RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF Rear Lexus Trunk Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-22, 10:30 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts
Default RCF Rear Lexus Trunk Emblem

What version of the Lexus emblem do you like or prefer? Top photo is my 2015 RCF Lexus emblem and the lower photo is a 2020 RCF Lexus emblem. Newer version is easier to clean, dirt doesn’t get trapped inside the emblem like the original version. I am deciding on changing my 2015 RCF to the newer version but would like to hear from other RCF owners and their options.
Old 06-08-22, 03:14 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts

i like the top because it shows the body color through the emblem.

But everyone that has upgraded from the older style to the newer style looks better to me, almost a refreshed look. Mine's got the newer style but I'm used to it, my wife's NX has the same updated style.

Definitely right about dirt and crap not sitting inside the emblem like the older badge would.

It's a cheap mod, I think the newer emblems are $40 or something like that. Worst case scenario if one doesn't like the look they can always revert back. I wish there wasn't a huge L logo back on the truck to be honest. It would be much cleaner looking with nothing back there.
At least Lexus is finally doing that with new stuff they are putting out. They are simply spelling out Lexus on the middle rear like Porsche has been doing. It seems like the new style would be phonemical to debadge as long as there wasn't pins behind the letters. I believe with our oval emblems there are alignment pins so there would be holes left and a recessed area.

-Nigel
The following users liked this post:
RCFGrandpa (06-08-22)
Old 06-08-22, 05:38 AM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 605 Likes on 329 Posts

Swapping out the rear emblem was the second mod I did, right after exhaust. The 2020 is a little more modern and it matches the front grill emblem. Plus I don't have to finger the logo to get it clean.
RCFGrandpa (06-08-22)
Old 06-08-22, 01:19 PM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Personally, I would prefer to have neither. Note that on the newer ones (like mine), the trunk lip is pushed out to create a pedestal for the emblem. I guess they have to show the brand front and rear, to foster envy among other drivers, but I could do without it and would prefer a clean look. The new one is cheap glass (like the one in front). It is easier to clean and keep clean and back there you aren't going to rock chips like the one in front.
The following 2 users liked this post by SailorTPD:
AlexAviles (12-14-22), RCFGrandpa (06-08-22)
Old 06-08-22, 02:14 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default How Hard To Replace Emblem

Originally Posted by LoSt180
Swapping out the rear emblem was the second mod I did, right after exhaust. The 2020 is a little more modern and it matches the front grill emblem. Plus I don't have to finger the logo to get it clean.
Sounds like I am going to replace the emblem. Is it just a stick on emblem? What did you use to remove the old one? I assume that the new style is just a stick on emblem too? Thank You so much.

Rear photo of my RCF with the original emblem.
tt3kgt (04-20-23)
Old 06-08-22, 02:23 PM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

One of the nice things about the newer style is if you don't want to advertise Lexus brand, you can have a custom 3M vinyl overlay made that you can make look like you want. Trouble is, I can't think of anything.
Old 06-09-22, 07:39 AM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 605 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFGrandpa
Sounds like I am going to replace the emblem. Is it just a stick on emblem? What did you use to remove the old one? I assume that the new style is just a stick on emblem too? Thank You so much.
Emblems are held on with double sided tape. Remove with your favorite logo removing technique. There are two alignment pins, so don't freak out if your tool seems "stuck". Then clean off the old tape and apply new emblem.
Old 06-14-22, 03:54 PM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

Curious to know how hard it was to remove the emblem. I did a first attempt to make something different But I think it'd be better without the original logo underneath.

Old 06-14-22, 09:24 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default New Emblem Arrived Today

I received my rear Lexus logo emblem today. I will install it in the next couple of days.
SideOfRice (06-19-22)
Old 06-19-22, 01:09 PM
SideOfRice
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

I received my rear Lexus logo emblem today. I will install it in the next couple of days.
I just bought one off eBay for $39 just now. I made sure part number matched yours so I appreciate your post. Previous owner color matched the OEM emblem and I realized I didn’t like it as I walked towards my car after the gym this morning.

Seeing you’re from Washington - is there any F meets or Lexus enthusiast meets that you’re aware of?
RCFGrandpa (08-28-22)
Old 06-19-22, 02:18 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default Rear Emblem

Originally Posted by SideOfRice
I just bought one off eBay for $39 just now. I made sure part number matched yours so I appreciate your post. Previous owner color matched the OEM emblem and I realized I didn’t like it as I walked towards my car after the gym this morning.

Seeing you’re from Washington - is there any F meets or Lexus enthusiast meets that you’re aware of?
Great news! I tried to take my emblem off but it seems like I will scratch the deck lid if I use any kind of tool. Please let me know how you remove yours.
I’m working on a ClubLexus meet for August, possibly at Lexus of Bellevue. After all the business I have given Lexus of Seattle, they won’t reply to my calls, emails, and mailed letters concerning a meet at their dealership.
Old 06-19-22, 02:52 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,951 Likes on 1,374 Posts

^^^^Use a heat source like a hair dryer. I use this:

Amazon Amazon

Then get under it with thread or floss and work it loose.
05RollaXRS (06-20-22)
Old 06-19-22, 03:43 PM
SailorTPD
Intermediate

D'ya think goo gone dripped along the top will reach the adhesive?
Old 06-19-22, 03:48 PM
RCFGrandpa
Intermediate

Default Thank You

Originally Posted by sickpuppy
^^^^Use a heat source like a hair dryer. I use this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Then get under it with thread or floss and work it loose.
As soon as I got your post , I did exactly what you said, and within ten minutes I removed the emblem, cleaned up the surface, and installed the newer design one. Goes well with the black exterior side moldings I had installed a couple of years ago and of course the front emblem. Thank You again for your directions.

Original Emblem

Emblem Removed

New Emblem Installed
The following 2 users liked this post by RCFGrandpa:
05RollaXRS (06-20-22), tt3kgt (04-20-23)
Old 06-19-22, 09:32 PM
SideOfRice
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

Great news! I tried to take my emblem off but it seems like I will scratch the deck lid if I use any kind of tool. Please let me know how you remove yours.
I’m working on a ClubLexus meet for August, possibly at Lexus of Bellevue. After all the business I have given Lexus of Seattle, they won’t reply to my calls, emails, and mailed letters concerning a meet at their dealership.
Glad you were finally able to get the emblem off per your other post. Let me know about the ClubLexus meet at Lexus of Seattle. I’m in the Portland area but don’t mind the drive up there and I’ll have to see if I’m working that day (I work every other weekend).

Quick Reply: RCF Rear Lexus Trunk Emblem