RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Name ONE modification on RCF you could do without

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-22, 09:02 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Originally Posted by fchdx
I'd say my carbon fiber hood vent. It's a small piece that is very often overlooked. Can't really even see it unless you're standing over the hood of the car. Way overpriced too IMO, but only one person makes it (I think) so he can set the price to whatever he wants.
Yeah, similar to my carbon fiber mirrors.

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
I think all the mods I have on the car are there because I wanted them. So yeah, none that I can think of
Cool. Looks like nothing "over-promised and under-delivered" in your case. Good to hear.
Old 07-06-22, 10:00 AM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 596 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by sensai
door puddle lights.
I went for the OEM ones. It did impress a friend of mine when I let him drive the car, but yeah, could do without.
Old 07-06-22, 10:16 AM
SideOfRice
Driver

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by sensai
door puddle lights.
x2 on door puddle lights. I don’t have much done to my RCF. Other than removing the tail light tint and front emblem tint from previous owner my first “mod” was getting carbon fiber mirror caps - which looks a whole lot better than the color match color. Second is the “F” door puddle lights. I just installed Invidia catback exhaust + front/side splitters a few days ago and it sounds and looks soooo much better.
Old 07-06-22, 11:04 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SideOfRice
x2 on door puddle lights. I don’t have much done to my RCF. Other than removing the tail light tint and front emblem tint from previous owner my first “mod” was getting carbon fiber mirror caps - which looks a whole lot better than the color match color. Second is the “F” door puddle lights. I just installed Invidia catback exhaust + front/side splitters a few days ago and it sounds and looks soooo much better.
True. Invidia is amazing. I really like the carbon mirrors as well and they definitely look much better than the OEM color matched. I guess, I felt since all other mods are so good, it is the least of all mods that would make a difference, if I had to get rid of it.
Old 07-06-22, 12:50 PM
SideOfRice
Driver

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
True. Invidia is amazing. I really like the carbon mirrors as well and they definitely look much better than the OEM color matched. I guess, I felt since all other mods are so good, it is the least of all mods that would make a difference, if I had to get rid of it.
So true with your list of mods and your last sentence. Mirror caps are just aesthetic compared to your other mods.

Off topic but before buying my first RCF (Returned it back to Carvana due to issues during inspection) I’ve watched your YouTube videos many times, especially when trying to decide what exhaust to go with, and it took me a minute to connect the dots after interacting with you here a few times before I realize it’s your videos!
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (07-06-22)
Old 07-06-22, 01:02 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SideOfRice
So true with your list of mods and your last sentence. Mirror caps are just aesthetic compared to your other mods.

Off topic but before buying my first RCF (Returned it back to Carvana due to issues during inspection) I’ve watched your YouTube videos many times, especially when trying to decide what exhaust to go with, and it took me a minute to connect the dots after interacting with you here a few times before I realize it’s your videos!
LOL...thanks. Hopefully, it helped you make the right decision. Yes, that is my channel. I make videos of my progress from time to time. My next one is trying to put together some dragy runs to measure the performance. Hopefully, might be able to get that done in the next couple of weeks or so.
The following users liked this post:
SideOfRice (07-06-22)
Old 07-07-22, 10:13 AM
initiald2k
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

That is an interesting question... I think as I get more used to the car and the performance and character... the one that I could have done without is the Takeda Intake.
Old 09-03-22, 07:54 PM
mpbsa
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own 2015 RCF with performance package. I want to put Invidia Full Cat back and have read almost all threads related to CEL due to gasket leak, improper installation of gaskets smaller in the front and larger in the back, etc. etc. I am convinced to use grimmspeed gaskets and not utilize OEM or invidia supplied gaskets so my question is:

What diffrent part numbers and total number of gaskets that I should order from grimmspeed ? From the posts there was alink to 3 inch 12 layer gasket to be in front but I am just not sure what other and how many gaskets do I need to order.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-03-22, 08:00 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mpbsa
I own 2015 RCF with performance package. I want to put Invidia Full Cat back and have read almost all threads related to CEL due to gasket leak, improper installation of gaskets smaller in the front and larger in the back, etc. etc. I am convinced to use grimmspeed gaskets and not utilize OEM or invidia supplied gaskets so my question is:

What diffrent part numbers and total number of gaskets that I should order from grimmspeed ? From the posts there was alink to 3 inch 12 layer gasket to be in front but I am just not sure what other and how many gaskets do I need to order.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Welcome. Check this post out. It will give you the answer you are looking for. The front and back gaskets are slightly different. They are very similar, but not identical. You have to be careful to install the correct one front and back. Also, using sealant is quite important. The O2 sensor disconnection and connection requires care as well. I have had Invidia for 3+ years and zero issues with mine. I had it installed by a really good exhaust shop.

Invidia Exhaust - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion
Old 09-04-22, 10:55 AM
mpbsa
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you 05RollaXRS.