RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Used RC F prices in 2021 and 2020

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-21, 04:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Originally Posted by x360box

Here it is. Has 6,100 miles. Red is stunning under the sun, can't compete with the molten perl but I don't want the attention.
Looks great! Awesome pictures.
Old 11-03-21, 06:36 PM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by x360box
Does anyone have an opinion on how much the RC Fs have gone up in price after the chip shortage came to light? Is it worth shopping now for one or wait until shortage is resolved which I understand will last well into 2022 and beyond.
The market is nuts. In August I sold my '20 back to the dealer for $69K, he resold it within a month for sticker
The following 2 users liked this post by EJC:
05RollaXRS (11-03-21), NewLexGuy (11-03-21)
Old 04-01-23, 04:51 AM
Drug350
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Just Picked Up My First RC F

I live in Minnesota and I've been looking for several months for a really clean, well equipped, RCF for around 50K. A local Jaguar Dealer took this 2018 RCF on a trade in back in early January. It has every option accept the torque vectoring and 12,990 miles on it. Clean car fax, clear bra across the entire front end, ceramic coated, and 30% tint on the windows. Dealer originally had it listed for 59,999.00 in January, but here in cold, snowy, Minnesota, 2 WD sports cars don't sell real well. I watched it drop, week after week on Car Fax, down to 53,999.00 here late in March, and I decided to make him an offer of 50K, being that it's now almost April and he still had it. I wasn't expecting him to accept the offer, but low and behold he did. Just picked it up yesterday. Car is as close to new as could be possible. I'm in love with this car. I definitely see myself upgrading to a newer version in a few years. I had originally been looking for an Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400, but this Lexus RCF offered so much more for my money. Original window sticker attached below with all options totaled $76,610.00
Strange how the window sticker at the top states "Infrared" yet in the options it shows "special color - Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 = $595.00"
Attached Files
The following 4 users liked this post by Drug350:
1wacko (04-20-23), BS ISF (04-03-23), CAHWY128 (04-19-23), SideOfRice (04-20-23)
Old 04-01-23, 06:41 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

$10K off ($50K) is a very good deal for a low mileage, 2018 model year. Typically 2015 or 2016s with decent mileage especially with CF/TVD go for around that price. Congratulations. Put it in SPORT+ and MANUAL mode for spirited driving. It really wakes up the car. Ask any questions about your new RCF, if have any.

Originally Posted by Drug350

I live in Minnesota and I've been looking for several months for a really clean, well equipped, RCF for around 50K. A local Jaguar Dealer took this 2018 RCF on a trade in back in early January. It has every option accept the torque vectoring and 12,990 miles on it. Clean car fax, clear bra across the entire front end, ceramic coated, and 30% tint on the windows. Dealer originally had it listed for 59,999.00 in January, but here in cold, snowy, Minnesota, 2 WD sports cars don't sell real well. I watched it drop, week after week on Car Fax, down to 53,999.00 here late in March, and I decided to make him an offer of 50K, being that it's now almost April and he still had it. I wasn't expecting him to accept the offer, but low and behold he did. Just picked it up yesterday. Car is as close to new as could be possible. I'm in love with this car. I definitely see myself upgrading to a newer version in a few years. I had originally been looking for an Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400, but this Lexus RCF offered so much more for my money. Original window sticker attached below with all options totaled $76,610.00
Strange how the window sticker at the top states "Infrared" yet in the options it shows "special color - Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 = $595.00"
The following users liked this post:
Drug350 (04-01-23)
Old 04-01-23, 07:05 PM
Drug350
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts

