RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

The Ultimate Pursuit of Imperfection

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-04, 08:20 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry The Ultimate Pursuit of Imperfection

Well here we go again. I picked up my wife’s ’04 LS 430 from the dealer that was taken in for the 1,000 mile check up. Same revolting results as I experienced with my SC 430; to the point where even my wife is about to call the General Manager to let him have a piece of her mind. Different issues that I will not rant about but the same overall results. My advice to anyone buying a Lexus in the Sacramento area----- go to Lexus of Roseville and stay away from the dealer who specializes in The Ultimate Pursuit of Imperfection Lexus of SACRAMENTO.
Old 10-30-04, 10:05 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
Old 10-30-04, 12:46 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What happen ? Care to share us the story?
JPI
Old 10-30-04, 08:32 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Angry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JPI
JPI
[/QUOTE
] I picked up the car and there was a fairly good scratch on the driver's seat. Guess what?; "it probably was there before you dropped it off." I opened the trunk and the 2 side panels , to each side of the spare trunk well were laying in the middle of the trunk, bent and the fasteners laying somewhere in the trunk. The large cargo net was still attached. the pried the panels out without detaching the net and lifting the spare tire cover. At least you would have thought the brain surgeons would have tried to force the panels back in. As far as the wind noise; "We didn't hear anything". The last comment doesn't surprise me one bit. This is the same type of BS taht I came to expect from Mercedes. I guess they are all the same. As I stated before, if you are planning to buy a Lexus in the Sacramento area avoid Lexus of Sacramento.
Old 10-30-04, 09:09 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would write to the GM and take it straight to Lexus headquarter. After many complaints lexus will pay your dealership a visit. Don't just walk away from the problem. Voice your opinion and tell Lexus what you think about the dealership. One more thing, Ask to talk to the tech that worked on your vehicle. Give him a small talk and he will understand. As you can tell, I used to work at a lexus dealership for 7 years. Have fun.
JPI
Old 10-30-04, 09:27 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by lkirchner
I picked up the car and there was a fairly good scratch on the driver's seat. Guess what?; "it probably was there before you dropped it off." I opened the trunk and the 2 side panels , to each side of the spare trunk well were laying in the middle of the trunk, bent and the fasteners laying somewhere in the trunk. The large cargo net was still attached. the pried the panels out without detaching the net and lifting the spare tire cover. At least you would have thought the brain surgeons would have tried to force the panels back in. As far as the wind noise; "We didn't hear anything". The last comment doesn't surprise me one bit. This is the same type of BS taht I came to expect from Mercedes. I guess they are all the same. As I stated before, if you are planning to buy a Lexus in the Sacramento area avoid Lexus of Sacramento. [/B]
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Like JPI said, take it up the food chain. Lexus prides itself on service so don't let this dealership get away with it. When you are out of warranty, it may be difficult to get the same level of service (for free) but that is understandable. Sometimes, you get lucky and find a good dealership that will be understanding even after the warranty period..

In your case, however, you are still very much under warranty and should not be getting mistreated like this. Good luck.
Old 11-02-04, 06:09 PM
ALI_Enterp
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by JPI
I would write to the GM and take it straight to Lexus headquarter. After many complaints lexus will pay your dealership a visit. Don't just walk away from the problem. Voice your opinion and tell Lexus what you think about the dealership. One more thing, Ask to talk to the tech that worked on your vehicle. Give him a small talk and he will understand. As you can tell, I used to work at a lexus dealership for 7 years. Have fun.
JPI
I agree, complain. My dealership never gives a chance for any type of complaint, I think its to the point were they care to much . By the way you have good taste in cars.

Last edited by ALI_Enterp; 11-02-04 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-07-04, 07:31 AM
asleep
Rookie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lkirchner
Originally posted by JPI
JPI
[/QUOTE
] I picked up the car and there was a fairly good scratch on the driver's seat. Guess what?; "it probably was there before you dropped it off." I opened the trunk and the 2 side panels , to each side of the spare trunk well were laying in the middle of the trunk, bent and the fasteners laying somewhere in the trunk. The large cargo net was still attached. the pried the panels out without detaching the net and lifting the spare tire cover. At least you would have thought the brain surgeons would have tried to force the panels back in. As far as the wind noise; "We didn't hear anything". The last comment doesn't surprise me one bit. This is the same type of BS taht I came to expect from Mercedes. I guess they are all the same. As I stated before, if you are planning to buy a Lexus in the Sacramento area avoid Lexus of Sacramento.
I'd take this matter directly to Lexus USA.

This is how I get the best service for every car I own:

I always find out who the top mechanic in the shop is through the dealership manager. I go into the shop and meet the guy, check out the state of his workplace/tools, and tell him I'm very meticulous about my car. I tell him I want him to call me to alert me when any service advisory/bulletin is released for my model....I want all the updates(unless you tell a service adviser you're having the particular problem associated with the bulletin, you won't get the update). I tell him I'll take care of him and I give him $20.00. Every time I see him, he gets at least $20.00, and sometimes up to $50.00 depending on what his work entailed or what the service advisory was(did he save me from having a "dead" car somewhere on the road?). From the first service on, only one mechanic ever works on my car. It's a little bit of a pain because you have to determine which service writer has your mechanic on his team at the time you need service. You rarely deal with the same service writer, but always with the same mechanic. When I go to pick up my car, my mechanic always rushes out to greet me(he wants his tip) and he explains everything he serviced. He takes a personal interest in my car operating perfectly and being fully updated. This works. I probably spend $100-150 a year for this "service" and it is worth every penny to me. I do this with every car I own.