RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Leasing Trade-In?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-05, 02:16 PM
Skandelous
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Leasing Trade-In?

Does anyone know if it is poosible to trade-in your vehicle while it is still in lease? I have an Acura TL still on lease but want to get a Lexus. Is it possible that Lexus will take the vehicle still on lease, or do I have to sell my TL under lease outside of the dealership?
Old 01-15-05, 02:22 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Why not just ask the dealer?

Don't you take a fairly significant whack for terming your lease early, tho?
Old 01-16-05, 08:58 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Skandelous
Does anyone know if it is poosible to trade-in your vehicle while it is still in lease? I have an Acura TL still on lease but want to get a Lexus. Is it possible that Lexus will take the vehicle still on lease, or do I have to sell my TL under lease outside of the dealership?
Usually more times than not, because your under a contract there is a heafty penality for terminating the lease early......weigh both sides before making that decision or just hang on to your TL untill the lease is up & get a Lexus at that time.
Old 01-16-05, 04:14 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Find someone to assume the Acura lease. You can post classified ad on many auto websites or local newspapers. The TL is a nice car so you probably won't need to put in a cash incentive to find a willing taker.

Then get your Lexus.
Old 01-16-05, 09:32 PM
joako
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few things to consider:

Some leases are closed -- you CANNOT buy out your car. If yours is not then you can call the lease compay and get a buy out amount -- you pay them that amount and you own the car. There should not be a penalty for buying it out -- only returning the car and terminating the lease early.

With that said alot of attractive lease offers play around with numbers, so you have a high residual (amount the car is estimated to be worth at the end of the lease) giving you lower payments. If this is the case your best luck will be to use a site such as leasetrader.com to get rid of the car (there are at least 2 similar sites).

If not and your lease is not closed, you can contact your lease company and inquire as to how much your buy out would be. You could sell the car or trade it in (find out how much the dealer will give you to trade your car in -- if its very close to your buy out amount that might be the most hassle-free way to go about things), what the dealer (or the financing company they work with) will do is buy out the car and roll in the difference between that and the trade in value you are getting into your new lease or loan.
Old 01-17-05, 07:22 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Red face

Skand,

how much longer do you to go on the lease of your Acura?