RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

LCA bushing opinions: RR Racing Street Version USRS (88dur) vs FIGS SuperPro (90dur)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-21, 01:05 PM
TheCatLoaf
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
There are a few comments I have read of people who have them. There are many people who are happy with it. BrendanF in this thread has the race/street version (red). I have seen other comments especially from a few ISF guys who felt over time they felt it was a bit too harsh and noisy etc Personally, I see the street version is a safe middle ground.
Yeah, I think I saw those. To clarify, I'm looking at the Race version (HERE) which is a bit different from the R/T (Road & Track) version.

I can definitely see how some drivers might find the R/T version a bit firm as I had those on my 3IS some years ago. They weren't bad by any means, just depends on what mix of handling improvement and NVH someone is looking for.

Also looked into the FIGS track spec and am leaning away from those from a maintenance standpoint. They don't seem to have any sort of dirt and debris seal on the forward-facing section whereas the USRS Race do.

Had great experiences calling both businesses though - very knowledgeable about their respective products.

Last edited by TheCatLoaf; 06-18-21 at 01:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (06-19-21)
Old 06-18-21, 04:23 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,501 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by TheCatLoaf
Yeah, I think I saw those. To clarify, I'm looking at the Race version (HERE) which is a bit different from the R/T (Road & Track) version.

I can definitely see how some drivers might find the R/T version a bit firm as I had those on my 3IS some years ago. They weren't bad by any means, just depends on what mix of handling improvement and NVH someone is looking for.

Also looked into the FIGS track spec and am leaning away from those from a maintenance standpoint. They don't seem to have any sort of dirt and debris seal on the forward-facing section whereas the USRS Race do.

Had great experiences calling both businesses though - very knowledgeable about their respective products.
Same here. I am also leaning towards the street version of the RR racing as well. RR Racing invests a lot of time, service and resources into R&D for Lexus F cars so I would support them for that reason.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-18-21 at 04:55 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05RollaXRS:
RRRacing (06-19-21), thisguy_06 (09-10-21)
Old 06-21-21, 12:15 PM
judicator
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. As a fellow Calgarian, glad to hear your input. I don't go to the South much especially with my RCF. I usually stay in the North area especially when I drive the RCF Which RR racing USRS did you get? Was it the street version or the road & track one? Regarding bump-steer I mentioned above, there is a nasty dip in the exit ramp from Country Hills Boulevard towards Stoney Trail headed East. Since it is going downhill and with the steering cranked right with outer wheel loaded up, I experience some bump steer if I am turning very tight at higher speeds with the outer wheel loaded up. If I turn wider with less steering lock through the bump balancing the load on the front two wheels, it is fine, but turning tight at high speed with that nasty dip makes the steering go vague as the suspension reacts for a few seconds before suddenly the steering load feel comes back.

Granted, it became much better once I switched from the OEM PSS to the PS4S extra load since the inner/outer walls are stiffer/stronger so it fixed that issue as there is no compression/bounce with these as it was with the OEM PSS. However, the steering still goes a little vague for a few split seconds going through the dip because of the bushings. Like you said, it should really go away once I put the bushings on it. Maybe, you have been through that particular dip as well. Cheers!
Sorry, late reply to this. I got the Road and Track version, the red one. I haven't been Country Hills to Stoney in a long time, but if I do I'll tell you how it handles.

I still have a ketchup sized packet of the energy suspension lube, if you want it by the way, I ended up reusing 1.5, only because I removed the bushing due to some fitment issues. but if I didn't have to, I used about 75-85% of one packet.
05RollaXRS (06-21-21)
Old 06-21-21, 02:20 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks man. Much appreciated. As Rafi said, it comes with the grease so i should be fine. Do let me know how your test goes over the nasty dip on the country hills and Stoney exit fly over ramp.

Originally Posted by judicator
Sorry, late reply to this. I got the Road and Track version, the red one. I haven't been Country Hills to Stoney in a long time, but if I do I'll tell you how it handles.

I still have a ketchup sized packet of the energy suspension lube, if you want it by the way, I ended up reusing 1.5, only because I removed the bushing due to some fitment issues. but if I didn't have to, I used about 75-85% of one packet.
Old 06-21-21, 03:16 PM
judicator
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks man. Much appreciated. As Rafi said, it comes with the grease so i should be fine. Do let me know how your test goes over the nasty dip on the country hills and Stoney exit fly over ramp.
The parts of the bushings, the thrust washer, poly bushing, themselves are greased, but you want the energy suspension grease for the other components. The section of the two big bolts where there are no thread and sits in the housing where the tension bolts push onto, and the main spindle on the arm that the bushing sits on.
05RollaXRS (06-21-21)
Old 06-21-21, 03:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by judicator
The parts of the bushings, the thrust washer, poly bushing, themselves are greased, but you want the energy suspension grease for the other components. The section of the two big bolts where there are no thread and sits in the housing where the tension bolts push onto, and the main spindle on the arm that the bushing sits on.
Thanks. I know exactly what you mean. I thought there was extra grease included to great the big bolt where the housing is pushed on to. In that case, I will order those as well from the RR racing site as Rafi posted.
Old 09-04-21, 08:17 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts

Installed the bushings last night. Install wasn't bad at all. I choose to completely remove the front metal plate. I have seen some videos where they loosen the bolts but to me just removing it meant less crap in the way or bending something that shouldn't be bent.

