RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Help me decide!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-22, 01:15 PM
orys
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
I've had this issue with my local dealer, JM Lexus as well. They report it to Lexus, but not Carfax or Autocheck. I called them out on it and they say its to protect me if my car ever gets damaged. Which is straight BS. My best guess is that the dealers actually have to pay for the ability to report it, and this is how they keep their price on services down. My purchasing dealer, Lexus of Palm Beach charges $160 for an oil change, while JM only charges $85. I'm currently undergoing this debacle as I don't want to pay double the price on a service, but at the same time, I would like for the services to be reported on the car. What do y'all think? Sorry to hijack the thread lol

The MSRP was actually $81,835 so if you paid the $64k from the link that you posted, you paid considerably less, albeit, had the pandemic not occurred you probably could've scooped it up for less. Although I will say, you have a VERY limited car and despite being used, judging by the pictures alone, the car is impeccable.
the MSRP was 84k as far as I know…
Old 04-07-22, 01:16 PM
orys
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Louczar1
Congrats on the purchase. I had 1 rattle that was the 2 pieces of plastic that join around the steering column. The seem is on the left side behind the steering wheel. You can reach around teh sttering wheel while driving and feel for the seem witgh your finger. I wedges a small piece of heat shrink between the two pieces.

Lets talk about the paint care. I do not park in the garage at home. I do park in a parking garage at work. I work from home as much as I go into the office. I wash the car weekly. I use a thick super soft towel that I got from autozone to wash (only dragging the soapy wet towel across the surfaces). I do the same process with the shamois. I go to a self service car wash and NEVER squeeze the trigger for full pressure except for spot free rinse. The sequence I use.

1. Low pressure soap to remove loose dirt
2. Presoak entire car
3. low pressure soap to remove anything else loosened up.
4. wash as descibed above.
5. rinse
6. spot free rinse.

I bought my car in september. last year. with the exception of a couple small rock chips. paint still looks great. Make sure to ceramic coat it soon.

Price of the vehicle. The original window sticker was laminated and in my trunk when I bought the car. Mine was 85K MSRP. I found my car with only 582 miles on it. The dealer was asking 85K. I laughed at them. They bugged me to make an offer. I offered 70K OTD and they accepted.
wow you got it in sept 2021 for that little? Out the door? That’s an amazing price. I only got 1k off. 63k.
Old 04-07-22, 01:28 PM
Louczar1
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by orys
wow you got it in sept 2021 for that little? Out the door? That’s an amazing price. I only got 1k off. 63k.
It's a crazy story. Once I decided on getting the 10th anniversary model, I went looking on autotrader. all but one at that time had been in an accident of some type. The one that was not, was sold the same day I looked. I looked up other car listing sites and found 6 more. 5 had been in an accident and the last one said to "call for price". Not a good sign. I called 2 days later. Chatted with the salesman. Gave him my work email address and he dropped the ball...85K. I LOL, said no thanks and hung up. He emailed me that day and the next to make an offer. It took him 2 hours to reply to my offer to accept. I found out when I flew out to get it.

A guy named Joe bought the car without telling his wife (he's upper 50's). First thing he did was rent a self storage room to park it in to not have to take it home. He drove it 582 miles in the time he bought and sold it to his brothers Ford Dealership. The owner of the dealer has his mom working as secretary, his other brother in finance, nephew over service. It's a family run business...lol. I never found out what Joe sold the car to his brothers dealership for. Joe had the final approval on what the dealer sold it for and I guess Joe paid the diff.
Old 04-07-22, 01:41 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,049 Posts

the MSRP was 84k as far as I know…
Base price for the RCF 10th anniversary was that. If yours had extra stuff that bumped up the MSRP thats a great deal.
Old 04-07-22, 01:47 PM
orys
Pit Crew

Base price for the RCF 10th anniversary was that. If yours had extra stuff that bumped up the MSRP thats a great deal.
How can I find out the original MSRP? It has the carbon roof and mark Levinson. the BMW dealership posted the MSRP as 84xxx. How can I verify this?
Old 04-07-22, 01:49 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

How can I find out the original MSRP? It has the carbon roof and mark Levinson. the BMW dealership posted the MSRP as 84xxx. How can I verify this?
So I actually just ran your VIN through Toyota’s API that generates a Monroney (window sticker) but since it’s a 2019 it isn’t in their system. It wasn’t until recently that they started keeping them online. Your best bet would be to contact a Lexus dealer, or there is a paid service that gives you a Monroney but it doesn’t even closely resemble a full window sticker. It’s basically a 8.5x11 sheet with your options and the price. Not worth the price in my opinion

Last edited by TipsyTonio; 04-07-22 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-07-22, 01:54 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Well, this is the best I could find for you.
VIN Report (vehiclehistory.com)
$84,740 is the reported MSRP
Old 04-07-22, 02:43 PM
orys
Pit Crew

Well, this is the best I could find for you.
VIN Report (vehiclehistory.com)
$84,740 is the reported MSRP
That's a great resource, thank you!
Old 04-07-22, 02:43 PM
orys
Pit Crew

Looks like it was $84,700
Old 04-07-22, 03:47 PM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Congrats on the decision and kudos on the decision making inputs. Have fun--beautiful car. I admire mine every time I walk bye it Wife drives it more than me, but she doesn't drive it like she stole it like I do.
Old 04-07-22, 04:14 PM
orys
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SailorTPD
Congrats on the decision and kudos on the decision making inputs. Have fun--beautiful car. I admire mine every time I walk bye it Wife drives it more than me, but she doesn't drive it like she stole it like I do.
Thank you! This is a fantastic forum with great members. I am now doing the 'what if' because apparently there is an identical car with half the miles sold by Shift in the Bay Area for 2K more... but, it had its front bumper repainted as the owner hit something on the hwy. Anyways this is my typical 'ritual' after every purchase
Old 04-08-22, 09:28 AM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

Thank you! This is a fantastic forum with great members. I am now doing the 'what if' because apparently there is an identical car with half the miles sold by Shift in the Bay Area for 2K more... but, it had its front bumper repainted as the owner hit something on the hwy. Anyways this is my typical 'ritual' after every purchase
That's like following a stock after you sold it...nothing but disappointment likely. Move on...enjoy.
The following users liked this post:
Louczar1 (04-08-22)
Old 04-08-22, 09:37 AM
Louczar1
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I would be willing to bet you dodged a bullet with that one....
The following users liked this post:
orys (04-08-22)
Old 04-08-22, 10:30 AM
orys
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SailorTPD
That's like following a stock after you sold it...nothing but disappointment likely. Move on...enjoy.
yes that’s exactly right. Can anyone recommend a good psychiatrist?
Old 04-08-22, 12:30 PM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

yes that’s exactly right. Can anyone recommend a good psychiatrist?
You already have the mechanism to release the angst...

https://thenewswheel.com/driving-as-...ountain-goats/

Quick Reply: Help me decide!