RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

LCA bushing opinions: RR Racing Street Version USRS (88dur) vs FIGS SuperPro (90dur)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-21 | 03:28 PM
redspencer
OG Member

I've had the FIGS 90 durometer LCA bushings on my 2IS350 for over six years and they continue to be squeak-free (I've yet to apply additional grease) along with no noticeable NVH. Premature Inner tire wear is completely gone (had to change my toe settings upfront to 0 for this to occur) and steering feel/feedback is vastly improved (both the street and the track).

The following 3 users liked this post by redspencer:
05RollaXRS (06-14-21), JT2MA71 (06-18-21), RJMacReady (08-02-23)
Old 06-14-21 | 03:33 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the feedback. Very useful input. Good to hear someone who has had no issues with squeaking. Definitely, a tough choice between the two.

Originally Posted by redspencer
I've had the FIGS 90 durometer LCA bushings on my 2IS350 for over six years and they continue to be squeak-free (I've yet to apply additional grease) along with no noticeable NVH. Premature Inner tire wear is completely gone (had to change my toe settings upfront to 0 for this to occur) and steering feel/feedback is vastly improved (both the street and the track).

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-14-21 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-17-21 | 03:23 PM
judicator
Driver School Candidate

Recently did this to my RC350. As others have echoed, there's a lot more road feeling, in terms of harshness, i haven't really felt that much difference. What I have noticed is the handling has improved, braking feels more stable. Don't know if you've driven this particular turn, Deerfoot south onto Stoney westbound is a clover turn that I used to take up to around 85kph, but felt super twitchy, with the RR Racing USRS, I pushed it closer to 90-95 and it feels a lot more stable, no twitchiness mid turn.
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (06-17-21)
Old 06-17-21 | 03:46 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by judicator
Recently did this to my RC350. As others have echoed, there's a lot more road feeling, in terms of harshness, i haven't really felt that much difference. What I have noticed is the handling has improved, braking feels more stable. Don't know if you've driven this particular turn, Deerfoot south onto Stoney westbound is a clover turn that I used to take up to around 85kph, but felt super twitchy, with the RR Racing USRS, I pushed it closer to 90-95 and it feels a lot more stable, no twitchiness mid turn.
Thanks for the feedback. As a fellow Calgarian, glad to hear your input. I don't go to the South much especially with my RCF. I usually stay in the North area especially when I drive the RCF Which RR racing USRS did you get? Was it the street version or the road & track one? Regarding bump-steer I mentioned above, there is a nasty dip in the exit ramp from Country Hills Boulevard towards Stoney Trail headed East. Since it is going downhill and with the steering cranked right with outer wheel loaded up, I experience some bump steer if I am turning very tight at higher speeds with the outer wheel loaded up. If I turn wider with less steering lock through the bump balancing the load on the front two wheels, it is fine, but turning tight at high speed with that nasty dip makes the steering go vague as the suspension reacts for a few seconds before suddenly the steering load feel comes back.

Granted, it became much better once I switched from the OEM PSS to the PS4S extra load since the inner/outer walls are stiffer/stronger so it fixed that issue as there is no compression/bounce with these as it was with the OEM PSS. However, the steering still goes a little vague for a few split seconds going through the dip because of the bushings. Like you said, it should really go away once I put the bushings on it. Maybe, you have been through that particular dip as well. Cheers!

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-17-21 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-17-21 | 04:56 PM
AlexAviles
Intermediate

I ordered a set from figgs a month ago. Payment processed, no receipt, no ship confirmation, not replying to emails.
That might help you decide who to buy from.
05RollaXRS (06-17-21)
Old 06-17-21 | 04:58 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AlexAviles
I ordered a set from figgs a month ago. Payment processed, no receipt, no ship confirmation, not replying to emails.
Very odd. Definitely, very helpful. Definitely, does not sound like good customer service. I wonder if they are a vendor on this forum, you could probably try reaching out to them since I have seen some posts from a FIGS rep here.
Old 06-17-21 | 06:21 PM
AlexAviles
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Very odd. Definitely, very helpful. Definitely, does not sound like good customer service. I wonder if they are a vendor on this forum, you could probably try reaching out to them since I have seen some posts from a FIGS rep here.
I tried reaching out to them directly. I’m patiently waiting now.
Old 06-18-21 | 03:42 AM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Mike (Figs) has very good customer service.... message him on FB. He will respond, and quite quickly. Just as an FYI. A month or so ago, he made a post that he had just a couple sets of the LCA bushings left so I ordered them off their site. It still took two weeks or so to receive. I believe with Covid and everything still delayed, people are swamped along with how shipping companies keep delays and or screwing things up. Keep in mind his business isn't like Amazon.. he's running the show, and both him and RR racing aren't huge companies. I get that could be annoying but by no means should that be a strike against him. It took me almost a month to receive my stuff from RR Racing when I placed an order with them. They were waiting on supplies for their oil catch can. It wasn't until I emailed them asking by the 2nd week what was going on before I got a reply back.

