RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Opinions on BBS LM LM-R wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-23, 09:07 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Thanks for sharing man. Indeed, those are great stories to read. Glad to see you back on the forum. Regarding your question of why my RCF only has 11k miles, there are a couple of reasons. One is, I don't drive much since I work from home so it is mostly running errands or going with family etc. Secondly, we have a Lexus RX450h and an IS350 F-Sport AWD that are used for 99% of our driving while the RCF is mostly my hobby car. Also, like you said, it is stored from December till March for the winter. Anyway, it is always a lot of fun to mod it and drive it anytime I can. I have RR racing parts on order so definitely, it will be fun installing them on it. BTW, great picture with your new service dog. Really glad to hear he gets to enjoy in the RCF with you. Cheers!

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Really appreciate your condolences Rolla! Means alot since I'm presently being flamed alive on another forum I'm on - members there literally spew hate and spread lies about you when they literally have no clue of someone's background and the things they've done! (Sorry. Went off topic)

If I recall you have either a 2015 or 2016 RCF TVD package in Molten Orange (is that the color?) but how the hell can you only have 11k on it? Guessing it never comes out in wet weather? I used to be like that too which is another reason why I was so happy switching from those high priced Michelin Pilot Sport tires to the Bridgestone Pole Positions! It felt like I was literally using rain tires in a complete downpour since they stuck to the pavement like glue! I know many love the MPS4S rubber and if I was tracking the car I couldn't agree more. However, I've gotten the best of both worlds with these Bridgestones and have nothing negative to say about them at all. (If anyone wants to know more PM me and I'll share pics/links) Forget the policy on dropping product links here.

Last wknd we drove from the DC area to Beaufort, SC to spend the wknd w family - got chills driving by Parris Island after 38 yrs since I stood on the yellow footprints! It was like a 10 hr ride which we initially agreed we'd stop halfway. The car was so comfortable and it was such a pleasure to drive it banging thru gears in Sport+ with a Beemer trying to keep up! I couldn't get over how huge the difference was driving it that way, then switching to Eco! Night & Day man! Of course I had to let my wife drive for an hours rest and kept it in Eco for her since she has no clue how to use paddles and gets spooked when the Armytrix screams - especially with the fake piped in sound thru Sport+ mode! Why is it Lexus chose to do that again?

The new Service Dog was the best passenger ever! I made him a perfect Tempurpedic cutout in the back seat area to lie on with pillows and bones to chew. He only got up to yawn or to stare at me - which means he has to take a ****. It was a fantastic trip doing up to 90mph on I95 thru NC where speed limits are 70mph and people pass you like your parked or the world is on fire! Not sure about you guys but it sure feels there are over 200k people out driving these days and half of them are *******s crossing all 3 lanes, cutting people off with inches of room and driving as of they alone own the pavement and disregard safety to every level. Cant help but smile or honk when I see those idiots pulled over by a State Trooper 5 miles down the highway!

Don't ya miss my long *** novels here Rolla! LOL.

Happy New Year!!

Gunny