RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Time for an exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-21, 04:36 PM
Ab175
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Just my luck lol, I get ready to go for a drive and it starts pouring rain... Guess I will have to wait until tomorrow.
Old 08-04-21, 04:43 PM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 602 Likes on 327 Posts

Invidia really just doesn't pack these very well. Not exactly the shippers fault that pipes bounce around, shredding the box from the inside.

As far as torque specs, just about every exhaust is a little more than snug, like 30 ft-lbs should be good.
Old 08-04-21, 05:14 PM
Ab175
Intermediate

So after reading everyone's concerns about the o2 sensors, I got under the car and took some pictures of the wires, they seem pretty badly twisted, I have some pictures that I will attach. I hope this doesn't turn into an issue later on! Maybe I need to unplug them and untwist, then reconnect? Any advice is appreciated.

Old 08-04-21, 07:48 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

You can always reinstall and pre twist then tighten in place so it’s straight. Just get the 02 socket. Btw how did you haul the exhaust to the shop? Did it fit inside the rc f? Lol I just took it out of the box and it’s 5 pieces lol.

Originally Posted by Ab175
So after reading everyone's concerns about the o2 sensors, I got under the car and took some pictures of the wires, they seem pretty badly twisted, I have some pictures that I will attach. I hope this doesn't turn into an issue later on! Maybe I need to unplug them and untwist, then reconnect? Any advice is appreciated.

Old 08-04-21, 07:51 PM
Ab175
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 3ISRC
You can always reinstall and pre twist then tighten in place so it’s straight. Just get the 02 socket. Btw how did you haul the exhaust to the shop? Did it fit inside the rc f? Lol I just took it out of the box and it’s 5 pieces lol.
Nope lol had my brother drive my GX to the shop behind me and drop off the exhaust in its box. It definitely won't fit in the back of the RCF.
The following users liked this post:
3ISRC (08-04-21)
Old 08-04-21, 07:53 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ab175
Nope lol had my brother drive my GX to the shop behind me and drop off the exhaust in its box. It definitely won't fit in the back of the RCF.
Yep not without damaging something inside.
Old 08-04-21, 07:57 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Took mine out of the box today and no major damage. There was a slight dent in one of the piping but nothing that will be visible from outside. Invidia just doesn’t pack these well lol. I can see how they can easily be damaged from shipping. Luckily my fedex delivery took 2 guys to deliver it in the front door and not one guy trying to carry and potentially damaging it. I might just end up installing it myself, nothing that’s hard. I’ve done extensive car work in the past and this should be straight up bolt on.
Old 08-04-21, 08:09 PM
AlexAviles
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by 3ISRC

See the rubber plug? Pull that out and twist the wires back a bit and put it back in. I pulled mine today from the interior. They are about 16 inches long in the cabin so there’s plenty of wire you can use to make them not so twisted up.
Old 08-04-21, 08:11 PM
AlexAviles
Intermediate

Mine came today as well. Left side muffle tip damaged even though the box and contents showed no sign of damage.

Old 08-04-21, 08:12 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AlexAviles
See the rubber plug? Pull that out and twist the wires back a bit and put it back in. I pulled mine today from the interior. They are about 16 inches long in the cabin so there’s plenty of wire you can use to make them not so twisted up.

good to know that’s even easier!
Old 08-04-21, 08:33 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 778 Likes on 482 Posts
Arrow

Did you happen to snap any pics from the interior on the o2 plugs at all. Just want to visually guesstamate location to see if that's something I want to do when I eventually get an exhaust.

Mine came today as well. Left side muffle tip damaged even though the box and contents showed no sign of damage.

Arg! That's so annoying. Let us know what the company (who did you go with again) comes through and takes care of that. I'm frustrated for you on that dent.... :-(

Side note: I noticed that the o2 sensor shield has a hole in it. Could one put a tool in there to unscrew it that way or just using a normal longer o2 socket does the trick? I still feel like it's probably best to unplug them from the inside. Remove exhaust. Remove o2 sensor. Attach o2 sensor on new exhaust pipe. Install everything making sure it's correct, then plugging the o2 sensor back inside the cabin.

-Nigel
Old 08-04-21, 09:11 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Unacceptable I would be so pissed about that. I hope they take care of you. I inspected my tips and canister all are good.

Last edited by 3ISRC; 08-04-21 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-04-21, 09:36 PM
AlexAviles
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nigel821
Did you happen to snap any pics from the interior on the o2 plugs at all.

Side note: I noticed that the o2 sensor shield has a hole in it. Could one put a tool in there to unscrew it that way or just using a normal longer o2 socket does the trick? I still feel like it's probably best to unplug them from the inside. Remove exhaust. Remove o2 sensor. Attach o2 sensor on new exhaust pipe. Install everything making sure it's correct, then plugging the o2 sensor back inside the cabin.

-Nigel
No way could you stick something in those holes turn it with enough force. I had to use a breaker bar. When they didn’t just come right out, I was too afraid to slip off on the wires or crush one that I decided to just eyeball where they might be in the cabin and viola, I just so happened to pull on the carpet right where it connected to the car. It is then clipped with a slide on clip to piece of sheet metal.(slides right off). Then I fished it down and pulled, and moved, and wiggled the wire till it came out. Was very easy but getting it back in might be harder. I was kinda full sending it with the carpet so if you have the time you might want to pull back some trim first, the way I think it should be done without shorcuts. I’ll know tomorrow.
The following users liked this post:
nigel821 (08-06-21)
Old 08-04-21, 09:38 PM
AlexAviles
Intermediate

The following 2 users liked this post by AlexAviles:
1wacko (08-04-21), nigel821 (08-06-21)
Old 08-04-21, 09:40 PM
AlexAviles
Intermediate

The driver side is really close to the gas pedal and it looked like the pedal may have a flap that pops open. I bet there’s a way loosen the pedal and free up more wiggle room in the carpet.

Quick Reply: Time for an exhaust