RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Time for an exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-21, 07:37 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Mine already shipped! Better hit maperformance ASAP if you’ve been waiting for months and haven’t ordered!

Last edited by 3ISRC; 08-02-21 at 08:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AdamKTexas (08-04-21)
Old 08-02-21, 08:24 PM
calpal
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just ordered mine too from MAP. They are local to me and have a good reputation.
Old 08-02-21, 08:37 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by calpal
Just ordered mine too from MAP. They are local to me and have a good reputation.
Sweet! Yea they are solid. I remember them from my evo days.
AdamKTexas (08-04-21)
Old 08-04-21, 07:30 AM
AdamKTexas
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for posting this up. Just ordered mine! I was hoping for stainless but will happily take the Ti rather than wait. If anyone has a new stainless they'd like to trade for my Ti, let me know. I'm in the Dallas area.
Old 08-04-21, 07:51 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AdamKTexas
Thanks for posting this up. Just ordered mine! I was hoping for stainless but will happily take the Ti rather than wait. If anyone has a new stainless they'd like to trade for my Ti, let me know. I'm in the Dallas area.
I’m glad you got one, mine is being delivered today! No need to trade keep it. Just get some mother’s mag and aluminum polish and the burnt part will polish right off easily to a shiny finish. The good thing too is that if you ever want to burn the tips later you can do so easily. I had invidia TI tips before on my previous car and did this.
AdamKTexas (08-04-21)
Old 08-04-21, 08:38 AM
AdamKTexas
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 3ISRC
I’m glad you got one, mine is being delivered today! No need to trade keep it. Just get some mother’s mag and aluminum polish and the burnt part will polish right off easily to a shiny finish. The good thing too is that if you ever want to burn the tips later you can do so easily. I had invidia TI tips before on my previous car and did this.
Sweet! That's awesome, never knew that. I'll do the polish before installing. Thanks!
Old 08-04-21, 08:46 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts

Those that get the exhaust please post up on if it's damaged or not. I can speak from experience (still waiting) but FexEx/Currier destroyed the large box and the contents inside were badly damaged. Dented mufflers, mid pipe was bent to the point that it couldn't be used/installed...etc. I'm curious to see and hope that everyone does get one that isn't damaged. I do blame Invidia though, they could clearly package the contents better. As soon as one thing starts moving then it's getting flopped around and metal on metal banging around isn't good...

Also ya'll better not forget to post pics and videos for us!

-Nigel
Old 08-04-21, 08:50 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nigel821
Those that get the exhaust please post up on if it's damaged or not. I can speak from experience (still waiting) but FexEx/Currier destroyed the large box and the contents inside were badly damaged. Dented mufflers, mid pipe was bent to the point that it couldn't be used/installed...etc. I'm curious to see and hope that everyone does get one that isn't damaged. I do blame Invidia though, they could clearly package the contents better. As soon as one thing starts moving then it's getting flopped around and metal on metal banging around isn't good...

-Nigel
I’ll inspect my box today and let you know.
Old 08-04-21, 08:57 AM
Ab175
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

-Nigel
Mine is coming in today, will check and report back if it is damaged or not.
3ISRC (08-04-21)
Old 08-04-21, 09:14 AM
Ab175
Intermediate

It's here, box looks a little scuffed up but hopefully everything inside is good, time to check if anything is damaged.
ALargeTom (08-04-21)
Old 08-04-21, 09:36 AM
Ab175
Intermediate

Everything looks good, going to have it installed later today, I will report back my thoughts! Thanks for all the help!
3ISRC (08-04-21)
Old 08-04-21, 02:38 PM
Ab175
Intermediate

Well it's installed and just from the drive back from the exhaust shop, it's safe to say, I am throughly pleased with this exhaust. It sounds fantastic, the volume is just right when you are on the gas and yet it sounds stock when you are just cruising at highway speeds. I'm definitely in love and I am definitely going to burn a few tanks of gas by the end of this weekend.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ab175:
3ISRC (08-04-21), nigel821 (08-04-21)
Old 08-04-21, 03:00 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ab175
Well it's installed and just from the drive back from the exhaust shop, it's safe to say, I am throughly pleased with this exhaust. It sounds fantastic, the volume is just right when you are on the gas and yet it sounds stock when you are just cruising at highway speeds. I'm definitely in love and I am definitely going to burn a few tanks of gas by the end of this weekend.
Can’t wait to install mine. This is exactly what I was hoping for sound wise.
Old 08-04-21, 03:36 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Ab175
Awesome!! Glad it wasn't damaged. Mine was poking through the box and what not. So dissapointed when that happened months ago.

Post pics of it on the car!!

Any issues with the o2 sensors or anything like that or gaskets? What did you end up torquing the bolts to in terms of ft/lbs.

I can't wait to hear this and install it in person. Seeing posts like this just make the wait worth it! :-)

-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 08-04-21 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-04-21, 03:50 PM
Ab175
Intermediate

Awesome!! Glad it wasn't damaged. Mine was poking through the box and what not. So dissapointed when that happened months ago.

Post pics of it on the car!!

Any issues with the o2 sensors or anything like that or gaskets? What did you end up torquing the bolts to in terms of ft/lbs.

I can't wait to hear this and install it in person. Seeing posts like this just make the wait worth it! :-)

-Nigel
In terms of the o2 sensors and bolt torques I honestly have no idea, the shop did everything in about 30-40 minutes and the car drove really well on the way home with no check engine light (fingers crossed it stays that way). Pics are to come.

Quick Reply: Time for an exhaust