RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Officially Gone

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-23, 10:59 AM
SC430inVA
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Officially Gone

I sold my RCF yesterday, removed the the Invidia exhaust and sold that separately. My RCF replacement is in the garage getting ready for PPF and ceramic coating.

Here it is

Best of luck to everyone here with their NA V8's !!!
The following 3 users liked this post by SC430inVA:
nigel821 (02-16-23), SideOfRice (02-17-23), sqlboy2000 (02-16-23)
Old 02-16-23, 11:23 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 769 Likes on 479 Posts

Noice! I still love Macans! Can you post interior shots?

I wouldn't say you did bad at all... you upgraded!..lol. I keep telling my wife the next car is a porsche.

-Nigel
Old 02-16-23, 11:40 AM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts

Congrats, those are awesome!
There's much worse ways to spend time than zipping around in a Macan.
Taycan is probably the vehicle that will eventually get me out of the RC-F.
Old 02-16-23, 12:52 PM
RandallNYC
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
Noice! I still love Macans! Can you post interior shots?

I wouldn't say you did bad at all... you upgraded!..lol. I keep telling my wife the next car is a porsche.

-Nigel
I don't mean to be a Negative Nancy. But can someone please explain how a Macan is an upgrade from a RC-F? Having owned a Macan S for three years, and trading it in for a RC-F I'm confused. Even if you ignore quality, the RC-F still costs more.

Last edited by RandallNYC; 02-16-23 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-16-23, 01:32 PM
07LXgs350
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by RandallNYC
I don't mean to be a Negative Nancy. But can someone please explain how a Macan is an upgrade from a RC-F? Having owned a Macan S for three years, and trading it in for a RC-F I'm confused. Even if you ignore quality, the RC-F still costs more.
MACAN GTS starts at 83K, RC F starts at 68K. A well optioned macan GTS can easily eclipse 100k
Old 02-16-23, 02:06 PM
SC430inVA
Pit Crew

Default I don't want to come across as a baller, but

The GTS was extremely well optioned and stickered at $108. I picked up this 5 month old gem with 1,460 miles as a CPO with 5yrs/7mos warranty at a very decent discount from MSRP. That said, the Porsche tax on options is crazy high and not worth the money IMO .I love the way it handles/drives and it is extremely quick for a SUV. I am very fortunate to be able to satisfy my car ownership hobby, plus my goal is to die with a $0 balance bank account .

I haven't taken many pics yet, will do a full portfolio afrer the PPF/ceramic. It will never look better than that first day after the beauty treatment. Here are a couple more pics Nigel

If only it had the V8 thunder of the RCF Cheers

The following 2 users liked this post by SC430inVA:
nigel821 (02-16-23), sqlboy2000 (02-16-23)
Old 02-16-23, 02:13 PM
stag3
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 07LXgs350
MACAN GTS starts at 83K, RC F starts at 68K. A well optioned macan GTS can easily eclipse 100k
they're 2 completely diff types of cars, he just moved from a GT touring car to an suv
The following 2 users liked this post by stag3:
nigel821 (02-16-23), x360box (02-16-23)
Old 02-16-23, 03:33 PM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Porsche quality. I test drove a Macan GTS and a Panamera GTS. Both quality and fit and finish is in my opinion above a Lexus. Mind you if you had a lower level Macan, I can get that. But personally I'd 100% take a gts macan over my RCF...lol. I LOVE my RCF. But it's completely different in driving. When you got a little SUV that is as fast as the RCF and in terms of quickness that's pretty bad *** to me. Depending on options.etc. I'm just saying Porsche is hard to be in terms of a lot of things. Every time I have built a Macan its price point is close to $100k. Then you start asking should you spend that much on a Macan or put the money towards a very very base 911, or even a Cayman...etc. Porsche's pricing is nuts and makes you second guess everything.

-Nigel
Old 02-16-23, 03:42 PM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Originally Posted by SC430inVA
The GTS was extremely well optioned and stickered at $108. I picked up this 5 month old gem with 1,460 miles as a CPO with 5yrs/7mos warranty at a very decent discount from MSRP. That said, the Porsche tax on options is crazy high and not worth the money IMO .I love the way it handles/drives and it is extremely quick for a SUV. I am very fortunate to be able to satisfy my car ownership hobby, plus my goal is to die with a $0 balance bank account .

I haven't taken many pics yet, will do a full portfolio afrer the PPF/ceramic. It will never look better than that first day after the beauty treatment. Here are a couple more pics Nigel

If only it had the V8 thunder of the RCF Cheers
col
Very awesome. LOVE the interior. I love light color interiors so much than black. It's so light and airy.. Very awesome. Love that you have the clear rear brake light too. I don't see that very often but when you see it on a nice color (assuming that's Chalk?) it just flows so nice!