I absolutely LOVE this car. I'm in my mid 50's, and my days of "hot rods" and "crotch rockets" has been over for awhile. I looked at M4's and Audi's, and the BMW M4 may be a few tenths quicker in "0 - 60 times" and on the track, but I don't really care about "tenths" as much as I care about comfort and looks and in that department, in my humble opinion, the RC F stands out. Plus, you rarely ever see these so it garners attention from the general public as well as friends and family.
As far as Sport +, it's funny you spoke about it like that because I was a little bit disappointed when I drove the car in normal or Sport and stepped on it. But then I did the same thing in Sport + and I was like "holy sh_t!!!! This is what they're talking about". It's such a difference. The shifts become amazing too. I'm so impressed with this car. Add to that, the fact that these RC F's can be had for quite a bit below Kelly BB value vs the BMW's which all were equal to or above KBB. It just makes buying these a really good deal. I mean, compared to the Infinite Q60 Red Sport 400's that I was considering, the Lexus offers so much more. The beautiful dash in the Lexus alone looks so good compared to the standard dash in the Infinite, add Brembo Brakes, BBS forged wheels, V8, Alcantara, carbon fiber, movable wing, and gorgeous LED lights, and it was a no brainer. The Infiniti's I was looking at were between 47 - 50K, though they were newer 2020's, they all had higher mileage. I'm so happy with this purchase. It's a beautiful car.
The following 3 users liked this post by Drug350:
05RollaXRS (04-01-23), CAHWY128 (04-19-23), x360box (04-03-23)
Old 04-01-23, 09:27 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Drug350
I absolutely LOVE this car. I'm in my mid 50's, and my days of "hot rods" and "crotch rockets" has been over for awhile. I looked at M4's and Audi's, and the BMW M4 may be a few tenths quicker in "0 - 60 times" and on the track, but I don't really care about "tenths" as much as I care about comfort and looks and in that department, in my humble opinion, the RC F stands out. Plus, you rarely ever see these so it garners attention from the general public as well as friends and family.
As far as Sport +, it's funny you spoke about it like that because I was a little bit disappointed when I drove the car in normal or Sport and stepped on it. But then I did the same thing in Sport + and I was like "holy sh_t!!!! This is what they're talking about". It's such a difference. The shifts become amazing too. I'm so impressed with this car. Add to that, the fact that these RC F's can be had for quite a bit below Kelly BB value vs the BMW's which all were equal to or above KBB. It just makes buying these a really good deal. I mean, compared to the Infinite Q60 Red Sport 400's that I was considering, the Lexus offers so much more. The beautiful dash in the Lexus alone looks so good compared to the standard dash in the Infinite, add Brembo Brakes, BBS forged wheels, V8, Alcantara, carbon fiber, movable wing, and gorgeous LED lights, and it was a no brainer. The Infiniti's I was looking at were between 47 - 50K, though they were newer 2020's, they all had higher mileage. I'm so happy with this purchase. It's a beautiful car.
Yeah, a lot of parameters are changed in SPORT+ and MANUAL mode gives you very crisp rev-matches on downshifts. In SPORT+, following parameters are changed:

- Steering tightens up and becomes heavier/more direct.
- Shifts become faster
- EBFDS (brakes) becomes more boosted
- Throttle response becomes more immediate in the initial few millimeters
- AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension) goes into the stiffest settings and is in soft settings in the SPORT/NORMAL/ECO (2017+ model years as the 2015 - 2016 had fixed rebound/compression rate dampers)

BTW, RCF seems be very close to the older F80/F30 M3/M4 or the new G-series 473 HP M3/M4 despite what you might read in the newspaper. Real world is quite different from what some magazines claim (and BMW also seems to provide press ringers as it is well known). In the past, the IS350 vs 335i and ISF vs E90/E92 M3 were the same story as well.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-01-23 at 09:32 PM.
Drug350 (04-01-23)
Old 04-02-23, 11:59 AM
twitchy15
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yeah, a lot of parameters are changed in SPORT+ and MANUAL mode gives you very crisp rev-matches on downshifts. In SPORT+, following parameters are changed:

- Steering tightens up and becomes heavier/more direct.
- Shifts become faster
- EBFDS (brakes) becomes more boosted
- Throttle response becomes more immediate in the initial few millimeters
- AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension) goes into the stiffest settings and is in soft settings in the SPORT/NORMAL/ECO (2017+ model years as the 2015 - 2016 had fixed rebound/compression rate dampers)

BTW, RCF seems be very close to the older F80/F30 M3/M4 or the new G-series 473 HP M3/M4 despite what you might read in the newspaper. Real world is quite different from what some magazines claim (and BMW also seems to provide press ringers as it is well known). In the past, the IS350 vs 335i and ISF vs E90/E92 M3 were the same story as well.
hey I am also in Calgary and interested in a used rcf.

what are some of your maintenance costs here in Calgary? Like brake job and oil changes?
Old 04-02-23, 03:59 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by twitchy15
hey I am also in Calgary and interested in a used rcf.

what are some of your maintenance costs here in Calgary? Like brake job and oil changes?
Hey man,

My car is still on OEM brakes after 7 years or so. It still has 20,000 KM on it as it is just my hobby car. I have an IS350 F-Sport and an RX450h that are mostly used. So, my brakes are still OEM. Have not replaced them and possibly can get 1 or 2 more seasons out of them (unless I take it to the RMM race track). I have brake fluid flush this year, which will be around $200 or so. I will get the RR racing BBK once it is time to replace the brakes as they are 37 lbs lighter. OEM Brembos replacement cost around $3200, but they last a very long time like my OEM are still going strong. My OEM Pilot Super Sports wore out pretty quickly so I put Pilot Sport 4S (XL) tires on it, which cost me $2100 installed from Kal tire (32nd Avenue location).

