RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F Has Its Defenders

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-15, 02:33 PM
adpock
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC F Has Its Defenders

While some automotive journalists can't get over the RC F's power to weight issues, one prescient writer can see the forest from the trees.

Read the rest on the Club Lexus homepage. >>
Old 05-11-15, 04:58 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The M4 is FAR from a perfect car, despite the BMW M legacy. Of course, redefining a class of car and creating a new order, which I believe Lexus has done, is not for the light-hearted German manufacturers who cling to what they know.

The RCF after 1,000 miles is like a new pair of shoes that can be a bit new in the beginning and then become quite comfortable in time.

This whole weight thing is the ONLY thing would-be race car editors can articulate these days to attempt to draw attention. I DO NOT notice anything related to weight. What I DO notice is agility, pure power, remarkable slot-car cornering, and all the creature comforts. I do not notice anyone criticizing the weight of the RS5, the Maserati Grand Tourismo coupe (very heavy), and many others.

I also do not find the would-be race car editors touting the RCFs victories in AMCI testing over the RS 5 and M4, the cars fast times on Euro courses (Fastlaps beating the M3), its great Motown Mile time documented by Road & Track, and the dead heat run between the RCF and M4 by MotorTrend (which scared the be-Jesus out of Carlos).

I ran a 4.2 in the RCF on the past Sunday, and I dare say the car has even more on the low end to offer a good driver. The car is an animal on demanding back roads and can dish out as much as you can manage.

I'm glad this editor feels the RCF needs a boost in perception, but I feel the envy of the auto industry is the RCF as it goes against the traditional view of what an entry-level Supercar should be.

My head bows to Yaguchi San for having the conviction to engineer a great car independent of antiquated views maintained by anachronistic editors who think they know what a car should be today.

Turbo-apocalypse has yet to rear its ugly head as these German cars approach the 20-30 K mile mark. You can mark my words.

The RCF is like nothing I have ever driven and it truly is in another league above the competition. When will manufacturers start to design cars as Lexus has done that cut across the comfortable grain?

It's a special car. This European editor, who can drive, gets it. Enable CC (closed captions).

Last edited by ISF001; 05-11-15 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-11-15, 07:34 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
The M4 is FAR from a perfect car, despite the BMW M legacy. Of course, redefining a class of car and creating a new order, which I believe Lexus has done, is not for the light-hearted German manufacturers who cling to what they know.

The RCF after 1,000 miles is like a new pair of shoes that can be a bit new in the beginning and then become quite comfortable in time.

This whole weight thing is the ONLY thing would-be race car editors can articulate these days to attempt to draw attention. I DO NOT notice anything related to weight. What I DO notice is agility, pure power, remarkable slot-car cornering, and all the creature comforts. I do not notice anyone criticizing the weight of the RS5, the Maserati Grand Tourismo coupe (very heavy), and many others.

I also do not find the would-be race car editors touting the RCFs victories in AMCI testing over the RS 5 and M4, the cars fast times on Euro courses (Fastlaps beating the M3), its great Motown Mile time documented by Road & Track, and the dead heat run between the RCF and M4 by MotorTrend (which scared the be-Jesus out of Carlos).

I ran a 4.2 in the RCF on the past Sunday, and I dare say the car has even more on the low end to offer a good driver. The car is an animal on demanding back roads and can dish out as much as you can manage.

I'm glad this editor feels the RCF needs a boost in perception, but I feel the envy of the auto industry is the RCF as it goes against the traditional view of what an entry-level Supercar should be.

My head bows to Yaguchi San for having the conviction to engineer a great car independent of antiquated views maintained by anachronistic editors who think they know what a car should be today.

Turbo-apocalypse has yet to rear its ugly head as these German cars approach the 20-30 K mile mark. You can mark my words.

The RCF is like nothing I have ever driven and it truly is in another league above the competition. When will manufacturers start to design cars as Lexus has done that cut across the comfortable grain?

It's a special car. This European editor, who can drive, gets it. Enable CC (closed captions).
Lexus RC F road test - English subtitled - YouTube
AMEN Brother!