RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Swap only front brake pads with stock rotors and leave rear brake all stock

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-22, 05:02 AM
EBAYDOCTOR
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Swap only front brake pads with stock rotors and leave rear brake all stock

HI i just joined this family
I purchased a 2014 rcf, the dealer is funny as they only wish to swap rear pads for me
So now I am considering swap front pads, I am think endless mx72
question:1. can i only change front brake pads? as the rear just swapped oem pads i dont wanna change again, if the front brake power is much stronger(endless pads) than rear(oem) is it safe?
2. can I directly swap the pads to the oem rotors, is the endless mx72 be good just work with the oem brembo rotors(they are worn 46000km so far)?
and ideas? if I ask motor places they will ask me to get full sets changed same time! but I just wanna new front pads
Old 03-09-22, 06:57 PM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts

Not sure about the front to back difference but I can attest I've had aftermarket pads running with the stock rotors for quite a while now and no issues at all.

Old 03-11-22, 09:18 AM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 345 Likes on 227 Posts

I would only run the same pads front and rear. Mixing and matching pads does not seem like a good idea on a performance car.
Old 03-11-22, 09:28 AM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by EBAYDOCTOR
HI i just joined this family
I purchased a 2014 rcf, the dealer is funny as they only wish to swap rear pads for me
So now I am considering swap front pads, I am think endless mx72
question:1. can i only change front brake pads? as the rear just swapped oem pads i dont wanna change again, if the front brake power is much stronger(endless pads) than rear(oem) is it safe?
2. can I directly swap the pads to the oem rotors, is the endless mx72 be good just work with the oem brembo rotors(they are worn 46000km so far)?
and ideas? if I ask motor places they will ask me to get full sets changed same time! but I just wanna new front pads
Couple questions...1) 2014 RCF? I thought first year was 2015....2) "Dealer is funny" did dealer say why they only want to swap rear pads...and when you say swap, do you mean you only need new rear pads?....if so, why do you want new pads in front?....Your reasoning is sound, though, you can just change the front pads if you wish. How do you use the car? Daily driver, track, bank robbery escape...?
Old 03-11-22, 04:09 PM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 594 Likes on 323 Posts

I had MX72 front with stock rears for a few months while waiting on rotors. Did pretty good at the track. Since most of the braking comes from the front, you should be fine since both stock and MX72 are performance pads. I just wouldn't run upgraded rear with stock front.

Originally Posted by SailorTPD
Couple questions...1) 2014 RCF? I thought first year was 2015...
RCF started being built in 2014. Many countries outside of North America register the car based on when it was built, not the "model year" designation we have in the US.
Old 03-13-22, 07:24 AM
adreano17
Advanced

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

I would only run matching pads. Just like tires, different characteristics.
Old 03-17-22, 01:55 AM
EBAYDOCTOR
10th Gear

Originally Posted by SailorTPD
Couple questions...1) 2014 RCF? I thought first year was 2015....2) "Dealer is funny" did dealer say why they only want to swap rear pads...and when you say swap, do you mean you only need new rear pads?....if so, why do you want new pads in front?....Your reasoning is sound, though, you can just change the front pads if you wish. How do you use the car? Daily driver, track, bank robbery escape...?
1. it import from japan and the earliest model i guess 2. the dealer literally said"its a powerful rear wheel drive car so for ya safety we decided to swap rear brake pads for u“( the front and rear all getting thin) (isnt the front brake do the most job in a braking no matter its a front , all or rear drive car?)and here comes my question since my front brake pad is getting thin as well so I just want to swap them but with a bit of upgrade(like the endless one)
and I use it 98% daily and 2% track in future lol
Old 03-17-22, 06:29 AM
BrandonX
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

I had the same reasoning as "Lost" above.

I ended up buying Endless MX72 fronts and Project MU NS-C for the rears... Kinda strange I know. But the pricing together was $514 out the door from Nengun Performance ( just have to wait for shipping from Japan).

But so far has been great after a few thousand miles. I don't know if i'd replace the rears with really cheap pads, but people seems to like both Endless and Project MU, so figured it'd be okay.
Old 03-17-22, 08:17 AM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by EBAYDOCTOR
1. it import from japan and the earliest model i guess 2. the dealer literally said"its a powerful rear wheel drive car so for ya safety we decided to swap rear brake pads for u“( the front and rear all getting thin) (isnt the front brake do the most job in a braking no matter its a front , all or rear drive car?)and here comes my question since my front brake pad is getting thin as well so I just want to swap them but with a bit of upgrade(like the endless one)
and I use it 98% daily and 2% track in future lol
Thanks for answering. You might have asked dealer to put in new front pads on your nickel at the same time, but since you want upgraded, go get them. Personally, as a daily driver I found the stock pads to be PITA with too much brake dust and squeal (with slow stops) so I had them changed (by dealership under warranty) to something less grabby. I'm Happier now. One of the things that the LPDS (Lexus Performance Driving School) had you do was stomp on the brakes from speed to get you to feel what the ABS does. Was different and hard to explain, but there was a moment at the end when I did feel the ABS do something I hadn't felt before.
Old 03-19-22, 09:00 PM
EBAYDOCTOR
10th Gear

thanks expert