RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

How Long Have You Owned Your RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-22 | 08:34 AM
DenSmith
Pit Crew

Title: How to sqeeeeeeeze the most out of an RCF.

Got my CPO RCF in December 2021, so 13-14 ish months. I think it had 68,000 miles ish (stole it for $36,500), now it has 112,000! I definitely have way too many smile on face experiences with my RCF than most owners. I'm also probably maximizing the benefits of an unlimited mileage warranty.

Certainly went to the dealer for my 4 free services, then did a big nope to the dealer on further maintenance there. Being in a small town, my local guys charge me about $40 for a scheduled maintenance. The Lexus dealer tried to say, well, they must be using cheap oil and not doing everything we do, no, no, they do it all, to the shock of the dealer. This shop in my small town does free diagnostics, I even try to pay them for their time and they refuse money.. It's good to live in small town usa. Heck, had a guy install 6 ceiling fans in the house, took him 3 hours, he charged $120.

Anyway, the dealer is sure aggressive on tires and brakes, I've now used some tires and brakes for more than 30,000 miles beyond the mileage where the Lexus dealer was insisting I need new tires and brakes. I don't think this is every dealer, I know the Dallas Lexus dealers wouldn't try the full court press like this, but not every Lexus dealer is as good as the others.

Oh, I haven't had any problems with the car, zero. I really didn't expect any, wasn't even looking for a CPO per se, I've owned an LS430 and a SC430, same thing, no problems, I appreciate the reliability of Lexus for sure.
The following users liked this post:
vraa (02-07-22)
Old 02-06-22 | 09:24 AM
Ab175
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DenSmith
Title: How to sqeeeeeeeze the most out of an RCF.

Got my CPO RCF in December 2021, so 13-14 ish months. I think it had 68,000 miles ish (stole it for $36,500), now it has 112,000! I definitely have way too many smile on face experiences with my RCF than most owners. I'm also probably maximizing the benefits of an unlimited mileage warranty.

Certainly went to the dealer for my 4 free services, then did a big nope to the dealer on further maintenance there. Being in a small town, my local guys charge me about $40 for a scheduled maintenance. The Lexus dealer tried to say, well, they must be using cheap oil and not doing everything we do, no, no, they do it all, to the shock of the dealer. This shop in my small town does free diagnostics, I even try to pay them for their time and they refuse money.. It's good to live in small town usa. Heck, had a guy install 6 ceiling fans in the house, took him 3 hours, he charged $120.

Anyway, the dealer is sure aggressive on tires and brakes, I've now used some tires and brakes for more than 30,000 miles beyond the mileage where the Lexus dealer was insisting I need new tires and brakes. I don't think this is every dealer, I know the Dallas Lexus dealers wouldn't try the full court press like this, but not every Lexus dealer is as good as the others.

Oh, I haven't had any problems with the car, zero. I really didn't expect any, wasn't even looking for a CPO per se, I've owned an LS430 and a SC430, same thing, no problems, I appreciate the reliability of Lexus for sure.
wow you have driven 44k miles in 13 months! How long are you planning on keeping the RC F, I’m sure you will have one of the highest mileage ones very soon at this rate!
Old 02-06-22 | 03:54 PM
DenSmith
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Ab175
wow you have driven 44k miles in 13 months! How long are you planning on keeping the RC F, I’m sure you will have one of the highest mileage ones very soon at this rate!
I'll probably have December of this year as a time marker in my mind, that's when the warranty is up. I've had my mind set on an LC convertible for awhile, but if I still live the lifestyle I have now i wouldnt mile abuse an LC. Might get another RCF. I got this car partially because I had no fear of driving an rcf a lot, but in this time it's also grown on me, not many cars could replace it.
Old 02-16-22 | 04:13 PM
x360box
Pit Crew

If you don't look back at your car after you have parked it, you bought the wrong car!!!
Soo right about this