RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2 year Lexus RCF ownership experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-21, 11:19 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 778 Likes on 482 Posts

I can't tell you how many times people are like RCF's are over priced...yada yada yada... Get a mustang that is faster...etc.

People just don't get it. They look at power only and figure that's the only thing that matters. I like Mustangs but they are EVERYWHERE. Sorry but I like driving a car that I never see around. The fact that I know there are less than 300 of my year floating about is nice. It means I won't see it everywhere. It sucks with aftermarket things because the lack there of and the price, but at the same time anyone that gets in my car is always like, "wow, this is so nice", "what is this car?"... no one knows what the hell it is.

Everyone always compare it to m3's or mustangs and this or that. It's a different type of car. I can say that it should be a reliable piece, that isn't going to give me nightmares of if it's going to start, or what is going to break...etc. It's a Toyota. Everyone always says that as a negative to me and I just smile and say yes, that's ONE of the reasons I bought it.

In the end, everyone will have opinion about it good or bad. IDGAF anymore what people think about 99% of stuff. It's actually nice. I wish I would have told my younger self this advice as I'd be even more no f's given about stuff..lol

We have nice cars. At the end of the day there is zero denying that. Toyota reliability. Close to 500hp. Naturally aspirated, and something you don't see on the road all the time. Yep all that works for me!

-Nigel
The following 4 users liked this post by nigel821:
Julsmcduls (09-23-21), RandallNYC (09-21-21), SiouxU (09-21-21), Yri (09-20-21)
Old 09-20-21, 11:38 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Looks awesome. For sure, exhaust would be the first one everyone goes for. It gains you a decent 18 whp and the exhaust sound that is so lacking on the stock RCF is immediately fixed. You will get a lot more of the V8 sound from the back in addition to the induction noise. Depending on your budget and sound preference, there are lots of options available. There are several other rather cheap mods you can do. I created this following thread exactly for that purpose for new owners:

List and rate your own modifications - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Originally Posted by Blurk19
Only a K&N filter and an oil catch can so far. What should be next?

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 09-20-21 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-20-21, 04:38 PM
Blurk19
8th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Thanks

Sounds good, thanks!

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Looks awesome. For sure, exhaust would be the first one everyone goes for. It gains you a decent 18 whp and the exhaust sound that is so lacking on the stock RCF is immediately fixed. You will get a lot more of the V8 sound from the back in addition to the induction noise. Depending on your budget and sound preference, there are lots of options available. There are several other rather cheap mods you can do. I created this following thread exactly for that purpose for new owners:

List and rate your own modifications - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion