RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

I ceramic coated my RC F Matte Nebula Gray paint

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-21, 10:17 AM
Louczar1
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Default I ceramic coated my RC F Matte Nebula Gray paint

I found a guy on youtube that hs his own channel and nuilt his own high end detail shop in NY. I have watched many of his videos and am really impresed with his skills / products. People bring him some extremely rare / expensive cars to do. He even does barn finds. Anyways, I bought a 2019 10th anniversary edition like new a few months ago and have been looking for what would be the best paint protection. I did consider some clear PPF. I knew that waxing is not possible and started researching ceramic coats. I looked at a bunch of reviews and comparisons. I reached out to Larry of AMMO NYC (the guy with the detail shop videos) to ask about his ceramic coat product (he calls his reflex pro). I sent him a message in FB and he set up a call with me. We discussed my cars paint and his product. He asked me to watch a video he has posted on his youtube channel that was a purple mustang detail. The hood was a matte gray finish. That was exactly what I was looking for in info, details and the finer points. I talked to Larry again and he gave me some more precise details for my goal.

I treated my car with his reflex pro 2 days ago. Doing one panel at a time, Both of my adult daughters were over that day and came outside when the whole drivers side was done but the front fender and hood. They both noticed the slight increase in depth and color when looking at the difference of what was done and undone at that point. They both really liked it and I couyldn't agree more. I was really worried that a ceramic coat would change the color more than I wanted.

To be fair, this is my first time using any product of this type. Being able to talk to the guy who developed his own products and is trusted to use his products one million dollar cars is what made the difference for me to choose his products. I could not be anymore happy with how it turned out.

sorry. No pictures. I did not take any in process and it has been overcast / misting the last couple of days
The following users liked this post:
RCF240 (12-25-21)