RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Bluetooth stutter

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-22, 11:57 AM
CrimsonF
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Bluetooth stutter

When I connect my phone to the BT, I keep getting a stutter/skip for a fraction of a second, I have the non ML system.

Could it be going bad? Already updated it to the latest firmware update for the 2015 system with Navigation and it's still happening. Have tried multiple devices so it's very unlikely that it's my phone/tablet.

I got maintenance coming up this week but looking for any ideas, if they can't fix it and suggest to replace the system instead, it will be a multi day hassle despite my extended warranty covering it.

Is there any way to do a hard reset on the head unit perhaps?

​​​Thanks!
Old 02-15-22, 02:06 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

You can hold the volume/power button down for 5 secs and it should initiate a reset.

You should also make sure your device (phone) is up to date with the latest software.

I have had the very rare occurance of BT connectivity issues but usually clears up after a car restart.
Old 02-15-22, 03:05 PM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

Ya - I have a 2018 LC with the Mark Levinson system and my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra tends to disconnect and reconnect from time to time. Odd and annoying tbh. I think it could also be dependent on the type of phone you have. I used to have a Galaxy Note 8, and it did it, but less often. Curious to know if it also happens with I-Phones.
Old 02-15-22, 04:56 PM
CrimsonF
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by brendanf
You can hold the volume/power button down for 5 secs and it should initiate a reset.

You should also make sure your device (phone) is up to date with the latest software.

I have had the very rare occurance of BT connectivity issues but usually clears up after a car restart.
It happens almost every single time I use the car and have already tried multiple up to date devices and the head units software update lol

Originally Posted by guanche2k9
Ya - I have a 2018 LC with the Mark Levinson system and my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra tends to disconnect and reconnect from time to time. Odd and annoying tbh. I think it could also be dependent on the type of phone you have. I used to have a Galaxy Note 8, and it did it, but less often. Curious to know if it also happens with I-Phones.
Does the sound also stutter or skip for a fraction of a second? I don't have any issues with random disconnections, is just the audio/music that goes out every min or 2 for a fraction of a second, but long enough to be annoying lol
Old 02-15-22, 05:02 PM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts

My older iPhone used to do it but I upgraded a few months ago and it's been pretty flawless since.
Old 02-19-22, 06:51 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by CrimsonF
It happens almost every single time I use the car and have already tried multiple up to date devices and the head units software update lol

Does the sound also stutter or skip for a fraction of a second? I don't have any issues with random disconnections, is just the audio/music that goes out every min or 2 for a fraction of a second, but long enough to be annoying lol
Unfortunately I cannot tell, because the majority of the times I saw the phone disconnect and reconnect from the infotainment screen, I either had the radio on, or had it on very low volume (I usually enjoy the sounds of my LC with the modded exhaust as opposed to music). I'll try to test it out and let you know....
Old 03-06-22, 09:43 PM
Aversed
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Had this happen on my Pixel 5 with the latest (at the time) OS. Was really weird, happens after driving for awhile. Would fix itself if I disconnected and reconnected, but then it just happens again.

Switched to iPhone and on iOS 13, no stutters or bugs.
Old 03-07-22, 02:18 PM
CrimsonF
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Aversed
Had this happen on my Pixel 5 with the latest (at the time) OS. Was really weird, happens after driving for awhile. Would fix itself if I disconnected and reconnected, but then it just happens again.

Switched to iPhone and on iOS 13, no stutters or bugs.
Well my tablet and phone(pixel 5 like you) both exhibited the same issue, what seems to have fixed the issue was enabling developed mode and changing a BT setting.

Change Bluetooth avrcp to 1.3 instead of whatever it currently has. Issue seems gone on Lenovo Tab p11 and also pixel 5.

Also if you only connect tab or phone music but don't enable contact or call sharing, the issue seems to return so all BT sharing has to be enabled.
​​​​​
​​​​​