2023 Lexus RCF

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-23, 04:52 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by AutoFan01
My question is it because of Covid/logistics issues that they “de-contented” some options (i.e memory seats settings, interior ambient lights)at least for 2022? The latter obviously not a deal breaker but both are a surprising omission on a current model? Guess they reserved the memory seats for the volume sellers-?
They removed the ambient lighting on the face lifted RCFs. Very stupid move in my opinion considering how nice it is and subtle... You can add it back though. I made a thread on it. It was the first mod I did to my 2020 rcf and added door ambient lighting. Mines at full brightness all the time when the headlights are on and I actually prefer that since the lighting isn't bright, but it doesn't dim down. Looks super awesome. I actually took it a step further and added GSF door cup ambient lighting as well. So now I have both of those.

-Nigel
Old 04-24-23, 07:43 PM
07LXgs350
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

what are door cup ambient lights?
Old 04-24-23, 09:26 PM
nigel821
Racer

Originally Posted by 07LXgs350
what are door cup ambient lights?

I took the GSF inner door cup lighting module and added it to the RCF.

-Nigel
The following 2 users liked this post by nigel821:
MCB1970 (04-25-23), vraa (04-25-23)
Old 08-24-23, 08:11 AM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
The cf performance package with the face lifted models never came with TVD, it was a standalone option unlike the pre-face lifted versions which came with it. Option was around $1200 I think but you can add it to any face lifted RCF with no other options if you wanted.
They are really weird with options. I saw a base RCF, projector headlights with base wheels and no options but it did have TVD which was different.

I'm wondering if they removed TVD all together? No mention in it at all in the attached PDF. It will be interesting to see the touch screen. Part of me likes that but I also like it sunken into the dash on how it currently is. Now that it's up front more I'm not sure I will like that look. Too many cars now have a huge screen slapped on the dash and it just looks awful to me. I'd rather not have a screen at all, than it sticking out how manufactures are doing with the current trend.

-Nigel
Lexus press releases say TVD is gone starting in 2023. Even for 2022, I noticed most RCFs sold in the western states lack the TVD, all weather wipers/headlight washers, and two-tone seats. When I was shopping around earlier this year, the vehicles sold in the Midwest and East Coast were loaded. Those sold in CA, CO, UT, etc only came with black seats and none of the options I listed above. That was a deal breaker for me. I got my USB with all options including factory illuminated door scuff plates for nearly $5k below sticker. Of course, the dealer added on $3k of options such as ceramic tints, below door Lexus emblem lights, which is where they make a small profit. One option I did buy is the service subscription, which includes all scheduled service to 50k mi (never mind BMW gives you this).

I also don’t like the “in-your-face” touchscreen. One can replace the 10 inch screen in the pre 2023 models with a touchscreen ($700 Amazon) and still have the recessed, streamlined appearance (see Huang Bros video)
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (08-24-23)
Old 08-25-23, 09:46 AM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Originally Posted by Jim_Chow
Lexus press releases say TVD is gone starting in 2023. Even for 2022, I noticed most RCFs sold in the western states lack the TVD, all weather wipers/headlight washers, and two-tone seats. When I was shopping around earlier this year, the vehicles sold in the Midwest and East Coast were loaded. Those sold in CA, CO, UT, etc only came with black seats and none of the options I listed above. That was a deal breaker for me. I got my USB with all options including factory illuminated door scuff plates for nearly $5k below sticker. Of course, the dealer added on $3k of options such as ceramic tints, below door Lexus emblem lights, which is where they make a small profit. One option I did buy is the service subscription, which includes all scheduled service to 50k mi (never mind BMW gives you this).

I also don’t like the “in-your-face” touchscreen. One can replace the 10 inch screen in the pre 2023 models with a touchscreen ($700 Amazon) and still have the recessed, streamlined appearance (see Huang Bros video)

Yep seems like Lexus removed quite a few features. On top of the TVD, users have posted here and on FB that they no longer have preset seating positions on the driver side. It's all key based. They also removed the strut bars that were on the engine for some reason.
My 2020 new on the lot had a MSRP of $81k I believe. I went in November and not only got the Lexus $6k cash rebate, but the dealer matched it because my wife is Persian and it's hell to negotiate with them... they will just wear you down and down and down..lol. So I ended up getting my car for $68k. It was pretty much identical to what I built online. Down to the ultra-white exterior, premium package, sunroof, white leather interior, orange calipers, ML stereo, illuminated door sills.etc. Only thing I really wanted was Android Auto which for some stupid reason Lexus didn't add that until 2021.. mine just has Apple Car play. I actually really wanted power folding mirrors but that took two years to source and get. But I believe I'm the only face lifted RCF in the USA with power folding mirrors..lol

I don't like what they did to the interior of the newer RCFs especially with the mismatched vents. Two round and then the centers are rectangular... it just looks odd. And also agree on the touch screen. It doesn't make sense to me on a system that isn't great. I have no qualms with the touch pad. And actually, it's not bad at all. I wrote off the GSF because it had that stupid joystick and then I picked up a ct200h last year and it has that... and after using it, I realized it's not as bad. I would still take the mouse touch pad over the joystick but with either system you do not have to take your eyes off anything. A touch screen especially how Lexus is incorporating it is hideous. And I hate seeing fingers prints on screens. My BIL just picked up a 2023 LC500 and it's such a beautiful car but the interior they re-designed so now instead of the screen being recessed in the dash it sticks out. It looks so bad compared to what it used to look like and flowed/blended seamlessly...

I love lexus / toyota but they are lacking with a lot of stuff. The competition does really have much nicer and more up to date interiors.

-Nigel
The following users liked this post:
miop4000 (08-25-23)
Old 08-25-23, 02:18 PM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Well said Nigel.

The new touch screens are a shocker with lazy intergrations.

Lexus listens to too many journalists and people that don’t own and buy the cars.

The change to the LC interior would never have happened with the attention to detail mantra of Lexus 10 years ago. Kneejerk reaction to a journalist problem that never existed.

The RCF continues to be stripped of features with ugly dash changes.

They even stopped selling any of the sporty sedans in Australia.