Love that you don't have black wheels as well. It's super annoying to me when you start going with a trim or level (GTS) they automatically do the black wheels. The gloss black accents on the exterior looks great. Only option I would delete are the roof rails. I love how the macan looks without them.

In that one pictures I was excited to see both the Macan and RCF there in the garage, hoping that "you didn't let go of it". All is good though!

Enjoy it!!

-Nigel
Old 02-16-23, 04:07 PM
RandallNYC
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Base model to base model. Base Macan is $57,500. GTS is the highest trim and goes against the Track Edition. I totally disagree with everything said above. It’s a jack of all trades master of none vehicle with mediocre handling and poor reliability. I don’t care what trim or how much you paid for it. Now if you’re just blowing cash because YOLO that’s cool. But to say the Macan beats than the RC-F at any aspect other than off-roading is up for serious debate. People worship that Porsche crest more than Jesus Christ.
The following users liked this post:
Vitveet (02-18-23)
Old 02-16-23, 05:23 PM
07LXgs350
Intermediate

Base model to base model. Base Macan is $57,500. GTS is the highest trim and goes against the Track Edition. I totally disagree with everything said above. It’s a jack of all trades master of none vehicle with mediocre handling and poor reliability. I don’t care what trim or how much you paid for it. Now if you’re just blowing cash because YOLO that’s cool. But to say the Macan beats than the RC-F at any aspect other than off-roading is up for serious debate. People worship that Porsche crest more than Jesus Christ.
If youre gonna play that game a base RC is 40-42k. He got a macan GTS which is an upgrade over an RCF albeit they are complete different types of cars.
Old 02-16-23, 05:24 PM
07LXgs350
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stag3
they're 2 completely diff types of cars, he just moved from a GT touring car to an suv
I was replying to the post saying a RCF is an upgrade over a Macan GTS - which it isnt. I realize they are two different types of vehicles.
Old 02-16-23, 07:06 PM
SC430inVA
Pit Crew

It's all good guys. No need to compare the two. Both are awesome in their own right. My business model is to experience as many cool cars as I can while I am physically/mentally able to drive.

Nigel, you and I are on the same page regarding interior and wheels. Chalk was my most non-negotiable option. I had a 7M 911 C2S for 3 years prior to buying the RCF. I will tell you the 911 was my all-time favorite. If you ever get the opportunity, get one.
Old 02-16-23, 07:51 PM
stag3
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 07LXgs350
I was replying to the post saying a RCF is an upgrade over a Macan GTS - which it isnt. I realize they are two different types of vehicles.
understood, I just meant I don't consider it an upgrade as you've switched class of cars. I love Porsches, I hope to own a 911 one day
now if he went from the rcF to a 911 or something, then I'd consider that an upgrade.
I'd love to buy a Boxster gts or s, but Porsche prices have gone waaaaaaaaay up, this would be in addition to my rcF, not in place of.
I plan to keep my F until she or I die hah.
Old 02-17-23, 05:44 AM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

I'm referring to his RCF. The Macan GTS that he just bought is in fact an upgrade over his RCF. If he had a track edition RCF then maybe not... but for all intensive purposes the new vehicle is better (he didn't buy a base / T model) His GTS has a faster 0-60 time than his RCF, much nicer interior, newer...etc, so to state that it doesn't matter what trim or how much you pay regardless and make a blanket statement is incorrect, sorry. I don't worship Porsche but it can't be denied that they are pretty excellent machines. Yes they are two completely different vehicles, but one could argue the same thing with the RCF being good at many things: IE: great daily driver GT car, but too heavy to take seriously at the track or the list of other stuff people complain about. Hell it would have been awesome to keep both of them in the stable. Having a functional 4 door vehicle hauler and then a nice 2 door coupe can't be beat :-)

Originally Posted by SC430inVA
It's all good guys. No need to compare the two. Both are awesome in their own right. My business model is to experience as many cool cars as I can while I am physically/mentally able to drive.

Nigel, you and I are on the same page regarding interior and wheels. Chalk was my most non-negotiable option. I had a 7M 911 C2S for 3 years prior to buying the RCF. I will tell you the 911 was my all-time favorite. If you ever get the opportunity, get one.
I've always loved chalk. Carmine red is also really beautiful in person! When we test drove a panamera gts it was carmine. Is your interior pebble gray/slate gray? it makes it look classy and airy. All black interiors are just so plain and boring to me. I hate that my ct200h f-sport is all black inside yet the base models have caramel or other colors.

When you say that about the 911 it makes me want to get one. The 911 gts is a really good fit but I'm almost certain I would want a Targa GTS, as that is what I keep building. I've always loved cars with T-tops and since that is non existent in modern day, I feel like that targa is as close as I can get to that look when it's open.

Do you mind telling us some of the main specs of the GTS? What options did it come with? Looks like extended leather on the dash/deviated stitching..etc.

-Nigel

Quick Reply: Officially Gone