RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

How well does a stock RCF handle?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-21, 11:40 AM
DenSmith
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexAviles
Camaro or RCF? How is that a question? 😆 I don’t know how you’ll find one for the same price as a Camaro but if you do buy the **** out of it right away.
I am a car an motorcycle enthusiast, and for someone who has an affinity for things that are unique, I would say this car gets all the points for this segment. As far as handling, the car is familiar, but better, than your typical high horse American muscle. The handling is great but where it lacks is that it’s steering feel is vague from the soft bushings and the car seems to track groves in pavement on the stock tires. But, big but, there are small upgrades that can make this car handle much better, quite easily and most owners with a set of wrenches make these adjustments themselves. (I think lexus went a little on the comfort side thinking people would tune them more but the market for people tuning 90k cars isn’t what they thought it would be. Hence the new gr86 practically being a mini RCF now)
The RCF is just now starting to get attention from reviewers but all of the early reviews were negatively influenced by Clarksons terrible review of the F saying there’s not enough LFA dna in it. I mean who is going to disagree with him? It never really got a fair shake which leads to another downside; no one knows what it is. I can go to car shows, be the only one there in a RCF with thousands of cars and maybe a handful of people know the difference between a F car and a F Sport car. All in all I am very happy owning an RCF and think you would be too.
You're on to something there, I also think brand new at $70,000 it's got some tough competition, but a 2015 used at $36,500? Nothing used or new at that price can offer the same excitement and used ones can be in near new condition even if 5 years old.
The following 4 users liked this post by DenSmith:
AlexAviles (06-17-21), CinFulxgs (06-17-21), cvt (06-17-21), Yri (06-17-21)