RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus RCF Making A Weird Noise.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-22, 05:41 PM
AlexAviles
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 81 Posts

Think it could be the tires or rubbing brake pads?
Old 03-28-22, 10:07 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

I have no update yet

I can tell from the enform app they keep leaving the car unlocked

I'm going to turn on the alarm tomorrow at 8am jk
Old 03-30-22, 04:32 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

They couldn't figure it out, so they did something with TAS? It's like the next tier of support at Lexus Help Desk

I've asked them to put on the CF mirror covers in the mean time
Old 04-03-22, 06:40 PM
hieuphanrx
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vraa
They couldn't figure it out, so they did something with TAS? It's like the next tier of support at Lexus Help Desk

I got the car back. I have been driving it and it is still making the noise unfortunately. Keep me updated if you get any news.
Old 05-06-22, 08:53 PM
hieuphanrx
10th Gear

Took it in for a 2nd time. They kept it for about 10 days. They escalated the case and the technicians at the dealership were working with one of Lexus’s engineers. They could not find much, other than cleaning out one of the rotors. I got the vehicle back and on the first day, it made the noise again. I’m not sure what to do at this point.
Old 05-06-22, 09:37 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by hieuphanrx
Took it in for a 2nd time. They kept it for about 10 days. They escalated the case and the technicians at the dealership were working with one of Lexus’s engineers. They could not find much, other than cleaning out one of the rotors. I got the vehicle back and on the first day, it made the noise again. I’m not sure what to do at this point.
I think it has been explained above that it is the nature of the carbon ceramic brakes. Your options pretty much are either to accept it as the nature of the CCBs or sell the car or maybe swap out the brakes that have far less braking power. I would not recommend even the standard RCF BBK with steel rotors since they have a squealing noise as well if you are sensitive to braking noise.
Old 05-17-22, 07:49 AM
ALargeTom
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Do you hear whaling sound all the time?
I only hear it in the morning when i reverse from garage.
And i can feel it from my brake pedal.
is this the sound you hear? when you reverse, and apply light brake ?

Last edited by ALargeTom; 05-17-22 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-17-22, 08:52 AM
hieuphanrx
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ALargeTom
Do you hear whaling sound all the time?
I only hear it in the morning when i reverse from garage.
And i can feel it from my brake pedal.
is this the sound you hear? when you reverse, and apply light brake ?
brake noise example
This is what I hear, but I have never heard it when going in reverse. Do you also have CCM brakes?
Old 05-17-22, 09:00 AM
ALargeTom
Pit Crew

This is what I hear, but I have never heard it when going in reverse. Do you also have CCM brakes?
no i have standard RCF. And everything is stock. Currently the mileage is 5k. Have you solved the issue?
Old 05-17-22, 10:10 AM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 605 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I think it has been explained above that it is the nature of the carbon ceramic brakes. Your options pretty much are either to accept it as the nature of the CCBs or sell the car or maybe swap out the brakes that have far less braking power. I would not recommend even the standard RCF BBK with steel rotors since they have a squealing noise as well if you are sensitive to braking noise.
Video sounds like he just needs to go out and do a few hard stops to seat the pads and rotors. Has very low mileage on a track focused car. It needs be driven, and not a gentle drive to local CnC on a Sunday morning. These complaints are why future performance cars get watered down.
Old 05-18-22, 07:33 AM
hieuphanrx
10th Gear

no i have standard RCF. And everything is stock. Currently the mileage is 5k. Have you solved the issue?
No, they have not been able to resolve the issue. It only happens under certain conditions so I’ve come to accept that it’s the nature of the car. A lot happier with it now that I’ve done that. However, if your RCF makes the sound every time you reverse, the technician should be able to replicate it and possibly provide a fix. Take it in when you get the chance.
Old 05-18-22, 12:58 PM
ALargeTom
Pit Crew

No, they have not been able to resolve the issue. It only happens under certain conditions so I’ve come to accept that it’s the nature of the car. A lot happier with it now that I’ve done that. However, if your RCF makes the sound every time you reverse, the technician should be able to replicate it and possibly provide a fix. Take it in when you get the chance.
just left Lexus service center. They not finding any issues. They believe it because of the metal and rust, if we drive more it gonna be better. I agree with their conclusions and it’s kind of peace in mind after checking with them.

Old 05-18-22, 10:25 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 317 Likes on 175 Posts

just left Lexus service center. They not finding any issues. They believe it because of the metal and rust, if we drive more it gonna be better. I agree with their conclusions and it’s kind of peace in mind after checking with them.
Yes, I agree nothing to worry about. I experience the same after washing my car on a cold day, a slight patina of rust and the brake will produce identical sound, feeling it right through the pedal. After second brake application it goes away.

Your garage is probably cold and damp causing similar condition.
The following users liked this post:
ALargeTom (05-19-22)