RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Stratus Gray Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-21, 06:41 PM
Ab175
Intermediate

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Stratus Gray Leather Interior

Does anyone else here have a Stratus Gray interior? I know that the Circuit red is often considered the most desirable of the pre-facelift interior colors but I found stratus gray seriously attractive when I learned that it existed. When I set out searching for an RC F I initially had my sights set on one with the red interior, but, I stumbled across one with the gray interior and completely fell in love with it. It seems to be by far the rarest of the pre-facelift interior colors as I have only seen a handful of other RC Fs with the gray.

Old 07-09-21, 07:06 PM
baboya96
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

I would be worried of any stain getting on it. Or showing more wear/tear than circuit red or black leather. I had circuit red when i had my RCF and it provided that contrast with exterior color very well. Personally i would stay away from this gray/white leather simply because it wouldn’t last as long aesthetically.
Old 07-09-21, 08:11 PM
CK9887
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

I have it in mine, love it. It contrast well with the rest of the interior and really makes the seats stand out. Also, they’re definitely more on the white side than gray.

My car is a 2015 with 21k miles, no issues with any wear or staining up to this point.
Old 07-09-21, 08:31 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,795 Posts

Originally Posted by CK9887
I have it in mine, love it. It contrast well with the rest of the interior and really makes the seats stand out. Also, they’re definitely more on the white side than gray.

My car is a 2015 with 21k miles, no issues with any wear or staining up to this point.
Interesting, you guys in the US got Molten Pearl with Stratus Grey? I never knew that was an option probably because all of the Molten Pearls sold had here black interior. Not that I am complaining as I have grown to like the black interior a lot especially with the tint making the interior very dim even during the day.
Old 07-09-21, 09:36 PM
Ab175
Intermediate

Originally Posted by baboya96
I would be worried of any stain getting on it. Or showing more wear/tear than circuit red or black leather. I had circuit red when i had my RCF and it provided that contrast with exterior color very well. Personally i would stay away from this gray/white leather simply because it wouldn’t last as long aesthetically.
Just crossed over 38k on my RC F, no stains or anything showing anywhere on the leather. Similarly, I have a white interior in both my 2014 and 2018 GXs. The 2014 is about to tick over 145k, I have owned it since new and it has zero stains anywhere on the seats. I think people are overly fearful of light seat colors, having owned multiple cars with white interiors I have never suffered from the seats staining very easily.
Old 07-09-21, 09:41 PM
Ab175
Intermediate

Originally Posted by baboya96
Just crossed over 38k on my RC F, no stains or anything showing anywhere on the leather. Similarly, I have a white interior in both my 2014 and 2018 GXs. The 2014 is about to tick over 145k, I have owned it since new and it has zero stains anywhere on the seats. I think people are overly fearful of light seat colors, having owned multiple cars with white interiors I have never suffered from the seats staining very easily. That being said if you prefer having a darker interior because it provides you some extra peace of mind that it won't stain then that is understandable.
Old 07-09-21, 09:43 PM
AlexAviles
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 81 Posts

I wish! That’s beautiful. The car could use more light inside and the brighter interior probably makes it a more lively place to be.
Old 07-09-21, 09:53 PM
Ab175
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AlexAviles
I wish! That’s beautiful. The car could use more light inside and the brighter interior probably makes it a more lively place to be.
The lighter color really goes a long way in making the cabin feel a little more spacious! I ended up choosing the gray over black because I felt that the black interior was closing in on me, I am used to much bigger vehicles so the gray really helped me feel more at home.
Old 07-10-21, 08:55 AM
SC430inVA
Pit Crew

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

I have the gray interior and love it. I like the contrast with the USB. In addition to opening up the light inside the cabin, they are cooler in the summer heat.
Old 07-10-21, 09:30 AM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Interesting, you guys in the US got Molten Pearl with Stratus Grey? I never knew that was an option probably because all of the Molten Pearls sold had here black interior. Not that I am complaining as I have grown to like the black interior a lot especially with the tint making the interior very dim even during the day.
Example for you Rolla: Used 2015 Lexus RC | Carvana
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (07-10-21)
Old 07-10-21, 09:31 AM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts

I love it as well, however much like Rolla I've grown to love the black interior. Never thought that would happen but it has.
Still think red and grey are great interior colors though.
Old 07-10-21, 10:07 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,795 Posts

Originally Posted by sqlboy2000
Example for you Rolla: Used 2015 Lexus RC | Carvana
Thanks for that. Now I know. On a side note, that 2015 Molten Pearl RCF carbon/TVD price is nearly $50K with 22K miles. How market has shifted recently.
sqlboy2000 (07-10-21)
Old 07-12-21, 05:57 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts

The gray is a very nice color honestly. I can't stand all black interiors. It's too plain for me. I used to like nothing but black and hated everything else. Then when I got our Mercedes with a gray interior I've never like black since. On my 2020 I got the white/black seats which is a nice contrast. Red looks nice but is done everywhere. The above pictures of the gray look super nice. It's a very subtle/classy look honestly. Just like what others have mentioned it does brighten the interior.

As much as I'd like the carbon package I'd loose the moon roof. I use the moon roof every time and or open the shade just to let more light in. It's such a drastic difference to me having light come in from the top making the interior not feel so cramped/closed off. The gray seats I would imagine would have that same experience.

-Nigel
Old 07-12-21, 02:10 PM
CK9887
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS

Yea, I love the Stratus Gray with the Molten Pearl.... Although when I was shopping, I would have been fine with the black interior too.
05RollaXRS (07-12-21)
Old 07-13-21, 05:50 AM
OldManRCF
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

i have the white / stratus grey combo and love it. To be honest, all of the colors look amazing, the design of the seats in general is top tier regardless which color you apply to it. The stratus grey interior was a leather upgrade for premium models and is quite rare within the RC F collection. It does have a "white" appearance through pictures but it is a beautiful grey in person.
sqlboy2000 (07-13-21)

Quick Reply: Stratus Gray Leather Interior