RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Very bad day (accident)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-04, 03:23 PM
IsraelRX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very bad day (accident)

Here is how my day started:
I drop off my wife at school, and start my drive back home. I drive no more than 100ft and out of nowhere this old lady, rams into my front right fender
All shooken up, I pull the car to the side of the road, get out of the car, to see that the gear oil (?) is spilling, the right fender is bent, my headlamp is broken, the front bumper right side is banged and the hood is slightly bent on its right side.
I get out of the car, approach the lady's car (a 1997 Chrysler Town Car) and this old lady opens the window, flustered as to what had just happened.
Luckily, she admitted to pulling out of a i-legal parking straight into my car, and a police officer that just arrived, wrote down everything, and assured me that it is all her fault and thats how he will write it.
The car is now in the body shop, waiting for her insurance co. to admit it is her driver's fault and pay the money.
I can't believemy bad luck

Thats it just felt like let some of it out...
Old 11-18-04, 04:25 PM
cnynctry
Driver School Candidate

Accidents do suck. But.....it's only a car and it can be replaced. The big thing is no one was hurt. Take a deep breath and know that we all feel for ya, and glad you're OK.
Old 11-20-04, 04:59 AM
rl9905
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, I'm sorry to hear bout your RX and for that very bad day. Just think of it this way, it already happen so it's already in the past, just leave it in the past and don't bring it back to the present. Just be glad that nobody isn't hurt. Even thou this might be the lady's fault, i'm pretty sure she didnt do that on purpose, that's why they call it "Accidents" and not call "On purpose hit". I got into an accident too but it wasn't my fault, but then once everything is fix, it will look at new again.
Old 11-22-04, 03:29 PM
StrmRdr23
Pole Position

Default Re: Very bad day (accident)

ouch! i know it sucks that your rx got banged up but you're ok and that's what's important, man! at least that old lady came clean, too...that woulda been hating...

Originally posted by IsraelRX
Here is how my day started:
I drop off my wife at school, and start my drive back home. I drive no more than 100ft and out of nowhere this old lady, rams into my front right fender
All shooken up, I pull the car to the side of the road, get out of the car, to see that the gear oil (?) is spilling, the right fender is bent, my headlamp is broken, the front bumper right side is banged and the hood is slightly bent on its right side.
I get out of the car, approach the lady's car (a 1997 Chrysler Town Car) and this old lady opens the window, flustered as to what had just happened.
Luckily, she admitted to pulling out of a i-legal parking straight into my car, and a police officer that just arrived, wrote down everything, and assured me that it is all her fault and thats how he will write it.
The car is now in the body shop, waiting for her insurance co. to admit it is her driver's fault and pay the money.
I can't believemy bad luck

Thats it just felt like let some of it out...
Old 11-26-04, 01:49 AM
joako
Driver

Originally posted by cnynctry
Accidents do suck. But.....it's only a car and it can be replaced. The big thing is no one was hurt. Take a deep breath and know that we all feel for ya, and glad you're OK.
So true, I had about the same damage done to my other car when I lost control, and did a 180 on the expressway , after someone cut me off. For a moment I didnt know what was going to happen to me.
Old 11-26-04, 07:21 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

good thing no one was hurt. the only bad part is dealing with those insurance ppl, . hope they won't give u a hard time.
Old 11-29-04, 10:31 PM
IsraelRX
Pole Position

Thank you for all the kind replies.
Today I got a call from the lady's insurance co. that they approved the my claim, and my car should be ready sometime next week.
The damage is 4,200$,, which is good, since the lady's insurance is good only for 5K$
The damage is not too bad, wheel & Tire, right fender, front bumper, trans. oil radiator, headlamp...
Can't wait to get it back, I am really surprised how much I prefer it over the V70 I rented
Old 11-30-04, 11:53 AM
stnmtnRX
Driver School Candidate

I know how you feel. Last April my son was clipped on the left rear quarter panel of our 99 RX300 during a rain storm. He was going about 60MPH. The car spun around a couple of times and hit the concrete median wall in the front and right rear bumpers. Total damage was about $8500. And the person never stopped. After 6 weeks of repair, the transmission went out ('99 with 90000+ miles), which Lexus only charged me $1000 labor. Once that was repaired, about 2 more weeks, he was rear ended that caused damage to the front AND rear bumpers again and $2500 of repair. Fortunately he was uninjured in both accidents. And none of the airbags deployed.