RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Help me decide on my amuse R1 titan setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-22, 01:44 PM
bahrcf
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Help me decide on my amuse R1 titan setup

Hello all, I'm in a bit of a dilemma as there are little to no videos or feedback about the amuse setup for our cars. My current setup is PPE EL headers, custom made made straight midpipe, and oem axel back. I initially ordered the amuse midpipe race version, but upon having some issues with the foul smell of the car and yellowing of my exhaust I decided to add a resonator to the midpipe which should quiet the car down just a tad bit. Soon after I decided to go with the amuse axelback, but the dilemma is there are 2 versions of that, race version and street version, with the street version as being more tamed. Now all I see online are videos of the race version although they sound amazing, I don't think it's paired with headers. So I'm stuck on if I should go with the race or track version, I'm afraid if I go with the track it will be an over kill, especially since there are no valves on them. So if anyone is familiar with the amuse or similar setup and can chime in I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 08-18-22, 06:04 PM
sensai
Advanced

Received 657 Likes on 227 Posts

i don't have amuse exp so can't answer directly and have not seen anyone post about that system in my 3yrs with the platform. what are you looking for in an axleback and the reason for a focus on amuse? there are other high quality options out there with more installed presence and validation worthy of a fuji edition, like a gthaus titanium valved axleback.
Old 08-18-22, 10:22 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 315 Likes on 173 Posts

Amuse was my top pick for the longest, reviewed several videos over and over again. I was so close to pulling the trigger on it but went the GTHaus route. My thoughts are, since you are going with resonators I would go with the race version. It would be loud but not overly aggressive.

I have GTHaus axle back no valves paired with American race headers with resonators and cats and its perfect for me. I think if you go with the street version it will be tad bit louder than you current setup with OEM axleback

A good reference video would possibly be to look at the comparison of Rowen exhaust that shows the difference between street and race version.

Now on your choice of going with resonators on mid pipe I am a little confused with that. It will lower the aggressiveness of the sound but not in any way reduce the foul smell and yellowing. Only catalytical converter will help with that, but Amuse doesn't offer a catted system from my recollection.

Old 08-19-22, 01:05 AM
bahrcf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by sensai
i don't have amuse exp so can't answer directly and have not seen anyone post about that system in my 3yrs with the platform. what are you looking for in an axleback and the reason for a focus on amuse? there are other high quality options out there with more installed presence and validation worthy of a fuji edition, like a gthaus titanium valved axleback.
I had the GT haus on my previous rcf loved it but was a too agressive sounding and over time the valves stopped working as for pricing belive it or not if I were to go with titanium setup, the amuse is very close to GT belive it or not amuse midpipe is cheaper than the GT haus by almost 1k$. As for a worthy system amuse R1 titan is a more worthy system in my mind, having them on both my gtr and 370z the quality and finish are spot on and the system is exclusive.
The following 3 users liked this post by bahrcf:
05RollaXRS (08-20-22), konichiwa3 (08-19-22), sensai (08-19-22)
Old 08-19-22, 01:06 AM
bahrcf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by konichiwa3
Amuse was my top pick for the longest, reviewed several videos over and over again. I was so close to pulling the trigger on it but went the GTHaus route. My thoughts are, since you are going with resonators I would go with the race version. It would be loud but not overly aggressive.

I have GTHaus axle back no valves paired with American race headers with resonators and cats and its perfect for me. I think if you go with the street version it will be tad bit louder than you current setup with OEM axleback

A good reference video would possibly be to look at the comparison of Rowen exhaust that shows the difference between street and race version.

Now on your choice of going with resonators on mid pipe I am a little confused with that. It will lower the aggressiveness of the sound but not in any way reduce the foul smell and yellowing. Only catalytical converter will help with that, but Amuse doesn't offer a catted system from my recollection.
But will the resonators somehow make the sound more organised especially since my headers are cat deleted?
Old 08-19-22, 01:56 AM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 315 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by bahrcf
I had the GT haus on my previous rcf loved it but was a too agressive sounding and over time the valves stopped working as for pricing belive it or not if I were to go with titanium setup, the amuse is very close to GT belive it or not amuse midpipe is cheaper than the GT haus by almost 1k$. As for a worthy system amuse R1 titan is a more worthy system in my mind, having them on both my gtr and 370z the quality and finish are spot on and the system is exclusive.
Reason why I never go with valves they will eventually fail unless you opt to add Helical Technology High Performance valves (add an additional $1k, ouch) which you then have to weld on. Ferrari, Porsche, Lambos and McLaren use this valves as they are highly reliable. Too much expense and work already so no valves for me.

I do agree with you on Amuse being a wonderful option and it's exclusivity is enticing. Hope we get to hear a video clip of them after you install.

Originally Posted by bahrcf
But will the resonators somehow make the sound more organised especially since my headers are cat deleted?
Yes, the resonators will cancel out the undesirable frequencies, make it more comfortable in the cable due to less drone while mellowing out the exhaust sound outside the car.
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (08-20-22)
Old 08-19-22, 02:24 AM
bahrcf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by konichiwa3
Reason why I never go with valves they will eventually fail unless you opt to add Helical Technology High Performance valves (add an additional $1k, ouch) which you then have to weld on. Ferrari, Porsche, Lambos and McLaren use this valves as they are highly reliable. Too much expense and work already so no valves for me.

I do agree with you on Amuse being a wonderful option and it's exclusivity is enticing. Hope we get to hear a video clip of them after you install.

Yes, the resonators will cancel out the undesirable frequencies, make it more comfortable in the cable due to less drone while mellowing out the exhaust sound outside the car.
perfect that's the setup that I will go with, I will definitely post videos of this setup