RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Any RC-F owners actually using Lexus Enform?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-21, 08:34 PM
omnikey
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any RC-F owners actually using Lexus Enform?!

Have any of you subscribed to Lexus Enform in your RC-F?
I have subscribed to Lexus Enform since I purchased my RC-F, its the one purchase I make that is a complete waste of money. I rarely have used the Enform app, since logins to the app expire quickly and the time it takes to log back in is too much of an inconvenience.
When I take the time to login to the app, the ability to remote start is always a crap shoot... best case 40% of the time, my car would start.
The app has altogether stopped working now, and Lexus has been unable to get it to work. I called many 800 numbers, getting passed around like a stray dog nobody wants.
The 3g sunset issue is the icing on the cake here...in other forums Lexus is truly despised for this, but when I bought my RC-F, I did not have any illusions that Lexus is even remotely capable of getting these systems right.
Some other forum users are asking / demanding that Lexus provide a 4G/LTE module, but I just don't see the point. Lexus will just screw this up.
Old 12-20-21, 11:46 PM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by omnikey
Have any of you subscribed to Lexus Enform in your RC-F?
I have subscribed to Lexus Enform since I purchased my RC-F, its the one purchase I make that is a complete waste of money. I rarely have used the Enform app, since logins to the app expire quickly and the time it takes to log back in is too much of an inconvenience.
When I take the time to login to the app, the ability to remote start is always a crap shoot... best case 40% of the time, my car would start.
The app has altogether stopped working now, and Lexus has been unable to get it to work. I called many 800 numbers, getting passed around like a stray dog nobody wants.
The 3g sunset issue is the icing on the cake here...in other forums Lexus is truly despised for this, but when I bought my RC-F, I did not have any illusions that Lexus is even remotely capable of getting these systems right.
Some other forum users are asking / demanding that Lexus provide a 4G/LTE module, but I just don't see the point. Lexus will just screw this up.
What’s Lexus Enform?
The following users liked this post:
SailorTPD (12-21-21)
Old 12-21-21, 04:49 AM
omnikey
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=lexus+enform
Old 12-21-21, 06:35 AM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts

No here, 2nd Lexus, never paid for it. Phone does pretty much everything.
Old 12-21-21, 06:41 AM
Louczar1
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I had considered subscribing to it. I heard the phone connection is crap and slow. Using the FOB to remote start would be the only part useful for me. $80 a year is a steep cost IMO
Old 12-21-21, 06:50 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

I use it all the time on my 2020 RC F and it's not my daily. $80 year is cheap ($0.22/day) considering some people pay $5+ a day for a cup of Starbucks almost everyday.
Old 12-21-21, 06:51 AM
Patton6964
Advanced

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

If you are looking for just the auto start feature, you can buy from 12 volt solutions here https://www.12volt.solutions/product...38078025629888

Plug & play kit that uses your factory key fob with 3 presses of the button. Cost is $250 ($225 with discount code right now) which is equivalent to 3 years of Enform.

I just purchased a kit from 12 volt myself.
Old 12-21-21, 07:06 AM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 345 Likes on 227 Posts

No subscription here. Could care less about the the features.
Old 12-21-21, 07:39 AM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 209 Likes on 81 Posts

I have not used it for my RCF (as much as I did for my RX). I am still trying to log into the app but Apple's new security settings isn't making it easy for Lexus. Just happy I can use the key fob to start him up
Old 12-21-21, 07:51 AM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 602 Likes on 327 Posts

I still use it actually. My garage is detached so it's easier to remote start via the app than try a few times to get the FOB to work. Also get alerts when my wife drives the car and forgets to lock the darn thing (my nightly routine is to hit the lock button on all the key fobs just in case). Plus since I don't drive it all the time it's neat for a quick glance on fuel level and mileage for maintenance. Definitely first world problems here since I've gotten along just fine, you know, looking at the car itself. The 2015 is too old for the full service connect features and reminders, as well as dynamic navigation. Really only losing remote start, remote lock/unlock, and the SOS button. Would be nice to keep it if Lexus came out with a 4G telematics unit retrofit.

Now the free Enform App Suite, yeah that's pretty useless.
Old 12-21-21, 01:21 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 775 Likes on 482 Posts

I used it for the first year to see the stats of the car. Then it ended and won't get renewed. My wife did the same thing with her NX back in 18'.

For both our vehicles we have the above 12v solution remote start. It's 100% plug and play and takes about 20 seconds to program once you hook everything up. Super easy and it works. Uses OEM key fobs and retains all the same features of the factory safety (annoying) features...lol

I can't see spending a yearly subscription to remote start the car unless you really need to be able to use your phone to start the car. I've only ever remote started the car within eye distance... I wouldn't start the car if I was sitting at work and the car was somewhere else...etc.
12v solutions normally runs a black Friday/Christmas sale, where you can get 15-25% off depending on the time. I have a 2020, and they were not sure if their remote start would work for the newer facelifted version so they gave me I believe 15% off plus free shipping to try it. Worked fine. It was the same damn unit that I installed in my wife's 18' NX minus a physical on/off button that you could deactivate the remote start when you wanted to. Now the newer design just uses a fuse.

I've never used the Enform App suite. that never looked appealing at all. Plus the apps look like poop.

-Nigel
Old 12-21-21, 02:22 PM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

One of the many pieces of paper the salesperson had me take home was a sheet with a scan code on it. I scanned it and it sent me to Lexus Enform. Never signed up for it, don't intend to sign up for it. I wish I knew why so many companies love to hook you for monthly payments? Must be lots of money involved because folks just sign up and forget about it. Most now want paperless billing so there is another way to keep you from noticing who is leeching your wealth. Didn't become rich by paying for frivolity.
Old 12-21-21, 10:53 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by SailorTPD
One of the many pieces of paper the salesperson had me take home was a sheet with a scan code on it. I scanned it and it sent me to Lexus Enform. Never signed up for it, don't intend to sign up for it. I wish I knew why so many companies love to hook you for monthly payments? Must be lots of money involved because folks just sign up and forget about it. Most now want paperless billing so there is another way to keep you from noticing who is leeching your wealth. Didn't become rich by paying for frivolity.
You do get it for 3 years complimentary on any new 2021 model. You only have to enter credit card info after your trial subscription ends.
Old 01-04-22, 07:10 PM
mistermatt
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

As Nigel said above, I also have the 12 Volt Solutions auto-starter on my 2019 RC350. Install took me about an hour. Was super meticulous with taking off the panels. Didn’t want to scratch anything. I couldn’t be happier. For $270, I am using the OEM auto starter that already comes installed with the car. Works like a charm every time & worth the money. Especially in these cold months. I couldn’t imagine paying for the crappy Enform app subscription.
Old 01-05-22, 10:33 AM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

Not on my F but did have it on the RX but barely used it. What a waste of money.