RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Carpocalypse is upon us.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-21, 02:40 PM
Klemgold
Driver School Candidate

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bob67
Why do some owners sell their RCF's? Because they need rotors, pads, and tires, then found out how much it would cost to replace them!
If I was looking for a used RCF, first questions I would ask is condition of rotors, pads, and tires, and also what options the car is equipped with. Paying 50G for a 2015 for a almost basic optioned car that needs brake work, and tires, ain't no deal!
Or learn to do brakes yourself. Literally 4 bolts to get your brakes off. So crazy simple.

Tires - can’t help you there. Yikes.
Old 08-24-21, 06:48 PM
DrElvee
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah I was there about a week ago and it does have Perf. package and all the popular options.
Crazy thing is when I was in the market for a 2020 (literally weeks ago) I saw 2020s with 30k miles go for $62k WITH carbon package, and you get alot more carbon on 2020 than a 2015.
Its not just Lexus of Roseville or Sacramento even, its just California. Its a very competitive market here and people got free money to throw on top of what they were initially planning to spend.
When I went to Chevy to look at the 2020 Vette, they essentially laughed at me when I asked if they had on in the showroom. And its common place to see $40,000 "Market Adjustment" on top end cars.
Old 08-27-21, 09:00 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by bob67
Why do some owners sell their RCF's? Because they need rotors, pads, and tires, then found out how much it would cost to replace them!
If I was looking for a used RCF, first questions I would ask is condition of rotors, pads, and tires, and also what options the car is equipped with. Paying 50G for a 2015 for a almost basic optioned car that needs brake work, and tires, ain't no deal!
It's funny you say this...lol. This was the EXACT reason why I choose not to buy a used 2014 e63s that had carbon ceramic brakes. The previous owner told me that the pads have been replaced already once. Normally when it's time to do pads again the rotors are replaced as per MB specs... Sometimes not but the majority of times the rotors fall below the weight spec and they need to be replaced. At first I didn't think much about it until I really researched. To get new rotors were MB specific. Yes I could replace the CCB to steel but it would still be around $4k+ just for rotors and not counting pads. When I searched for replacment CC rotors, they were roughly $3200-3,500 PER rotor. Now factoring in the cost of the car and the eventual rotor/brake change it was just silly to think I would be spending $12k to replace brake rotors... As much as I STILL want an e63s, some of the costs are definitely insane. I don't see that with the RCF however. I am actually wishing I could replace my rotors now to GiriDiscs but it's silly to change rotors on a car that has 145 miles just to do it. Later maybe.

-Nigel
Old 08-28-21, 07:31 AM
bob67
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
It's funny you say this...lol. This was the EXACT reason why I choose not to buy a used 2014 e63s that had carbon ceramic brakes. The previous owner told me that the pads have been replaced already once. Normally when it's time to do pads again the rotors are replaced as per MB specs... Sometimes not but the majority of times the rotors fall below the weight spec and they need to be replaced. At first I didn't think much about it until I really researched. To get new rotors were MB specific. Yes I could replace the CCB to steel but it would still be around $4k+ just for rotors and not counting pads. When I searched for replacment CC rotors, they were roughly $3200-3,500 PER rotor. Now factoring in the cost of the car and the eventual rotor/brake change it was just silly to think I would be spending $12k to replace brake rotors... As much as I STILL want an e63s, some of the costs are definitely insane. I don't see that with the RCF however. I am actually wishing I could replace my rotors now to GiriDiscs but it's silly to change rotors on a car that has 145 miles just to do it. Later maybe.

-Nigel
Good story... Reason I bought my 2015 RCF was that it looked brand new even at 30,000 miles.
AND... since it jsut turned 30,000 miles, dealership replaced all rotors, all brake pads, and put on 4 new tires.