Drove it today. ZERO additional NVH. Steering feels slightly sharper when turning rapidly left to right. Hard-breaking doesn't really have a weird vague feeling in steering wheel. But honestly other than that if you didn't tell me that these were on the car, I would never know that they were installed. So take that as a good thing or a bad thing that I don't immediately notice a dramatic difference I guess.

Mind you my car has about 150 total miles on it so everything on it is brand new. My bushings weren't worn out or anything like that. I would imagine that if you had 10k miles on suspension components then put these in you would definitely feel a difference or change. So it's one of those things was it worth the price of $360? Lol. I know what they're supposed to do and I know they prevent inner tire wear. That alone is worth it, obviously because tires are going to be way more expensive, than a bushing. But then the other part of me really can't feel a huge difference wonders was this worth it ROFl. I'm not knocking anything. Sometimes you want to feel a complete night and day difference and that's not always the case. So being that these actually introduced no additional NVH and the ride quality feels like a Lexus, I would say these should have probably come on the damn car from the factory. Not only would this have prevented inner tire wear but the typical Lexus crowd would not notice any additional uncomforts driving their luxury performance car . To the REVERSE, if I would have installed them and they introduced a ton of NVH, then I would probably say this is not good... so I think overall the fact that I know they are preventing premature tire wear but other than that, go unnoticed is probably the better and safer bet for me. If I started turning my RCF into what my STi is then I would be trying to turn it back into stock form.

-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 09-04-21 at 08:27 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by nigel821:
05RollaXRS (09-04-21), JT2MA71 (09-19-21)
Old 09-04-21, 09:07 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Great insight Nigel. Would be interesting to see if you feel more difference after an alignment? I am leaning more towards the RR racing street and track version, which is probably a bit stiffer than the FIGS super pro. Thanks.
Old 09-18-21, 10:46 PM
buister
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

My Figs LCA bushings were sitting on the shelf for a while and finally got installed last week. Unlike Nigel, I've been driving my car almost everyday for 3 years, so I can definitely tell the difference with this mod. The steering response is a bit sharper, or less backlash. The nose seems to be flatter on turns as if I have a stiffer front sway bar. This I really like because I always thought this car had too much roll for my taste. I have Swift springs by the way. I also experienced some change in the braking. The car's nose dips on hard braking as if the front brakes suddenly got more grip. I too think the car should have come like this stock. It's a performance sport coupe for crying out loud.
05RollaXRS (09-18-21)
Old 09-18-21, 11:00 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by buister
My Figs LCA bushings were sitting on the shelf for a while and finally got installed last week. Unlike Nigel, I've been driving my car almost everyday for 3 years, so I can definitely tell the difference with this mod. The steering response is a bit sharper, or less backlash. The nose seems to be flatter on turns as if I have a stiffer front sway bar. This I really like because I always thought this car had too much roll for my taste. I have Swift springs by the way. I also experienced some change in the braking. The car's nose dips on hard braking as if the front brakes suddenly got more grip. I too think the car should have come like this stock. It's a performance sport coupe for crying out loud.
Thanks for the feedback. I am leaning more towards RR racing. I might it order it in the next few months, but I will put them on next spring when I take it for my next service/maintenance in 2022.

My RCF is close to brand-new with only 9k miles on it so all parts are still tight and stiff. I am really happy with the OEM suspension so I cannot speak to the swift springs. I have aggressive tire setup I am running at 38F/40R capable of very high loads without flexing on the inner/outer wall so it took away my any noticeable body roll that the OEM softer PSS had under high corner loads, which was a squishy tire I disliked when I purchased the car. Now, even turning at 75 mph the front end and chassis is frighteningly flat so much so that I don't know where the breakaway limit. The steering feels very heavy at that speed/g-load, but nothing about what is happening with the tires as the steering feel is lacking a bit. That is what I am hoping the bushing would do and give me a bit more feedback into the steering of how much traction I have left. The suspension and G forces are usually telling me I am safe and within the limits, but the steering is simply not telling me where I am on the limit of adhesion and feels numb and heavy. It is nice to know you are feeling the car is flatter with the bushing so I will see how it changes cornering attitude of the car. However, the biggest strongest point for me is to reduce the numbness of the steering. If I see other benefits then that would be a big plus.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 11-14-22 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-19-21, 09:38 AM
djl
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice MaxJax, I have the exact same one, best $2k ever spent and has easily paid for itself.
nigel821 (09-19-21)
Old 09-19-21, 09:47 AM
JT2MA71
Forum Moderator

Received 1,600 Likes on 699 Posts

Originally Posted by buister
May I ask which stiffer sway bar you have? Do you have both front and rear? Thanks.
Old 09-19-21, 10:14 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by djl
Nice MaxJax, I have the exact same one, best $2k ever spent and has easily paid for itself.
It's definitely pad for itself many times over. I've had it for 8-9 years now. Had I known I was going to do a high track garage doors I would have purchased the Triumph c7000. It lifts the car higher and has a greater weight capacity but other than that Maxjax definitely is nice for garages. I drilled two more holes in my columns to have more lifting points which defintely helped! The newer maxjax system when I checked was something like $3k+... I bought this off a forum member on my garage board years ago for something like $1500 or right around that. So it was too good to pass up for being brand new/never used!

-Nigel
Old 09-19-21, 12:41 PM
buister
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
May I ask which stiffer sway bar you have? Do you have both front and rear? Thanks.
I don't have the aftermarket sway bar. I meant it feels like it. I did the sway bar mod on both of my old IS's so I know what it feels like.