RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

To Mark Levinson or not

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-14 | 04:25 PM
cardoc1
Driver

Default Two Thumbs Up for the ML System

I just picked my RCF up last night & after driving a-while listening to the excellent engine sounds I decided to turn on the tunes to check out the ML system and wow the ML system blows me away. I have an 08 ISF with the ML system & the new one in the RCF with HD radio is worth every penny - do yourself a favor and buy it !!!!!

Last edited by cardoc1; 11-13-14 at 04:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-13-14 | 04:45 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
Thanks for all of the reply's! Also it's not the money that matters to me more of a value, if I spend 4k in aftermarket it's going to be better, but it's also the installer / issues / etc.

I will have to hear both so I guess I will have to wait. Seems like most dealers are ordering with it so I may just take a listen and if I like it get that option.

Again thanks for all the help on this!

Originally Posted by cardoc1
I just picked my RCF up last night & after driving a-while listening to the excellent engine sounds I decided to turn on the tunes to check out the ML system and wow the ML system blows me away. I have an 08 ISF with the ML system & the new one in the RCF with HD radio is worth every penny - do yourself a favor and buy it !!!!!
If your going to do anything aftermarket, I would pass on the ML because its an Amazing system to be replaced by cheaper counterpart audio accessories. You can test it out in other Lexus cars like the IS/GS/LS/RX (pretty much everything) to gauge if its worth it. What really matters is if your an audio person when it comes to music and the quality of it. Also like i said bluetooth streaming and AUX makes a huge difference as well in the investment. If not, the regular Non-ML system is just as good and I love the Non ML system
Old 11-13-14 | 05:24 PM
billdwong
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
Not necessarily. A professionally mastered CD with the right digital audio file format will do full surround. If you ever open up a store bought audio CD in your PC, they are not MP3's. They are .CDA also know as CD-DA which are Compact Disk Digital Audio files which can do the full surround. MP3's are know for dumbing it down to 2 channel
Compact Disc Digital Audio (a.k.a CD-DA, or redbook) is 2-channels at 44.1 khz.

The Lexus Mark Levinson system usually has the ability to play DVD-Audio in 5.1 surround at 96khz. Perhaps that's what you're thinking about. It also typically sounds pretty good and it's not a terribly expensive option. If you like pretty good audio but don't want to go really loud you may be best served buying the Mark Levinson system (so you don't have to mess around with aftermarket) and use the money you'd otherwise spend on audio to buy a nicer set of wheels.
Old 11-14-14 | 09:13 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Ordered it with the carbon.
Old 11-14-14 | 10:32 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Agreed! Lexus did really well with this ML system in the RCF. If its an offered option and you can afford it, don't pass up on it. If you plan on taking the difference of the ML system and go aftermarket, by all means go ahead, but lets not forget you will be adding "more weight" with the amp/s, wires, possible heavier speakers, possible heavier subwoofer, possible subwoofer enclose, and etc.... But lets leave the weight savings talk in the other threads lol.

Last edited by aWorkOfArt; 11-14-14 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-14-14 | 07:55 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
Agreed! Lexus did really well with this ML system in the RCF. If its an offered option and you can afford it, don't pass up on it. If you plan on taking the difference of the ML system and go aftermarket, by all means go ahead, but lets not forget you will be adding "more weight" with the amp/s, wires, possible heavier speakers, possible heavier subwoofer, possible subwoofer enclose, and etc.... But lets leave the weight savings talk in the other threads lol.

The weight is not the issue, its the rattles and issues with almost ANY aftermarket audio install, even from top places.

Worst case for me is if I upgrade ever they will have all the spots already cut for replacement speakers
Old 11-14-14 | 10:17 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

to ugprade the 17 speakers would be require tearing up all the interior, rather get it upgraded from the factory
Old 11-15-14 | 09:01 AM
TonyCarson
Rookie

I have a GS350 F sport with the ML, had a loaner without the ML. I could easily tell the different post 30 volume, the ML was much fuller...it was crisp with good bass all the way to MAX volume. I highly recommend it, and I have a full JL audio custom setup in my Z.