RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

1st Service visit

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-01, 07:32 AM
nala swan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I just went in for my 1st service visit for my 2001 RX 300 SilverSport. When I first picked up the SUV when I purchased it, I didn't notice that the leather on the passenger side was not of the same texture or tension as the rest of the seats. I figured with Lexus' reputation of "customer service" I would just wait for the 1st service visit to address. Well, my to my dissapointment, the service person told me that it was perhaps "the passenger seat is not used as much as the drivers seat" I told him that the back seats aren't used at all and the leather on them looks fine! He then said that the leather is still in the "breaking in" period and to give it until my 5,000 mile service visit. I told him I was still not satisified so they just logged the complaint and said come back at 5,000 miles and they would re-address the issue. they put "leather conditioner" on the seat. I said this would not help because #1: the tension on the leather is not as tight as the rest of the seats so now I'll just have loose conditoned leater!, and # 2, any logical person can see that the leather is defective on the passenger side seat.

Can anyone suggest what I should do in the meantime before my 5,000 service visit. I am in the process of writing a letter to Lexus. At this point, I am not happy with Lexus' customer service.
Old 07-23-01, 09:06 AM
ObiDon
Driver

This is not right. Contact your sales person first and have him talk to the service manager. Sound like the service person was in too much of a hurry to get done with you.
Old 07-23-01, 09:09 AM
nala swan
Driver School Candidate

My Sales Person was there as well and said, "Don't worry, If there is a problem it wont be a problem because we're Lexus". However, he also agreed with the service person and said to wait for the first 5,000 miles. I did feel rushed - This all happened on Saturday and they were short staffed.
Old 07-23-01, 09:27 AM
ObiDon
Driver

Originally posted by nala swan
My Sales Person was there as well and said, "Don't worry, If there is a problem it wont be a problem because we're Lexus". However, he also agreed with the service person and said to wait for the first 5,000 miles. I did feel rushed - This all happened on Saturday and they were short staffed.
I'm sure that in his mind he thought he was done. Call him back and tell him that this is not true. For $40,000, he needs to make you feel right. Tell him you want the sales manager, and service manager to agree, that if it is not right at 5000 you get a new cover, and they will order it NOW.