to take. Although seeing it from another angle I can understand how because over the last 3 years on my S2000 I may have accumulated 4,000 miles before I sold it. At the same time within a year I put about 12,000 miles on the GS F. But over the last month and a half it's been raining so much that I've only put like 200 miles on the car. Most of which was in one drive.
Old 07-12-21, 09:39 AM
Ab175
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 504GSF
Same here man anytime it's nice outside I already know what car I'm going to take. Although seeing it from another angle I can understand how because over the last 3 years on my S2000 I may have accumulated 4,000 miles before I sold it. At the same time within a year I put about 12,000 miles on the GS F. But over the last month and a half it's been raining so much that I've only put like 200 miles on the car. Most of which was in one drive.
Exactly how I feel, If the weather is nice there is no doubt in my mind that I am going to be driving the RC F. The rain has been killing me as well for the last few weeks, took a road trip to Austin to escape the rain and drive some canyons because I couldn't stand not driving the car anymore lol. I am very impressed that anyone has the self-control to barely be driving their F. Hell, I drove mine 110 miles yesterday!
The following users liked this post:
504GSF (07-12-21)
Old 07-12-21, 09:50 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Exactly how I feel, If the weather is nice there is no doubt in my mind that I am going to be driving the RC F. The rain has been killing me as well for the last few weeks, took a road trip to Austin to escape the rain and drive some canyons because I couldn't stand not driving the car anymore lol. I am very impressed that anyone has the self-control to barely be driving their F. Hell, I drove mine 110 miles yesterday!
Mine is the same as Nigel. Bought the car in 2017 with 13,900 KM (8000 miles). Now, at 18,900 KM (10,000 miles). Still has the brand new car smell LOL I have two other cars for commuting so RCF is my hobby/fun car. Whenever I get time in spring/summer, I drive it and enjoy modding it, but since I bought it to enjoy the experience ( SavageGeese bought the LC500 for the same exact reason as a celebration of what the best N/A has to offer), I am in no rush to put miles on it. To me, it is a marathon and not a sprint.
Old 07-12-21, 12:20 PM
Ab175
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Mine is the same as Nigel. Bought the car in 2017 with 13,900 KM (8000 miles). Now, at 18,900 KM (10,000 miles). Still has the brand new car smell LOL I have two other cars for commuting so RCF is my hobby/fun car. Whenever I get time in spring/summer, I drive it and enjoy modding it, but since I bought it to enjoy the experience ( SavageGeese bought the LC500 for the same exact reason as a celebration of what the best N/A has to offer), I am in no rush to put miles on it. To me, it is a marathon and not a sprint.
Lol y'all have lots more self-control than I do when it comes to driving the F, to each their own I suppose. I'm very happy to drive the hell out of mine
The following 4 users liked this post by Ab175:
05RollaXRS (07-12-21), 1wacko (07-12-21), 504GSF (07-12-21), AML (01-14-22)
Old 07-13-21, 09:44 AM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

When I bought the car new at the dealer in November my intent and plan was to sell two of my cars and I would daily the RCF. I was going to sell my STi and my Mercedes (w211). Walking to the car after they put the bow on it on the lot, I was tearing up knowing that my STi was going to be done. The sales guy even said to me, "I've never seen someone so sad buying a new car". I was happy getting a new car but sad that all the work I did to the STi would be gone.

Then fast forward about a week and I was like I don't see to sell anything. I didn't buy the car based on needing to sell anything. Hell I have 4-5 vehicles now. After that sunk in, I was happy again with the RCF so then it got pushed to weekend car. I commute about 65 miles a day to work. At the moment and for several years they are working on a major highway. The highway is like a mine field of crap and debris. It's not worth getting stuff kicked on the car or tires getting punctured..etc. I have a 2007 Toyota Solara that I nabbed off my wife when she bought her NX, and I've been using the Solara as a daily for a few years now. It's super comfortable, gets 30mpg, is a convertible. and is well maintained by me(like all our vehicles). I really do like driving the RCF, it's a fun car, but a chunk of me wants to drive it more once I get an exhaust put on when it ever comes eventually. I DO drive it to the gym on Saturdays normally which is about 1.4miles from my house.

I guess how it goes in the pecking order of cars. The Solara is the go to car just because of the age and mileage on it. My truck does home depot/lowes duties. The w211 gets driven here and there or if I am working on the Solara. W211 has 64k miles on it and is an 09'. There is something about that body style that mercedes came out with that I always loved since I was a kid, now that I have it, probably won't get rid of it unless something horribly goes wrong. STi is every now and then (gym runs), and RCF is even less (won't ever see winter or salt). Then there's always my wife NX if we are taking the dogs some place. Though she DOES drive her car all the time. She's under the impression that you buy a nice car and drive the crap out of it and enjoy it which I totally get and understand. I'm under the mind set now that vehicles have different purposes. If I could only have one vehicle to do ALL it would be an e63s wagon.

I'll eventually drive the RCF more though. :-) It is super annoying that someone has the same white 2020/2021 RCF around me and I ONLY see them when I am not driving the RCF. If I am in my truck it never fails that I pass them going to the gym. When I am in the RCF, it's like they don't exist

-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 07-13-21 at 09:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
vraa (07-13-21)
Old 07-15-21, 08:02 PM
ALargeTom
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Im just curious, where are you guys buying invidia q300 from? From our forum dealer? Or some other website like modinjapan, vivid racing?
Old 07-15-21, 08:18 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by ALargeTom
Im just curious, where are you guys buying invidia q300 from? From our forum dealer? Or some other website like modinjapan, vivid racing?
You can buy it from us, we're a forum dealer too.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-15-21, 08:54 PM
ALargeTom
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
You can buy it from us, we're a forum dealer too.

-Josh
Hi Josh, thanks for reaching out me, can you please pm me your number, so I can text you tomorrow daytime!

Quick Reply: Time for an exhaust