Note I'm not backing either company, just stating my experience. I DO know both companies normally have very good reviews and customer service. If they didn't they wouldn't still be here with how small the aftermarket community is especially to our F cars... Word travels rather quickly when there are bad experiences.

-Nigel
Old 06-18-21 | 05:13 AM
AlexAviles
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nigel821
Mike (Figs) has very good customer service.... message him on FB. He will respond, and quite quickly. Just as an FYI. A month or so ago, he made a post that he had just a couple sets of the LCA bushings left so I ordered them off their site. It still took two weeks or so to receive. I believe with Covid and everything still delayed, people are swamped along with how shipping companies keep delays and or screwing things up. Keep in mind his business isn't like Amazon.. he's running the show, and both him and RR racing aren't huge companies. I get that could be annoying but by no means should that be a strike against him. It took me almost a month to receive my stuff from RR Racing when I placed an order with them. They were waiting on supplies for their oil catch can. It wasn't until I emailed them asking by the 2nd week what was going on before I got a reply back.

Note I'm not backing either company, just stating my experience. I DO know both companies normally have very good reviews and customer service. If they didn't they wouldn't still be here with how small the aftermarket community is especially to our F cars... Word travels rather quickly when there are bad experiences.

-Nigel
Please note that I am not saying anything but the facts. No opinions in my post. I am patiently waiting.
Old 06-18-21 | 06:41 AM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Please note that I am not saying anything but the facts. No opinions in my post. I am patiently waiting.

Yep I gathered that. I'm just saying message him on FB and you'll get a response. He really does have good customer service. That's one of the reasons why I went with his LCA bushings because everyone that I asked on here and on FB highly recommended him. He actually listens to customers and based on feedback changes/updates/modifies his products which is a nice thing.
Let us know when you get them. I do know that when I received mine it's immediate that the quality is there. I'll have to update my post with a picture when I get home from work.

-Nigel
AlexAviles (06-19-21)
Old 06-18-21 | 09:07 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Just finished up another batch (Street, Road/Track & Race) for anyone that's interested in grabbing a set

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

05RollaXRS (06-18-21)
Old 06-18-21 | 09:34 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Rafi. Does it come with grease or you have to purchase it separately? If so, what is recommended?

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Just finished up another batch (Street, Road/Track & Race) for anyone that's interested in grabbing a set
Old 06-18-21 | 10:44 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Thanks Rafi. Does it come with grease or you have to purchase it separately? If so, what is recommended?
They come ready to install - if you ever need to re-lube them, we use Energy Suspension: https://www.rr-racing.com/Energy-Sus...rr.9.11108.htm
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

05RollaXRS (06-18-21)
Old 06-18-21 | 12:50 PM
TheCatLoaf
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info today btw RR! I called with some questions about the USRS Race spec; it's looking like that is what I will be going with for my RC F.

Side-note: do you guys know of any reviews specific to the Race version? I poked around but was unable to find anything.
Old 06-18-21 | 12:58 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TheCatLoaf
Thanks for the info today btw RR! I called with some questions about the USRS Race spec; it's looking like that is what I will be going with for my RC F.

Side-note: do you guys know of any reviews specific to the Race version? I poked around but was unable to find anything.
There are a few comments I have read of people who have them. There are many people who are happy with it. BrendanF in this thread has the race/street version (red). I have seen other comments especially from a few ISF guys who felt over time they felt it was a bit too harsh and noisy etc Personally, I see the street version is a safe middle ground.

Quick Reply: LCA bushing opinions: RR Racing Street Version USRS (88dur) vs FIGS SuperPro (90dur)