RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Fuji Speedway matte paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-21, 04:28 PM
DallasStar
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuji Speedway matte paint

Anybody out there with the Artic Blast (matte white) F? Curious to know how you’re washing and what products you’re using?
Old 07-04-21, 09:08 PM
ALargeTom
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasStar
Anybody out there with the Artic Blast (matte white) F? Curious to know how you’re washing and what products you’re using?
recommend you get a ppf wrap, at least full front wrap . I drove 900mile in last 2 days. Uncountable bugs all over the car. Some of them are orange 🍊, and green. And I believe my ppf protected rock chip in last two days.
There was a c43 white in my place, at least 15 rock chips on his front bumper. I could see those black dot from 2 meters away.
Old 07-04-21, 09:45 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,802 Posts

@sensai has the Arctic blast RCF TE. I tagged him.
Old 07-05-21, 07:36 AM
DallasStar
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ALargeTom
recommend you get a ppf wrap, at least full front wrap . I drove 900mile in last 2 days. Uncountable bugs all over the car. Some of them are orange 🍊, and green. And I believe my ppf protected rock chip in last two days.
There was a c43 white in my place, at least 15 rock chips on his front bumper. I could see those black dot from 2 meters away.

thanks - yes going to do a full POE but no appointments available till August so trying not to drive it.
Old 07-06-21, 11:59 AM
sensai
Advanced

Received 662 Likes on 230 Posts

congrat's man! post a pic, let's see that bad boy! i've experienced most of the hate for the car coming from other F owners so just a heads up. some take every opportunity to hate on it. i just brush it off...it's kinda weird.

i did full car ppf. xpel ultimate gloss for everything glossy like cf and xpel ultimate stealth for the arctic blast pieces b/c chips and scratches would be difficult to fix. ceramicpro on top of ppf. the paint is supposed to be low maintenance and even ok for automatic touch/touchless car washes...still wldnt recommend it. washing technique is pretty straightforward. no fancy chemicals. i follow the same for some of our other cars (including those left outside) and get A+ report cards from my detailer during annual maintenance.

every 2 - 4 weeks
  • prep: leaf blower before washing to blow off extra dirt/dust
  • rinse: power washer from a distance using soft water - start with roof, hood, trunk lid and wing working way top down
  • foam: apply using a foam adapter with a premium pH balanced non-detergent wash soap, currently using meguiar's gold class
  • hand wash: 2 buckets for the car (1 for each side), 1 bucket for the wheels, clean microfiber wash pads - rinsed through the process to remove dirt
  • rinse: power washer from a distance using soft water - start with roof, hood, trunk lid and wing working way top down
  • leaf blower to dry - top down again
  • clean microfiber to dry off as needed or to remove any spotting (soft water so comes right off)
  • similar for wheels which were also ceramicpro coated
any spot cleaning in between washes i use 419 waterless wash generously and clean microfiber towels (1 micofiber to wipe off and 1 to buff)

any bird poop and bug guts gets cleaned off right away. good luck!
The following users liked this post:
sqlboy2000 (07-06-21)
Old 07-06-21, 07:52 PM
DallasStar
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the details- you have a great process! Will post pics soon!
Old 07-07-21, 08:15 AM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by sensai
congrat's man! post a pic, let's see that bad boy! i've experienced most of the hate for the car coming from other F owners so just a heads up. some take every opportunity to hate on it. i just brush it off...it's kinda weird.

i did full car ppf. xpel ultimate gloss for everything glossy like cf and xpel ultimate stealth for the arctic blast pieces b/c chips and scratches would be difficult to fix. ceramicpro on top of ppf. the paint is supposed to be low maintenance and even ok for automatic touch/touchless car washes...still wldnt recommend it. washing technique is pretty straightforward. no fancy chemicals. i follow the same for some of our other cars (including those left outside) and get A+ report cards from my detailer during annual maintenance.

every 2 - 4 weeks
  • prep: leaf blower before washing to blow off extra dirt/dust
  • foam: apply using a foam adapter with a premium pH balanced non-detergent wash soap, currently using meguiar's gold class
  • hand wash: 2 buckets for the car (1 for each side), 1 bucket for the wheels, clean microfiber wash pads - rinsed through the process to remove dirt
  • leaf blower to dry - top down again
  • clean microfiber to dry off as needed or to remove any spotting (soft water so comes right off)
  • similar for wheels which were also ceramicpro coated
any spot cleaning in between washes i use 419 waterless wash generously and clean microfiber towels (1 micofiber to wipe off and 1 to buff)

any bird poop and bug guts gets cleaned off right away. good luck!
This needs to be a sticky somewhere for PPF care, awesome!
Old 07-07-21, 05:06 PM
sensai
Advanced

Received 662 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasStar
Thanks for all the details- you have a great process! Will post pics soon!
thanks! i learned it all from the detailing section of this forum and folks like @JT2MA71 who shares knowledge so freely...i feel like i owe him consultation fees. lol.
Old 07-07-21, 06:28 PM
CK9887
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

My car has PPF on most of it and was ceramic coated a few years ago, I also use beadmaker as a maintenance topper. In the 2+ years of ownership, I have only had to use a wash mitt on it twice.

My technique is pretty much the same as Sensai's, just without the handwashing step. I use the pressure washer for my initial rinse, then hit it with the foam cannon (Chemical Guys Honeydew Snowfoam) and rinse, then the leaf blower to dry. Of course I'll have to spot wipe some small areas that accumulate dirt/grime and I'll spot dry areas that the leaf blower can't get....But the majority of the car never sees a mitt or towel. Obviously the less you actually touch the paint surface when washing, the less chance for swirls and scratches.

Maybe I'm a bit OCD and obviously I have to use a microfiber to apply the beadmaker... but I figured why put a mitt or towel on the car when washing if not needed, ceramic coating makes this possible.

Also, I should add that the wheels definitely take some hands on washing with a mitt, due to all the brake dust.

Last edited by CK9887; 07-08-21 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-12-21, 01:26 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Found this video on how to care for and clean the matte paint on RCF TE