RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models
View Poll Results: What sex is the driver of your RX?
Male
46.90%
Female
53.10%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

What sex is the driver of your RX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-05, 07:07 AM
jfarber
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mmahamm,

It's a truck and you felt uncomfortable driving it? What do you drive a Dodge Ram or something? I'm not sure what you would think would be femenine about it?
Old 06-29-05, 10:41 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by jfarber
mmahamm,

It's a truck and you felt uncomfortable driving it? What do you drive a Dodge Ram or something? I'm not sure what you would think would be femenine about it?
well, for me RX is by far the best looking SUV on the roads.. not many of them around here either so they look special.

It is certainly not masculine looking as GX, which looks like it can eat it for breakfast but it looks handsome and it looks sporty. I can see where "girly" comes out - when you compare it with Thundra, GX it is smaller and sportier - but heck, should we all drive huge boats to satisfy our menhood?

Personally, coming from MRS Turbo, I would by far rather drive "girly" RX400h than "musculine" Pickup boat...
Old 06-29-05, 11:10 AM
Bane
Rookie

Originally Posted by HarrierAWD
I remember this old British TV commercial. It was a mock TV contest game show. Where a woman looked at each man's "manhood" and tried to figure out what vehicle he drove.

The woman correctly guessed that one man drove Porsche 911, and another short man drove Lamborghini Testarosa,.... yet the man with the most confident look on his face drove a Mini. You get the idea.
What's a Lamborghini Testrarosa?

Anyway back to the original post... my girlfriend drives an RX. Two of my other friends also own one and they are both female also

I like driving it around... I get more comments about my 04 S2000 being "cute" or "girly" then I think the RX would get anyday.

My friend's wife has a new Beetle with the full on girly package. She wanted an "upgrade" the to the built in flower holder so he built a motorized flower that spins when the ignition is on. Needless to say I laugh at him anytime I hear he took that car out... and I'll never go to lunch with him in that car :-x
Old 07-11-05, 08:57 PM
hybridos
Driver School Candidate

Default male and female both drive RX 400h

My wife bought a RX-400h in April. I drove the heck out of it. She made sure there was another one for me in our driveway in May ....14 year wedding anniversary!

Mine is Silver-black interior DVD RX-400h
Hers is Black with light interior RX-400h.

We have had Range rovers, Subs, big 7 series Beemers etc....these Hybrid cars are fantastic and so quiet.. Lots of torque and easy to move around in a town of Suburbans and Excursions.

I am 6'4" and 245 lbs. The car is adequate in leg room. I must admit I am less able to fill up my Lexus with junk and dirty clothes and farm crap than I am my 3/4 Ton Suburban 4x4 Turbo Diesel.

Old 07-11-05, 11:24 PM
RC51Rob
Driver School Candidate

Smile M or F

About 3 weeks ago I totaled my wife's Montero and she has wanted the RX for years so last Saturday we bought her a 2000, ended up playing 3 dealers against each other and got it for $16,500 with all the options except Nav (which I really want to add). Anyway the salesman at one of the dealers was showing me all the little features that were designed with the woman in mind, the storage, lighted makeup mirrors, purse holder, so my understanding is that it was designed for a woman, but I like driving it too, at least until I heal up and can get back on my motorcycle.
Old 07-13-05, 08:49 AM
tsings31
Driver School Candidate

I'm a female in her late thirties. I purchased the RX330 last year (upgrading from a '97 Neon) as a birthday present and absolutely love it.

I also considered the X5, X3, XC90, ML350 and the Toureg. But the 330 was the most appealing and offered the options that I wanted for a reasonable price.
Old 07-18-05, 04:10 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Female.

Though I drive it when we go out as a family since I need to ensure that I reach my destination in one piece.

Fortunately it works both ways as the better-half has white knuckles when she's ever in a car with me

Overall the car is not tailored for someone over 6'2 who plans on taking road trips over a few hours long...my knees kill me after 3.5 hour drives. Maybe the 400h is a little better...though I may get a GX next, just got to get over the looks.
Old 07-21-05, 12:04 AM
Josh83
Driver School Candidate

The RX's are my wifes, the Land Cruisers are mine. The RX is a tiny little car and I can't get comfortable in it. RX's are decidedly feminine. Around here you see TONS of them and women drive them all.
Old 07-21-05, 01:16 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

just got one for my wife as well

picked up a 2002 with 42k miles & coming off lease.... it was my fathers actually & he was turning it in so i bought it off the lease & paid 20k for it... i think i got a good deal... it is clean & has all service records & no problems what so ever...

i will be "modding it " to fit our "family style" asap.. .the plan is already in effect.... i can't have a fully tricked out supercharged IS & a bone stock RX now CAN i....??

this should be fun...
Old 07-24-05, 09:47 AM
bob2200
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RC51Rob
Anyway the salesman at one of the dealers was showing me all the little features that were designed with the woman in mind, the storage, lighted makeup mirrors, purse holder.
I don't know why the storage is more woman-like (they're neater??). All the cars have makeup mirrors these days. I've had my RX for 3 years now and don't know where the purse holder is. You can't open the storage drawer if there's a purse there.

I vote with those who say it's more a thinking guys car. The ES300/ES330 is more of a girls car, less headroom.
Old 07-27-05, 05:59 AM
ArcherIII
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife drives our RX300. I purchased it originally but once we were married she took it over. Most RX300/330's I see have women at the wheel. It is a bit of a feminine car, but I do enjoy driving it. Basically it is a glorified stationwagon with minivan tendancies. For our purposes it is very nearly ideal, although there are times when I wish for more ground clearance. It is what it is.
Old 07-28-05, 03:23 PM
lecklai
Driver School Candidate

Default Male driver

She is femanine, she is sexy, she likes me in control, and her name is Veronica.
Old 07-28-05, 10:42 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jfarber
I can't believe so many women drive the RX. It's not like it's a Jetta, Civic or mini SUV. I think it's a very masculine looking SUV.
Hey man,

Not to argue with you but I think the RX is 100% a womans car. I don't see anything masculine about it.

I think it is a mini suv - the LX being the big one.

This is just my opinion so please don't be offended. I think they are cool, just not for me.

jonny
Old 07-28-05, 10:48 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bane
What's a Lamborghini Testrarosa?
http://downloads.redjupiter.com/user...starossa1b.jpg

Jonny
Old 07-31-05, 11:21 AM
CDN_LXS
Driver School Candidate

I guess we are split 50/50. My mom has the '06 400h and I have the '05 330. We both love them, so much better than driving a car. Our current RX's are now our families 3rd and 4th RX's. We've had a '00 AWD Premium, '02 AWD Coach Edition and an '04 AWD Ultra-Premium. How can you tell we LOVE these SUV's? haha

Last edited by CDN_LXS; 07-31-05 at 11:27 AM.

Quick Reply: What sex is the driver of your RX?