RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RR's Lightweight Crank Pulley

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-22, 11:06 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,778 Posts

Decisions, decisions...

My car is pretty much parked for the winter. Now, thinking about mods for the next year. Winter is when I put my project plan together. This, RR racing USRS lower control arm bushings and the Elvin Wong CF hood heat extractor seem to be the three that are taking the top spot so far.
Old 11-03-22, 12:29 PM
cvt
Racer

Received 545 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Decisions, decisions...

My car is pretty much parked for the winter. Now, thinking about mods for the next year. Winter is when I put my project plan together. This, RR racing USRS lower control arm bushings and the Elvin Wong CF hood heat extractor seem to be the three that are taking the top spot so far.
Oooof..I'd have to go USRS, pulley, then hood heat extractor....too many nods to the USRS not just in feel but just to save your tires alone...
The following users liked this post:
1wacko (11-04-22)
Old 11-03-22, 01:24 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cvt
Oooof..I'd have to go USRS, pulley, then hood heat extractor....too many nods to the USRS not just in feel but just to save your tires alone...
USRS is the highest on my list, for sure. Though, my tire wear is doing great even with OEM bushings. It might be due to high amazing the PS4S XL tires are that they have very even wear. I got them checked at the dealership this summer.
Old 11-03-22, 02:17 PM
cvt
Racer

Received 545 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
USRS is the highest on my list, for sure. Though, my tire wear is doing great even with OEM bushings. It might be due to high amazing the PS4S XL tires are that they have very even wear. I got them checked at the dealership this summer.
I had PS4S and while I did get great life in them when they did wear out the inner tire wear was horrible...our bushings are so soft it "squats" the car under acceleration and braking and it just wears them out prematurely....I'm just saying I wished I could have had the USRS installed before i put in my PS4S...I got 22k miles on the front tires (which is already ridiculously good for a max performance street tire)....makes me think i would have got closer to 25k miles if i did the bushings.
Old 11-03-22, 08:25 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cvt
I had PS4S and while I did get great life in them when they did wear out the inner tire wear was horrible...our bushings are so soft it "squats" the car under acceleration and braking and it just wears them out prematurely....I'm just saying I wished I could have had the USRS installed before i put in my PS4S...I got 22k miles on the front tires (which is already ridiculously good for a max performance street tire)....makes me think i would have got closer to 25k miles if i did the bushings.
That is weird. I have very even wear on my fronts. I also have very stiff sidewalls meant for inertial load of cars that are 400 lbs heavier, which also means inner sidewalls don't "collapse" under pressure and the load is spread out evenly across the width of the tire unlike the stock SL OEM tires that used to completely squish outwards under high braking force (I did have a lot of inner tire wear with the OEM PSS tires with the soft sidewalls), but definitely Lexus said my tire wear is very even.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 11-03-22 at 10:21 PM.