Other than that, it is just typical maintenance stuff. I take it to Lexus of Royal Oak and the maintenance is usually once a year for me as I drive only in spring/summer. Depending on the maint4enance schedule, it cost be between $170 for an oil change and basic stuff (including the full detail they offer) to about $500 if there is a big maintenance inspection scheduled etc. It is not much different than my other two Lexus cars that have the same basic maintenance cost. Never had any issues so nothing had to be replaced or repaired on the car. To be upfront, majority of my RCF costs are actually the aftermarket parts I have purchased and installed. Gas is about $110 to fill it with Octane 94 (PetroCanada) and it lasts me a while since I don't drive the RCF that often. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-02-23 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-19-23, 07:49 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Depreciation on the RC/RCF is amongst the lowest for Lexus unlike other Lexus models. That’s the main reason I decided to buy new. New car prices are crazy…near 50k for a loaded Honda Accord and 60k for a loaded Odyssey minivan! Not only do the automakers equip models with all options to pad their profits, the dealer then does the same thing and adds on another $2-3k of accessories and packages like long-life detailing, dent/spill protection, etc.
CAHWY128 (04-20-23)
Old 04-19-23, 11:02 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jim_Chow
Depreciation on the RC/RCF is amongst the lowest for Lexus unlike other Lexus models. That’s the main reason I decided to buy new. New car prices are crazy…near 50k for a loaded Honda Accord and 60k for a loaded Odyssey minivan! Not only do the automakers equip models with all options to pad their profits, the dealer then does the same thing and adds on another $2-3k of accessories and packages like long-life detailing, dent/spill protection, etc.
From my personal experience, it is holding its value really well. Mine is still appraised at a higher value than what I paid for in 2017 mildly used.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-20-23 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-20-23, 05:05 AM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

I paid $76.1K plus $2k of stuff the dealer installed for my new 2022 premium version with all factory options including illuminated scuff plates (I would have installed ceramic tints anyways and like the cool L emblem lights in the door when you open them).
CAHWY128 (04-20-23)
Old 04-20-23, 07:16 AM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 596 Likes on 324 Posts

For a bunch of enthusiasts, there sure is a lot of hate on "new" prices of these cars, especially the Track/Fuji editions. Always a lot of talk about better cars for the money. I'm concerned that after this used price bubble bursts there's going to be a lot of hurt feelings come trade in time.
Old 04-20-23, 10:27 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by LoSt180
For a bunch of enthusiasts, there sure is a lot of hate on "new" prices of these cars, especially the Track/Fuji editions. Always a lot of talk about better cars for the money. I'm concerned that after this used price bubble bursts there's going to be a lot of hurt feelings come trade in time.
The bubble will never burst. This is the new normal. Thanks to the scamdemic, manufacturers have made more money than ever before while experiencing the perfect balance between supply and demand. They're going to keep supply low enough to continue this demand, which keeps used cars, especially between 2020-2023, in even higher demand.
The following 3 users liked this post by macmaster:
CAHWY128 (04-20-23), Drug350 (04-20-23), flipside909 (04-20-23)
Old 04-20-23, 11:49 AM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 345 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
The bubble will never burst. This is the new normal. Thanks to the scamdemic, manufacturers have made more money than ever before while experiencing the perfect balance between supply and demand. They're going to keep supply low enough to continue this demand, which keeps used cars, especially between 2020-2023, in even higher demand.

I agree. Simple supply and demand. Plus all new cars are over priced now. I see mark ups of 10K on KIA's these days. Plus the push to get electric cars will cut the supply of real cars with engines. I will try to drive gas cars until I die. If I can. I hate electric cars. I love winding out my Lexus with it's V-8. It just makes me happy. A Lexus RCF might just be gas car you can get 20 years of use out of.
The following 2 users liked this post by CAHWY128:
Drug350 (04-20-23), macmaster (04-21-23)
Old 04-20-23, 01:49 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

It's funny but there's a somewhat related thread to this in one of the FB RC F Owners groups. Some people very new to the game but claim to be experts in the industry LOL. RC F in general especially the Track/Fuji Editions generally have a low depreciation rate despite the downward trend in values. The Track/Fuji Editions are thankfully limited production so pricing will still be higher than their regular counterparts, and for good reason.

Quick Reply: Used RC F prices in 2021 and 2020