RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Tuning Shops in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-22, 03:10 PM
EddieP1215
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Tuning Shops in Miami

Heading to Miami in a couple of weeks and was wondering if there are any shops that perform tunings on the RC-F?

I was going to order the RR tune, but I decided if there's a shop that already has the software I'll just go there and have it done instead of waiting for the equipment to come in the mail, etc.

Thanks for any help given.
Old 06-13-22, 04:16 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,802 Posts

I am in Calgary and RR Racing is in PA. I was able to do RR racing tune in my garage remotely. It is simple process. I believe, either you have to take it to RR racing location in PA to have it tuned or you can order the remote tuning option. In other words, if you have someone else do it for you, it still will require you ordering the remote tune. There is no equipment needed other than your laptop and a good WiFi connection in your garage. What comes in the mail is just a cable and a dongle. RR Racing gives you software to download. You read the ECU send the file to RR Racing and they send you back the tune.
Old 06-13-22, 04:23 PM
EddieP1215
Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I am in Calgary and RR Racing is in PA. I was able to do RR racing tune in my garage remotely. It is simple process. I believe, either you have to take it to RR racing location in PA to have it tuned or you can order the remote tuning option. In other words, if you have someone else do it for you, it still will require you ordering the remote tune. There is no equipment needed other than your laptop and a good WiFi connection in your garage. What comes in the mail is just a cable and a dongle. RR Racing gives you software to download. You read the ECU send the file to RR Racing and they send you back the tune.
Yeah I was going to go with that option, but they don't currently have any on stock and I was going to get put on the waiting list. Which is fine, but if I could get it done at a shop in 1 stop then I'd prefer that way instead. That way it's done on the spot with no waiting.

I'm just trying to come up with a Plan B, even though patience is a virtue lol.
Old 06-13-22, 05:23 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieP1215
Yeah I was going to go with that option, but they don't currently have any on stock and I was going to get put on the waiting list. Which is fine, but if I could get it done at a shop in 1 stop then I'd prefer that way instead. That way it's done on the spot with no waiting.

I'm just trying to come up with a Plan B, even though patience is a virtue lol.
Yeah. you might have to consider other options since RR Racing create a tune for your car based on the file you send to them that is read from your ECU. Therefore, you would need the cable and the software to go through that process even if you have someone who can do it for you. There are other options like Delicious, Tuned by Loi etc., but I picked RR Racing because they have had it out for 5+ years for the RCF since 2016 or so. Therefore, a lot of testing and history behind it. It is a pretty safe tune as they don't change anything drastically, but you definitely notice the differences.

p.s. I also had to wait for about 3 - 4 weeks to receive it so I know exactly what you are saying about getting on the waiting list.

Here is my video of read/write on the ECU using their software tools and the cable they mailed

Old 06-13-22, 05:55 PM
EddieP1215
Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yeah. you might have to consider other options since RR Racing create a tune for your car based on the file you send to them that is read from your ECU. Therefore, you would need the cable and the software to go through that process even if you have someone who can do it for you. There are other options like Delicious, Tuned by Loi etc., but I picked RR Racing because they have had it out for 5+ years for the RCF since 2016 or so. Therefore, a lot of testing and history behind it. It is a pretty safe tune as they don't change anything drastically, but you definitely notice the differences.

p.s. I also had to wait for about 3 - 4 weeks to receive it so I know exactly what you are saying about getting on the waiting list.

Here is my video of read/write on the ECU using their software tools and the cable they mailed

Read/Write for Lexus RCF Carbon/TVD ECU Software Tuning + Walkaround - YouTube
I'll probably just order from RR and wait it out.