RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2022 RCF Fuji edition in the flesh + pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-22, 01:39 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 532 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by sensai
maybe that was shimoyama? i like the fuji name better.
It was supposed to be a new track name for each year the Track Edition is offered.
The following 2 users liked this post by flipside909:
05RollaXRS (01-04-22), sensai (01-04-22)
Old 08-08-22, 11:06 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by bahrcf
That is the first place i looked amongst other places no trace of the plaque which made me think that the 50 units is North America but car is available in larger numbers outside the US
That's correct bro. The US market loves being different to cover up saving costs.
I bet the US spec cars lack options, too.
Old 08-09-22, 04:29 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 767 Likes on 477 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by designo
That's correct bro. The US market loves being different to cover up saving costs.
I bet the US spec cars lack options, too.
It's super annoying how we get a lack of options. Overseas you can get the carbon package which includes the hood without having to get the track edition and the huge rear wing. You can also get it with CCBs as well. They also come with power folding mirrors. Luckily I was able to retrofit the power folding mirrors on my face lifted rcf, but what a journey that was...

I think in the US market we are extremely cheap as a whole for vehicles. Other countries, for the GSF got the power rear sunshade and the power rear trunk... here, we did not (but you could get it on a normal GS). You mean to tell me someone paying $80k+ for the car isn't going to get it because it's $2k more for those options...etc. It's soooooooooooooooo annoying to me. Almost like why no car that I ever see on the lot has the $100 all weather package. You have someone dictating the options at the region where the car is going to. I wish Lexus would do what Porsche does when building cars. You get to pick and choose what options you want. Yes you WILL pay for them but you can have the car exactly how you want it.

-Nigel
Old 08-09-22, 05:19 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
It's super annoying how we get a lack of options. Overseas you can get the carbon package which includes the hood without having to get the track edition and the huge rear wing. You can also get it with CCBs as well. They also come with power folding mirrors. Luckily I was able to retrofit the power folding mirrors on my face lifted rcf, but what a journey that was...

I think in the US market we are extremely cheap as a whole for vehicles. Other countries, for the GSF got the power rear sunshade and the power rear trunk... here, we did not (but you could get it on a normal GS). You mean to tell me someone paying $80k+ for the car isn't going to get it because it's $2k more for those options...etc. It's soooooooooooooooo annoying to me. Almost like why no car that I ever see on the lot has the $100 all weather package. You have someone dictating the options at the region where the car is going to. I wish Lexus would do what Porsche does when building cars. You get to pick and choose what options you want. Yes you WILL pay for them but you can have the car exactly how you want it.

-Nigel
Do you have a write up for your power folding retrofit? Since we essentially share the same mirrors I'm wondering if we'll be able to do a retrofit on the IS. I assume it is possible, especially since the UAE spec of these cars has it.
Old 08-09-22, 06:51 AM
nigel821
Racer

I'll have a write up here shortly. I've been busy with other stuff and bought a CT200h so been modding that and it's been getting my attention..lol. I have to install PPF on the oem cf mirror caps that I have for the RCF. I took them off my non folding mirrors and just have to put them on the new mirror housings, then it's done.

With your IS you don't already have power folding? I thought IS's already were power folding? In terms of the RCF, all the wiring is already there. The door harness has all the wires but the USD mirrors are missing two pins/wires due to not having the motor. Where the EU mirrors have two pins/wires present. You need the two power folding mirrors with corresponding options that you car has, and the driver side window control switch. AUTO will not work since it isn't programmed into the module of the car but pushing the manual folding button folds the mirrors in and out. If there was a way to get a flash from the EU country to enable the option then locking/unlocking the car would fold the mirrors in and out. But as it sits I actually prefer that they don't always fold in and out when I lock and unlock. I disabled this feature on our Mercedes because I didn't want the wires to eventually break (which on the w211 platform, they do and it eventually happens).

Retrofitting power folding mirrors though wasn't cheap. Mid 4 figures...lol

-Nigel
Old 08-09-22, 07:04 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
I'll have a write up here shortly. I've been busy with other stuff and bought a CT200h so been modding that and it's been getting my attention..lol. I have to install PPF on the oem cf mirror caps that I have for the RCF. I took them off my non folding mirrors and just have to put them on the new mirror housings, then it's done.

With your IS you don't already have power folding? I thought IS's already were power folding? In terms of the RCF, all the wiring is already there. The door harness has all the wires but the USD mirrors are missing two pins/wires due to not having the motor. Where the EU mirrors have two pins/wires present. You need the two power folding mirrors with corresponding options that you car has, and the driver side window control switch. AUTO will not work since it isn't programmed into the module of the car but pushing the manual folding button folds the mirrors in and out. If there was a way to get a flash from the EU country to enable the option then locking/unlocking the car would fold the mirrors in and out. But as it sits I actually prefer that they don't always fold in and out when I lock and unlock. I disabled this feature on our Mercedes because I didn't want the wires to eventually break (which on the w211 platform, they do and it eventually happens).

Retrofitting power folding mirrors though wasn't cheap. Mid 4 figures...lol

-Nigel
You should've led with the mid 4 figures lmao. I will gladly fold them in myself and pocket the 4k. Unfortunately on the 2021+ IS, Lexus stripped a lot of the features that the IS already had, only to reintroduce them in subsequent model years. It wasn't until 2022 that the IS regained memory seats, powered steering wheel, and the powered rear sunshade. My car is a fully loaded spec but it doesn't have power folding mirrors, despite other regions having it since 2021. I suspect that the power folding mirrors will be one of the "changes" for the 2023 MY.
Old 08-09-22, 07:15 AM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
You should've led with the mid 4 figures lmao. I will gladly fold them in myself and pocket the 4k. Unfortunately on the 2021+ IS, Lexus stripped a lot of the features that the IS already had, only to reintroduce them in subsequent model years. It wasn't until 2022 that the IS regained memory seats, powered steering wheel, and the powered rear sunshade. My car is a fully loaded spec but it doesn't have power folding mirrors, despite other regions having it since 2021. I suspect that the power folding mirrors will be one of the "changes" for the 2023 MY.
I said two years ago I'd be the test guy so I was already committed to the cause..lol. I'm fortunate with where I am at now that it wasn't a big deal for price even though it was more than what I had thought initially.
That's the annoying part with Lexus that really is annoying how they do their options. Exactly what you stated and listed is why they have their heads up their butts half the time. I mean look how long it took them to integrate apple car play and android auto yet Toyota was doing it for years prior. You'd think the "Luxury" brand would get the perks and features first and standard... but Lexus/Toyota are all over the place half the time, it's very frustrating to see.

-Nigel
The following users liked this post:
TipsyTonio (08-09-22)