RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Dead Battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-22, 04:10 PM
SUNNYRCF
Pit Crew

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I went with the Interstate battery as well and it fits perfectly. I was planning on getting an Anti-Gravity battery, but my old battery gave me no warning and I was too impatient to wait.
Old 04-15-22, 06:57 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by vraa
Ferrari dealers use interstate
So does my Lamborghini dealer. I had my 6 year old Huracan battery replaced last year. I was a little pissed when I saw it was Interstate, but he said it’s 1/2 the price of Lamborghini OEM battery, and they don’t even stock OEM because of that. Of course it was still 50% more than just going to Pep Boys.
The following users liked this post:
vraa (04-16-22)
Old 04-16-22, 09:02 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
So does my Lamborghini dealer. I had my 6 year old Huracan battery replaced last year. I was a little pissed when I saw it was Interstate, but he said it’s 1/2 the price of Lamborghini OEM battery, and they don’t even stock OEM because of that. Of course it was still 50% more than just going to Pep Boys.
At least pep boys sends me a 15% coupon every other week!
Old 04-22-22, 06:41 PM
RandallNYC
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Thank you gentlemen for all your help. I finally got it done.

Old 04-30-22, 06:54 PM
dingyibvs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Just installed the antigravity 40Ah battery today, holy crap does it crank up fast. I feel like watching @05RollaXRS 's video isn't quite the same as experiencing it yourself. But I gotta say, what a PITA it was to change out the battery. They make it so complicated these days. There's an extra bracket attached via clips to the positive terminal cable to hold the battery down, I had to figure out how to release the clip in a very narrow space. Then there's an extra plastic clip over the positive terminal's connector which I had to remove because with it on I couldn't screw on the screw that holds the connector to the battery due to the antigravity battery having the positive and negative terminal in reverse to our car.

I have to say, every time I change the battery I marvel at how friggin heavy lead acid batteries are. When I first got the antigravity battery, I was like "well this doesn't feel THAT much lighter." After removing the old battery, I held up the antigravity battery to install it and I was like "holy crap this is so much lighter!"
05RollaXRS (04-30-22)
Old 04-30-22, 07:19 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

Thanks. Yeah, I damaged that clip in the process on the positive side. Negative side clip was easier to release. Other than that, it was fairly straight forward. Could be worse like BMWs where the battery needs to be registered electronically.

I also think the car felt a bit more lively as well after the switch to AG battery. It could be due to less parasitic loss at the alternator or just the 30 lbs weight loss
Originally Posted by dingyibvs
Just installed the antigravity 40Ah battery today, holy crap does it crank up fast. I feel like watching @05RollaXRS 's video isn't quite the same as experiencing it yourself. But I gotta say, what a PITA it was to change out the battery. They make it so complicated these days. There's an extra bracket attached via clips to the positive terminal cable to hold the battery down, I had to figure out how to release the clip in a very narrow space. Then there's an extra plastic clip over the positive terminal's connector which I had to remove because with it on I couldn't screw on the screw that holds the connector to the battery due to the antigravity battery having the positive and negative terminal in reverse to our car.

I have to say, every time I change the battery I marvel at how friggin heavy lead acid batteries are. When I first got the antigravity battery, I was like "well this doesn't feel THAT much lighter." After removing the old battery, I held up the antigravity battery to install it and I was like "holy crap this is so much lighter!"

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-30-22 at 07:23 PM.
dingyibvs (05-04-22)
Old 10-06-22, 02:26 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Well it looks like I'll be doing the same thing here shortly, deciding on Autozone or Interstate? We don't have a Pep Boys
Old 11-04-22, 11:59 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi! What’s the actual link to the battery? I did the battery finder and gave me Group24. I emailed Antigravity if I can buy it in person and have them install it. But they cannot install it. Now, I receive an email from them to confirm dimensions.

Old 11-05-22, 12:20 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

You need group 48. ISF, IS500 and GSF use group 24 while RCF uses group 48. I found that on the ISF forums. That is what I have. Yes, the positive and negative terminal would be reversed (on the back side towards the firewall), but I could extend the cables long enough to connect them. Had no issues with it. See this post I made when I installed it and it has a picture in it as well. I also wrote a review and also how much the battery weighed on my scale

Installed Antigravity Li Ion battery today - Page 6 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Hi! What’s the actual link to the battery? I did the battery finder and gave me Group24. I emailed Antigravity if I can buy it in person and have them install it. But they cannot install it. Now, I receive an email from them to confirm dimensions.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 11-05-22 at 12:35 AM.
ba2sy (11-08-22)
Old 11-07-22, 08:11 AM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 602 Likes on 327 Posts

The RCF uses a H6R battery. Plenty of others have had luck using the H6 even with the terminals on the wrong side. Basically when the battery is installed, instead of the terminals being up against the firewall, they will be on the engine bay side. You just unclip the wires from a bracket and there's enough slack to connect to the "front" of the battery. Once you get into screwing around with group 48 or 24 sizes then you'll run into issue with the brackets not fitting.

tl;dr - use the H6, it'll fit
ba2sy (11-08-22)
Old 11-07-22, 09:53 AM
stvincent
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RandallNYC

Thank you gentlemen for all your help. I finally got it done.
Originally Posted by nigel821
PLEASE do NOT pay the $199 for apple car play update. You can easily do this yourself for free.

Apple CarPlay Update Files (18 Camry/Sienna & 18/19 Lexus Models) | Toyota Nation Forum

Go there and read. You'll have Apple car play in an hour... I did my wife's 18' NX a couple years ago and her friends NX. Apple Car play was a game changer for her vehicle but there is no way in hell I'd pay the dealer $200 to plug in a USB drive and go through a couple sequences to initiate the install...

-Nigel
Any cliff notes on how to accomplish this?

Old 11-07-22, 07:50 PM
RandallNYC
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Nigel821 posted the link above. I used a PC with Windows and a Sandisk USB. Download the data to the USB stick. Make sure your car is outside and you have time because it has to idle for an hour. Make sure it’s not a 100 degree day because the USB gets hot and can fail. Besides that just follow the instructions step by step. It was very easy and I can’t believe I almost paid Lexus $200
Old 11-08-22, 03:02 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
You need group 48. ISF, IS500 and GSF use group 24 while RCF uses group 48. I found that on the ISF forums. That is what I have. Yes, the positive and negative terminal would be reversed (on the back side towards the firewall), but I could extend the cables long enough to connect them. Had no issues with it. See this post I made when I installed it and it has a picture in it as well. I also wrote a review and also how much the battery weighed on my scale

Installed Antigravity Li Ion battery today - Page 6 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion
Originally Posted by LoSt180
The RCF uses a H6R battery. Plenty of others have had luck using the H6 even with the terminals on the wrong side. Basically when the battery is installed, instead of the terminals being up against the firewall, they will be on the engine bay side. You just unclip the wires from a bracket and there's enough slack to connect to the "front" of the battery. Once you get into screwing around with group 48 or 24 sizes then you'll run into issue with the brackets not fitting.

tl;dr - use the H6, it'll fit
Thanks guys! When I was searching about AGB via search function for the RCF, I didn’t catch that it showed me ISFs and I end up ordering Group 24. 🤦‍♂️ I’m going to try and exchange it for Group 48 once I get the battery.